Default Is it okay to start a thread about weed?

I'm curious if it would be considered appropriate to start a general thread about marijuana. It's been decriminalized in much of the United States, but this might be considered a poor topic for a PG-13 site, since some of the posters would be users discussing products and techniques.

I'll note I'm not sure that I'd start the thread, but I'm interested to know what the options are.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I'm curious if it would be considered appropriate to start a general thread about marijuana. It's been decriminalized in much of the United States, but this might be considered a poor topic for a PG-13 site, since some of the posters would be users discussing products and techniques.

I'll note I'm not sure that I'd start the thread, but I'm interested to know what the options are.
    Don't we already have one asking if you smoke pot in the CBR Community section?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Don't we already have one asking if you smoke pot in the CBR Community section?
    Thanks. This answers all questions (Is it appropriate? How should it start?)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I guess. Though I personally think that the use of all recreational drugs should be discouraged. And pot is way stronger than it used to be. People can call me a square if they want. But I think it's healthier not to become accustomed to living in an altered mental state.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I guess. Though I personally think that the use of all recreational drugs should be discouraged. And pot is way stronger than it used to be. People can call me a square if they want. But I think it's healthier not to become accustomed to living in an altered mental state.
    Personal opinions aside, the research dedicated to the beneficial aspects of marijuana are extensive. Whether it's for pain relief or serious illness, it is incredibly helpful to many people, I mean that's why doctors prescribe it.

I understand if forum rules forbid it but I see nothing wrong with discussion re: ANY drugs. Many people take ketamine for therapeutic reasons for example, and for many the discussion about drugs, their effects, and topics surrounding their criminalization can be enlightening and invigorating as well as educational. So if you were to ask me, I say people should be welcome to talk about any and all drugs, but there should be rules against directly endorsing certain drugs and/or pressuring/convincing people to try them.

The worst thing would be to enable someone's bad habits or upset anyone who is dealing or has dealt with drug addiction in their lives. It is a painful and serious issue that is only getting worse in the USA. But to me, having a community to be able to talk about these things openly and become more educated can only do more good than harm.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post

Sorry, to good to pass up the opportunity.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

The federal government only allows cannabis to be used for research purposes and, last I checked, there was only one federal approved grow in the entire US. Also the US government still classifies cannabis as a Schedule I drug with a high potential for abuse and little to no medical benefit. Same as it classifies heroin and cocaine. And that status has stood firm through all administrations, Dem or Repub, inhale or not inhale.

We have other countries represented here, though, and I don't have a problem with talking about it. I'll stand up for your right to paaaaaaaarty!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

Look like you opened one just by asking.