Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Wow, poor Henry Cavill. Showed him the door like a two dollar whore and brought Gal Gadot back for more. Everyone has had their shot at another movie, it seems, even Flash and Aquaman. But not Superman. Well, or Cyborg.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Hoping the Gal story is wrong. I liked her as Wonder Woman but they need to flush the main parts of the DCEU, including her version of the character. Do the Amazons project, wait a few years and then introduce a new Diana.

Henry Cavill also announced that he would be coming back as Superman and we saw how that turned out. I won’t be convinced until we hear James Gunn himself confirm that Gal will be Wonder Woman again.

Well, it was reported months ago gal was in talks with staying as ww so this isn't new news. So far, we have--

Maybe gal staying
    Aquaman 3 post flash
    Peacemaker sticking around
    Amanda waller sticking around
    Shazam actor said he is staying even if no shazam solo film
    Blue beetle staying
    No way harley gets recast. Barbie heading for a billion also pretty sure they will keep her.

So, this sounds like crisis 80s "reboot" of superman and batman stuff rebooted and everything else stays the same. Not sure about flash after the film bombed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I don't want this to be part of Gunn's DCU if true - I just want it to be it's own separate thing to give Gal a proper send off with a nice end to a trilogy and better than 84. She deserves to go out on a high note for the character.

Outside of unaired pilots for series never picked up, aren't Gal and Lynda the only ones to have ever played Wonder Woman? It's like saying Robert Downey Jr was the best to have played Iron Man - of course he was, no one else has done it yet!
    I'm glad Gal will be back to complete a trilogy of movies. I'd kind of like it if the last shot is her going into the Hall of Justice and meeting Snyder's Justice League one last time. Give Affleck and Cavil and the rest a proper send-off, and end with a title card saying something like 'The adventure will always continue.'

If they hadn't turned the end of The Flash into a joke, I'd wish it would tie in with that.

As for RDJ and Iron Man, I think he was actually the SECOND person to play that role in live action. There was a TV movie in 1978 that had a hilarious looking Iron Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Hoping the Gal story is wrong. I liked her as Wonder Woman but they need to flush the main parts of the DCEU, including her version of the character. Do the Amazons project, wait a few years and then introduce a new Diana.

Henry Cavill also announced that he would be coming back as Superman and we saw how that turned out. I won’t be convinced until we hear James Gunn himself confirm that Gal will be Wonder Woman again.
    To be fair, the situation with Cavill was unique. The studio didn't want him back at all; it was The Rock who pushed for it. He practically bullied the studio into letting him get Cavill back for that post credits scene, because he desperately wanted to have Black Adam fight Superman in a sequel to his movie. And when Cavill made his announcement, it was a tentative agreement and nothing had been signed I don't think.

Then the studio reorganized, Gunn was made the new head of DC movies, and he wanted to bring his own vision to the screen and not be tied down with the remnants of Snyder's. It was just lousy timing.

Astonishing Member

I rather DCU start fresh and find a new WW. I enjoyed Gal Godot's WW but everything is supposed to be a youth movement so if Henry who is 2 years older is gone, so should Godot be gone. Just change it all.

Mighty Member

Peter Dinklage as dr psycho

Cameo by Harley

Cavill must be a huge dick or something if everyone but him gets a wrap up movie.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Cavill must be a huge dick or something if everyone but him gets a wrap up movie.
    I thought the same thing lol. I was like seriously what do we not know? Does he randomly pimp slap people? Usually that type of stuff leaks. Difficult to work with people. Does he smell?

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

I mean are you rebooting things or not? All you do by having Gadot is keep the Snyderverse cult trolls talking. Not that they ever shut up as it is.

You want a younger Supes, you presumably will have a younger Bats for your Brave/Bold movie and yet you wanna keep Gadot, who isn't super old, but she aint no spring chicken related to being attached to a franchise type of movie that takes a few years to get done and released and then they can't even talk about anything really until the strike is done which is pushing stuff out. There is no WW in Gunn's phase 1...chapter 1, whatever 1....so its even more years tacked on to when she would actually get her movie...so...why?

If you want a clean break/reboot then make it a clean fn break.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Here's a thought... Just because she's producing doesn't preclude she's staring in it.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I guess I'm curious to see what comes of this but I'm not sure what they're doing at this point.

Giving Gadot her final film so she can complete her trilogy?

Setting up Wonder Woman for Gunn's DCU?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess I'm curious to see what comes of this but I'm not sure what they're doing at this point.

Giving Gadot her final film so she can complete her trilogy?

Setting up Wonder Woman for Gunn's DCU?
    Maybe Setting up Donna Troy and a swan song for Gal...

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Maybe Setting up Donna Troy and a swan song for Gal...
    I'd love to see Donna .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd love to see Donna .
    Personally, I'd like to see Yara Flor.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Personally, I'd like to see Yara Flor.
    Well, Yara would probably be the popular modern choice but I feel like Donna still deserves something.