View Poll Results: How Do You Feel About Gal Coming Back?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • I’m Excited About it! This is the Right Decision

18 43.90%
  • I’m Disappointed. I Wanted A New Actress!

17 41.46%
  • I’m Indifferent Towards This News.

6 14.63%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Things change fast in the movie making world. What seemed like a good idea 2 years ago may not seem like a good idea 1 year later.

Maybe a few years ago, it seemed like a good idea to just replace Superman and Batman and keep everyone else but now the pendulum has swung towards full reboot.

Even over at Marvel, they had to get Iron Man right first. They released TIH the same year but it under performed. Then they took their time to make the rest of the movies.

Gunn has to make sure Superman: Legacy works. As long as Legacy works they can build the rest of the universe on that foundation. If he messes up the foundation, then forget building any cinematic universe.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I don't know how they can possibly see the box offices for Shazam 2, Flash, and the projections for Blue Beetle and think this is a good idea.

On the other hand, if this is true, it'll be nice to see Wonder Woman get a full-fledged trilogy like her male counterparts.
    To be fair, Wonder Woman is in a better position than Green Lantern and Flash, at least Wonder Woman had one good, successful movie. Batman is going to get a million films and Superman will get a reboot soon, but even if I think Wonder Woman will go on hiatus in the movies, she will get another shot before Green Lantern or Flash.

Gunn is the wrong person to be heading a studio. His misleading comments continue to hurt the DCU which is struggling to escape the pall left by the DCEU. I agree with Grace Randolph that Gunn told her what Gadot quotes him as telling her. There is no reason for her to make that up. Randolph sees this as a play to force Gunn to follow through on his promise to her or embarrass him if he doesn't. Gunn is hurting the reputation of DC Studios and maybe the point will come when Zaslav has to remove him from that position. One can hope.

So, whom do you believe?

Gadot vs Gunn
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 08-13-2023 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    This whole story is so full of contradictions, twists & turns. I am not sure who to believe, but at this point, I concur with Guy_McNichts: I don't even think we are getting Paradise Lost. Say whatever you want, a full DCU reboot should be anchored by solo films from each Trinity member. I have no problem with Gunn's penchant for quirky characters and oddballs, but give us the Trinity as well. DC keeps paying lip service to the Trinity, yet here we are: a Superman film announced, a Batman film announced, and a...Themyscira prequel TV show without Wonder Woman announced. WTF is this BS.
    Only thing we are getting is Parqdise Lost and Historia sales getting a boost.

https://x.com/discussingfilm/status/...487sLx_4UoiJsQ

83B29B6F-0257-4854-90B0-C5118EE495DF.jpg

Variety says none of the main JL actors that Snyder casted are returning. New Wonder Woman incoming.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I feel its a little optimistic to assume a new Wonder Womans incoming when we have a movie slate bereft of Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    https://x.com/discussingfilm/status/...487sLx_4UoiJsQ

83B29B6F-0257-4854-90B0-C5118EE495DF.jpg

Variety says none of the main JL actors that Snyder casted are returning. New Wonder Woman incoming.
    Guess the question is how long before we see her.

Astonishing Member

I wonder if we'll get mentions of other characters such as Wonder Woman long before we actually see them. I think they do need a few years as a palate cleanser before introducing a new version. That said, I don't have much enthusiasm for Gunn's cineverse, not that I was crazy about Snyder's -- cause I wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I wonder if we'll get mentions of other characters such as Wonder Woman long before we actually see them. I think they do need a few years as a palate cleanser before introducing a new version.
    Why would we need a few (more?) years as a palate cleanser for a new WW if we are getting a Superman film in 2025, and a Batman one possibly in 2026. And how many years? They should have announced solo films for the three pillars of DC Comics. I still don't get why Wonder Woman, the company's biggest female character, did not get a new solo film announced, but Supergirl did...

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Why would we need a few (more?) years as a palate cleanser for a new WW if we are getting a Superman film in 2025, and a Batman one possibly in 2026. And how many years? They should have announced solo films for the three pillars of DC Comics. I still don't get why Wonder Woman, the company's biggest female character, did not get a new solo film announced, but Supergirl did...
    People think we need 10 years in between WW versions but somewhow its ok to have multiple Superman and Batman actors at any given time.

Eh. I'm gonna say take it with a grain of salt.

Melissa Barrera is the popular fancast for Diana and I can definitely see it

https://twitter.com/SidVintage/statu...000945704?s=20
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!