View Poll Results: How Do You Feel About Gal Coming Back?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • I’m Excited About it! This is the Right Decision

18 43.90%
  • I’m Disappointed. I Wanted A New Actress!

17 41.46%
  • I’m Indifferent Towards This News.

6 14.63%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Gal Gadot Confirms She’s Returning For Wonder Woman 3

"I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

In the video Gadot distinctly says that she, alongside Gunn and Safran, will be "developing Wonder Woman 3 together." That could mean that she is starring in the film as well, or just developing it in a producer capacity. I would be SO INCREDIBLY HAPPY is she returned to star in a WW film as Diana, but I am not gonna get my hopes high until I hear a confirmation from Gunn or from WBD.

I don't care since it might never get made.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Reboot seems better with Gal or without Gal as WW They need to fix Amazons and Greek Gods and tell her being proper public hero. Also do Ares and Cheetah properly

I have a feeling that Gunn was merely playing it coy with her like he did with Levi. Doubt this is actually going to happen but I suppose we will have to wait and see. After The Flash flopped as bad as it did, I expect a full reboot.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Mixed feelings if true.

First and foremost...I'll believe it when I see it. After what happened with the Batgirl movie, I don't think we should trust to see anything until it's in the theater or on TV.

I think what concerns me is, although I did want to see Gal wrap up a Wonder Woman trilogy, where is this supposed to land in regard to the rest of Gunn's plans? Is this a wrap-up of Gal's Wonder Woman, or is it going to be a bridge movie that integrates her into the rest of Gunn's DCU?

But that also ties into what Gunn's DCU is even going to be. It's a reboot, except not? It's a semi-reboot? Some things will carry over, but other things are starting from scratch?
    Jesus, this really is on-brand for DC.

And, though I did like Gal as Diana, I feel like she's a point where she should be closing up shop, so to speak, so a new actress can be Wonder Woman going forward.
    Or will this movie be about Diana passing the torch, and the Wonder Woman of Gunn's DCU will be Nubia or Yara or (shudder) Lizzie?

I'm also reluctant to trust Gunn's take on Wonder Woman at all. He has his strengths and preferences as a creator, but I don't see Diana falling into his wheelhouse. Besides, we've all seen time and again DC's golden boys--from Waid to Johns to Taylor to Williamson and so many more--tend to s**t the bed when it comes to all things Amazon.

I would welcome a third Wonder Woman that is just a Wonder Woman movie that caps off the trilogy and gives Gal's Diana a nice send-off. But I don't trust Gunn, and I fear it...assuming it even gets made...is going to be shared universe BS instead.

While I'm not a huge fan of the actress, it is only right that Diana gets to finish off her trilogy before passing on the torch. I hope Patty comes back to direct and she can join the circle of superhero directors who has completed a trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Mixed feelings if true.

First and foremost...I'll believe it when I see it. After what happened with the Batgirl movie, I don't think we should trust to see anything until it's in the theater or on TV.

I think what concerns me is, although I did want to see Gal wrap up a Wonder Woman trilogy, where is this supposed to land in regard to the rest of Gunn's plans? Is this a wrap-up of Gal's Wonder Woman, or is it going to be a bridge movie that integrates her into the rest of Gunn's DCU?

But that also ties into what Gunn's DCU is even going to be. It's a reboot, except not? It's a semi-reboot? Some things will carry over, but other things are starting from scratch?
    Jesus, this really is on-brand for DC.
    You're overthinking it. Gunn has already said that there will be Elseworlds movies in addition to what he is doing. This is the banner under which Matt Reeve's Batman movies and the Todd Phillips Joker movie and it's sequels fall under. If Gal is getting a third WW movie then it will likely fall under the Elseworlds banner.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post

I would welcome a third Wonder Woman that is just a Wonder Woman movie that caps off the trilogy and gives Gal's Diana a nice send-off. But I don't trust Gunn, and I fear it...assuming it even gets made...is going to be shared universe BS instead.
    Maybe they will make a Wonder Woman 3 with Circe after all, and Gadot's Diana dies in the end but her soul is reborn (in a mid-credit scene) in the well of souls, hence explaining the next Diana, played by a different actress. Or maybe Gadot will play a villain or maybe she will play Diana Trevor in a brief flashback scene that tells the story of Steve's heroic mother...

I don't know how they can possibly see the box offices for Shazam 2, Flash, and the projections for Blue Beetle and think this is a good idea.

On the other hand, if this is true, it'll be nice to see Wonder Woman get a full-fledged trilogy like her male counterparts.

If it really is supposed to be WW3 then what was the point of booting off Jenkins?

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I don't know how they can possibly see the box offices for Shazam 2, Flash, and the projections for Blue Beetle and think this is a good idea.

On the other hand, if this is true, it'll be nice to see Wonder Woman get a full-fledged trilogy like her male counterparts.
    Besides Batman and all the iterations that he has gone through, which solo DC superhero has gotten a full-fledged trilogy? Unless your counting the Christopher Reeve movies, no one in DC besides Batman can claim that!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    If it really is supposed to be WW3 then what was the point of booting off Jenkins?
    Didn’t you see WW84? I think that pretty much answers your question.

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Didn’t you see WW84? I think that pretty much answers your question.
    This reasoning is too uncharacteristically logical for a company that approved The Flash

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    This reasoning is too uncharacteristically logical for a company that approved The Flash
    To be fair, that was a different regime. Most of those people are gone. Different people in charge now.

- Charles Schultz.

Grace Randolph just talked about this, and she claims that her sources confirmed that Gal was not lying, and that Gunn & Safran have indeed talked with the actress about the studio possibly developing a new Wonder Woman film alongside her. However, her sources also claim that there is no deal signed yet. Take that as you will.