View Poll Results: How Do You Feel About Gal Coming Back?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • I’m Excited About it! This is the Right Decision

18 43.90%
  • I’m Disappointed. I Wanted A New Actress!

17 41.46%
  • I’m Indifferent Towards This News.

6 14.63%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I have a feeling that Gunn was merely playing it coy with her like he did with Levi. Doubt this is actually going to happen but I suppose we will have to wait and see. After The Flash flopped as bad as it did, I expect a full reboot.
    Agreed, and I'm pretty sure the only thing Gunn has said about her was "we've talked about maybe doing stuff and she's down." Just like he said they "talked about doing stuff" with Ben Affleck (only for Affleck to come out and say he wasn't involved).

And on Gal's side, we already the infamous Henry Cavill walk-back, plus we had The Rock insisting that he was gonna be part of the new DCU with his JSA (and his team even leaked stuff about a Hawkman spin-off to the trades). I'm not taking anything as gospel until Gunn confirms it, and I'm not sure how much he's even at liberty to say during the strikes. Never a dull day as a DC fan...

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Grace Randolph just talked about this, and she claims that her sources confirmed that Gal was not lying, and that Gunn & Safran have indeed talked with the actress about the studio possibly developing a new Wonder Woman film alongside her. However, her sources also claim that there is no deal signed yet. Take that as you will.
    Grace Randolph is notoriously unreliable, but "they talked about possibly developing it and there's no deal signed" sounds like the farthest possible thing from confirmation. They probably talked about it as a gesture of good will after axing Patty Jenkins.

Count me in as skeptical.

Incredible Member

I won't get my hopes up, but I hope this is true. My thoughts are that Gunn wants to complete Gadot's trilogy. I also think there are several other fringe benefits if that is true:

1. It gives him more time to cast his Wonder Woman.
    2. It responds to criticism that Wonder Woman isn't showing up on film anytime soon.
    3. Depending on the release, there are several Wonder Woman projects that can invigorate the brand. A Wonder Woman video game, followed by Wonder Woman 3, and then The Amazons: Paradise Lost (I like that name more) on Max to officially reboot that corner of the DCU. That seems like a lot of branding and merchandising opportunies from 2025-2027. (Video game 2025, Wonder Woman III 2026, The Amazons 2027, and then a reboot Wonder Woman in 2028 or 2029)

This is also the second time Gadot has mentioned this. Gadot mentioned in a previous interview during the Heart of Stone promotion that things were happening behind the scenes.

Obviously, I don't know, but I would love one final Gadot Wonder Woman so her trilogy can end on a high note.

As always, time will tell.

No thanks, we can do better.

I thought cast and crew weren't meant to be promoting stuff right now? SAG-AFTRA Strike? So this must be old news, right?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I thought cast and crew weren't meant to be promoting stuff right now? SAG-AFTRA Strike? So this must be old news, right?
    The interview was filmed in June; it's just been released to the public today.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The video that this news is sourced from was taken in June 2023 before the SAG-AFTRA Strike.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 08-02-2023 at 07:20 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    The video that is this news is sourced from was taken in June 2023 before the SAG-AFTRA Strike.
    what's coming out now... is getting weird.....it's not clear what will happen now... things are... strange.

But DC is pretty much guaranteed to use Hollywood though... not an alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    what's coming out now... is getting weird.....it's not clear what will happen now... things are... strange.

But DC is pretty much guaranteed to use Hollywood though... not an alternative.
    Entertainment news sites need something to draw up attention/clicks.

I wonder if it's the usual WB strategy of throwing things at the wall to see what sticks. They'll make WW3 with Gadot and keep her for the Gunnverse if it's successful. If it's a bomb they'll recast and reboot.

I can totally see a Wonder Woman 3 scenario in which Gadot's Diana dies in the end (after saving the world from Circe *fingers crossed*) leading to a mid credit scene that shows her soul being somehow reborn through some Well of Souls shenanigans into the body of the eventual new actress who will play the DCU Diana. Or not. Cautiously optimistic, but also not believing this "news" until Gunn and/or WBD confirms it.

I think it's totally believable that they're hesitant to recast her. Superman and Batman have been played by a bunch of different actors over the decades, but Wonder Woman only had two and they both defined the character for their respective generations. In that sense, she's closer in the public consciousness to Hugh Hackman as Wolverine. And he also had a critical and commercial flop with that first Wolverine movie, but Fox stuck by him because he was so beloved in the role.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Grace Randolph just talked about this, and she claims that her sources confirmed that Gal was not lying, and that Gunn & Safran have indeed talked with the actress about the studio possibly developing a new Wonder Woman film alongside her. However, her sources also claim that there is no deal signed yet. Take that as you will.
    If that's the case, then it looks like another Cavill situation. He also announced his return without signing the contract, was absolutely sure he would get MoS 2, and then reboot was announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I think it's totally believable that they're hesitant to recast her. Superman and Batman have been played by a bunch of different actors over the decades, but Wonder Woman only had two and they both defined the character for their respective generations. In that sense, she's closer in the public consciousness to Hugh Hackman as Wolverine. And he also had a critical and commercial flop with that first Wolverine movie, but Fox stuck by him because he was so beloved in the role.
    Gadot is nowhere near as beloved in the role. Her acting has been criticized, her delivery of KAL-EL NO was memed to death. Outside of the first WW her tenure with the character can hardly be described as a success. WW1984 was a disappointment, JL was a flop, ZSJL was an underperformer, Shazam 2 flopped, and The Flash flopped. If they’re seriously going to end Momoa’s tenure as Aquaman and recast him as Lobo it makes no sense to keep Gadot as WW. If you were to recast her at this point the general public would not mind at all.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Gadot is nowhere near as beloved in the role. Her acting has been criticized, her delivery of KAL-EL NO was memed to death. Outside of the first WW her tenure with the character can hardly be described as a success. WW1984 was a disappointment, JL was a flop, ZSJL was an underperformer, Shazam 2 flopped, and The Flash flopped. If they’re seriously going to end Momoa’s tenure as Aquaman and recast him as Lobo it makes no sense to keep Gadot as WW. If you were to recast her at this point the general public would not mind at all.
    She's not as beloved as Jackman, but she's the definitive Wonder Woman for a lot of people. The general public wouldn't mind if they recast her right which is not an easy task.