View Poll Results: How Do You Feel About Gal Coming Back?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • I’m Excited About it! This is the Right Decision

18 43.90%
  • I’m Disappointed. I Wanted A New Actress!

17 41.46%
  • I’m Indifferent Towards This News.

6 14.63%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    You can't finish typing Patty Jenkins' name on these boards before someone crawls out of the woodwork to tell us how awful WW84 was. I'm convinced those are Snyder fans--desperate to shift the DCEU's failure onto someone other than Snyder. It's probably the same contingent that doesn't want to see Gal come back. Her return would just underscore the goodwill that still surrounds Jenkins' work, while Snyder's fans seethe.
    Of course it's the SnyderStans who are the most vocal detractors of the idea of Jenkins coming back. Right as we write this, "WonderWoman3" on Twitter is trending due the Flaunt interview with Gal, and literally 9 out 10 people
    asking for Patty's head on a platter have "RestoreTheSnyderVerse" on their Twitter profile. The cognitive dissonance is astounding: they want Jenkins to be banished from Hollywood due to one badly received film (and despite Jenkins having directed what is still the most beloved, most critically acclaimed DCEU film), but they still want Snyder to come back to the DCEU and the Snyderverse to be restored. They champion Snyder despite the critically lambasted helmer having directed three films which all got not just worse reviews and overall worse reception than WW84, but despite those 3 films being instrumental in starting the DCEU's descent into total audience apathy.

Like you said, Gal (and Momoa) returning to the DC cinematic landscape would underscore Snyder's directing failures even more, because none of the DCEU films he directed elicited the praise and audience fervor that the films directed by Jenkins and Wan did.

Gal with the right writer and right director is a fantastic Wonder Woman. Every movie she appeared in(I include Zack Snyder's Justice League instead of Josstice League) she was the definitive Wonder Woman.

WW84 was the first time people criticized Wonder Woman and even then most of it went towards Jenkins and letting go of the screenwriters etc from the first film that helped make it work and reel in a few things.

Since then Gal's only appeared in cameos which have become a meme. But her track record is solid in movies where she is great as Wonder Woman

Movies she was great as Wonder Woman:
    Batman V Superman
    Wonder Woman
    Zack Snyder's Justice League

Movies where she was critiqued as Wonder Woman:
    WW84

Nothing Cameos:
    Shazam 2
    The Flash

Even when she cameo in Shazam 2 she wasn't even a bad Wonder Woman, it just felt unnecessary that she be there.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Of course it's the SnyderStans who are the most vocal detractors of the idea of Jenkins coming back. Right as we write this, "WonderWoman3" on Twitter is trending due the Flaunt interview with Gal, and literally 9 out 10 people
    asking for Patty's head on a platter have "RestoreTheSnyderVerse" on their Twitter profile. The cognitive dissonance is astounding: they want Jenkins to be banished from Hollywood due to one badly received film (and despite Jenkins having directed what is still the most beloved, most critically acclaimed DCEU film), but they still want Snyder to come back to the DCEU and the Snyderverse to be restored.

These people don't even follow Snyder or what he does or who he works with. Patty Jenkins worked on Wonder Woman 1 with Snyder beside her. Patty Jenkins was one of the first directors to speak out against what Whedon did to Snyder's Justice League and said that any Wonder Woman movie she did would fit into the universe Snyder was building, and not whatever Whedon was doing, regardless of anything else.

So if "Snyder fans" are acting like Patty is an enemy, they haven't been paying attention, or they aren't really Snyder 'fans' and are trolls jumping on with no knowledge of what they're talking about.
    Last edited by Majesty; 08-10-2023 at 02:29 PM.

Maybe Gunn did tell her what she claims… but he might’ve just been lying. Or Gadot, like the Rock and Cavill before her, was leaping before looking. When Gunn made no confirmation on Twitter after her claim went viral I figured it was not a sure thing the way Gadot was claiming. A new WW will be cast for the DCU, especially after The Flash flopped like it did.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Buckle up people, things are going to get ugly.

Time to change the thread title I reckon lol
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

If Gadot really wants to push for this and Gunn doesn't, she isn't Cavill, the backslash is going to be bigger I reckon. Let's see how Gunn maneuvers around it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Time to change the thread title I reckon lol
    Aged like milk, didn’t it? lol.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    If Gadot really wants to push for this and Gunn doesn't, she isn't Cavill, the backslash is going to be bigger I reckon. Let's see how Gunn maneuvers around it.
    Pretty certain that the “source” for this Variety article is Gunn. This is how he’s shutting Gadot down, by letting the trades know it’s not happening. He’s just not coming out and saying it directly, either because the strikes mean he can’t, or because he doesn’t want to publicly be feuding with Gadot.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Pretty certain that the “source” for this Variety article is Gunn. This is how he’s shutting Gadot down, by letting the trades know it’s not happening. He’s just not coming out and saying it directly, either because the strikes mean he can’t, or because he doesn’t want to publicly be feuding with Gadot.
    Yeah but he'll eventually have to come out directly if she continues pushing, Rock/Cavill style. And unlike those two, she arguably has some clout And I say this as someone who isn't a fan of Gadot at all).

Incredible Member

Gunn hasn't even started filming his first film, and he's already mired in controversy and potential feuds. No matter who runs DC Studios / the DC Division for films, there is always drama.

I believe Gadot. I think Gunn is just keeping with the DC leadership tradition of being a terrible leader.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    Gunn hasn't even started filming his first film, and he's already mired in controversy and potential feuds. No matter who runs DC Studios / the DC Division for films, there is always drama.

I believe Gadot. I think Gunn is just keeping with the DC leadership tradition of being a terrible leader.
    Gunn being shown as a liar to both talent and fans is not a good start.

Remember when Grace Randolph said that George Clooney was going to be the Batman in the Flash and Gunn said that Grace was full of it?

Then the Flash came out and what happened...

It's not even the first time that what he's said didn't correspond with what has happened. So that's not a good look in general.

This is soooo messy and funny. And I have no doubt that Gunn and Safran are the ones who leaked it to Variety.

A little disappointing that Paradise Lost is the only WW project they currently have planned for the DCU but eh, that doesn't necessarily preclude an animated series and I'd take a great, innovative AAA video game over yet another shared universe superhero movie any day of the week.

Yeah, there may have been a kernel of truth what Gal was saying (as I said earlier, wouldn't be surprised if after WW3's cancelation they chatted and just told her what she wanted to hear) but there was no way she was coming back, especially after Shazam 2 and The Flash. Honestly the messiness of this entire situation definitely reinforces my belief that this reboot is kinda DOA.

Ultimate Member

He did not start that mess. That is mess from the previous era and really a certain segment of fans that will be a pain no matter who was in charge.