View Poll Results: How Do You Feel About Gal Coming Back?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • I’m Excited About it! This is the Right Decision

18 43.90%
  • I’m Disappointed. I Wanted A New Actress!

17 41.46%
  • I’m Indifferent Towards This News.

6 14.63%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

This is what worries me. Forget about WW3...

According to the sources, a third “Wonder Woman” film is not in development at DC Studios nor do Gunn and Safran have plans at this time for any “Wonder Woman” project in the new DC Universe other than their previously announced “Paradise Lost” prequel series for Max.
    No Plans for a WW project in the new DCU. That is some bs right there. And don't give me "but Paradise Lose!"

nope. Is it starring Diana? If not, keep moving.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    He did not start that mess. That is mess from the previous era and really a certain segment of fans that will be a pain no matter who was in charge.
    He may not have started it, but his actions are keeping it going. We can't blame Snyder fans on Gunn choosing to lie or mislead talent. If I were an established actor, I would stay far away from DC Studios. This should be embarrassing for Gunn.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    This is what worries me. Forget about WW3...

No Plans for a WW project in the new DCU. That is some bs right there. And don't give me "but Paradise Lose!"

nope. Is it starring Diana? If not, keep moving.
    I completely agree. If we're not getting Wonder Woman 3 or any theatrical Wonder Woman anytime soon, then I can gleefully step off the DCU train. Gunn was a terrible person for Zaslav to choose. He is not an executive, he obviously wants the glory that Feige once claimed, his plan in no way is exciting.

I'm also pissed that Gadot's Wonder Woman is so popular that she must be forgotten by the public while we are about to get two Batman theatrical films and MAX spinoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    He did not start that mess. That is mess from the previous era and really a certain segment of fans that will be a pain no matter who was in charge.
    It's an easy solution.

Henry Cavill returns as Superman, announces it on social media and Gunn has taken over.

What Gunn should have done: "I support whatever project he's in. It won't be connected to my DCEU but Elseworld stories can take place and I won't begrudge them. We have Joker, The Batman, etc. So I say go for it.

Boom, you established Cavil's return, but that also it won't be connected to the DCEU but will be Elseworld canon, like The Batman, Joker, any of Snyder's films, etc.

That way when you have movies like Shazam, or The Flash, or Man of Steel 2 or even any follow ups to Black Adam. There's still hype around them as Elseworld stories, as opposed to being meaningless with an unknown future.

That has been the biggest rocky start they've had

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Gunn being shown as a liar to both talent and fans is not a good start.

Remember when Grace Randolph said that George Clooney was going to be the Batman in the Flash and Gunn said that Grace was full of it?

Then the Flash came out and what happened...

It's not even the first time that what he's said didn't correspond with what has happened. So that's not a good look in general.
    Uh he was right and she was wrong? She claimed that Cooney would be the Batman of the DCU, not just that he’d be in the Flash. She also claimed Bane was in Peacemaker and was wrong. Clooney is not the DCU Batman, I dunno how you came away thinking Randolph wasn’t full of shit.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Hell, I doubt we're even going to get Paradise Lost.

I think it's going to be a long, long time before we see Wonder Woman in live action again. And even then, it'll probably won't be a solo movie but some crappy Justice League.

It's an easy solution.

Henry Cavill returns as Superman, announces it on social media and Gunn has taken over.

What Gunn should have done: "I support whatever project he's in. It won't be connected to my DCEU but Elseworld stories can take place and I won't begrudge them. We have Joker, The Batman, etc. So I say go for it.

Boom, you established Cavil's return, but that also it won't be connected to the DCEU but will be Elseworld canon, like The Batman, Joker, any of Snyder's films, etc.

That way when you have movies like Shazam, or The Flash, or Man of Steel 2 or even any follow ups to Black Adam. There's still hype around them as Elseworld stories, as opposed to being meaningless with an unknown future.

That has been the biggest rocky start they've had
    That’s an awful plan. Gunn was already hired to write a Superman reboot before they brought Cavill back. Cavill being brought back was a last ditch play by the Rock to boost Black Adam’s numbers. Cavill is not popular as Superman. If the last couple of movies have proven anything is that the DCEU is dead weight. No one is showing up for Cavill Superman movie when all his previous Superman appearances were poorly received. Even his “triumphant return” was in a flop. There’s no good reason to have multiple Supermen running around making a mess of things. Only reason Reeves Batman gets to continue is because it already came out and was a success, Cavill doesn’t have that going for him. MoS2 would have just been burning more money.

If anything how they handled Cavill is how they should’ve handled Gadot. They brought him in, told him MoS2 wasn’t happening, and he publicly acknowledged that his time was over. Either they lied to Gadot or they didn’t drill it in hard enough to her that her time was over, probably because they were hoping that keeping things ambiguous would improve the remaining DCEU movies performance. Obviously in hindsight they should’ve just been forthright but what’s done is done.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

For me, my issue with Gunn - among many - is why call Gadot in to give her a confusing message. Gadot specifically said they called her in. Then it should have been either we are moving forward or we are not. Gunn is choosing to make this more complicated than it needs to be.

Wonder Woman on Hot Ones

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Hell, I doubt we're even going to get Paradise Lost.

I think it's going to be a long, long time before we see Wonder Woman in live action again. And even then, it'll probably won't be a solo movie but some crappy Justice League.
    Justice League was such a disaster for WB, I doubt we'll be getting another one any time soon. And since it's Gunn, I wouldn't be surprised if he goes with a more quirky lineup (like JLI).

Eventually James Gunn will have to stop lying... to both the talent and to the fans. (Part 1/2)

Last edited by Majesty; 08-10-2023 at 10:35 PM.

Part 2/2

Last edited by Majesty; 08-10-2023 at 10:40 PM.

This whole story is so full of contradictions, twists & turns. I am not sure who to believe, but at this point, I concur with Guy_McNichts: I don't even think we are getting Paradise Lost. Say whatever you want, a full DCU reboot should be anchored by solo films from each Trinity member. I have no problem with Gunn's penchant for quirky characters and oddballs, but give us the Trinity as well. DC keeps paying lip service to the Trinity, yet here we are: a Superman film announced, a Batman film announced, and a...Themyscira prequel TV show without Wonder Woman announced. WTF is this BS.

Mighty Member

Every movie she appeared in(I include Zack Snyder's Justice League instead of Josstice League) she was the definitive Wonder Woman.

Movies she was great as Wonder Woman:
    Zack Snyder's Justice League

Wonder Woman was very far from great in Zac Snyder's Justice League, and we're absolutely screwed if anyone at DC ever thinks that was a definitive Wonder Woman, well DC has of course already tried their best to ruin the character before multiple times typically out of sexism or sheer incompetence, but the fewer times that happens the better.
    Last edited by Rightoya; 08-11-2023 at 04:38 PM.

LOL The Snyder Standom claiming that Snyder's unrecognizable elseworlds versions of the Trinity is somehow "definitive" never fails to amuse me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post

Wonder Woman was very far from great in Zac Snyder's Justice League, and we're absolutely screwed if anyone at DC ever thinks that was a definitive Wonder Woman, well DC has of course already tried their best to ruin the character before multiple times typically out of sexism or sheer incompetence, but the fewer times that happens the better.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    LOL The Snyder Standom claiming that Snyder's unrecognizable elseworlds versions of the Trinity is somehow "definitive" never fails to amuse me.
    You do know they mentioned other movies, right?