Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    I'd also add some of the Legion of Substitute Heroes (Chlorophyll Kid, Color Kid, Night Girl, Porcupine Pete).
    Chlorophyll Kid inspired a line in a Michael Ondaatje poem ("Notes for the Legend of Salad Woman") which should earn him immortality. And, in LEGION OF SUBSTITUTE HEROES SPECIAL 1 (1985), Porcupine Pete's origin was connected with that time Jimmy Olsen became the "Human Porcupine"--Jimmy got that way thanks to Miss Gzptlsnz from the 5th Dimension and Pete seems to have been transformed under similar circumstances. That Subs comic also had Color Kid become Color Queen. Night Girl could probably qualify for membership in the Legion if she teamed up with Shadow Lass.

The Doom Patrol is always my number 1 choice but they have a tv show about to finish it’s 4th season, so they may be off the lesser known list.

Etrigan
    Mister Miracle
    Barda
    The Creeper
    The Question
    Vixen
    Frankenstein
    OMAC
    Amazing Man
    Booster Gold
    Last edited by Robotman; 08-03-2023 at 09:29 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    The Doom Patrol is always my number 1 choice but they have a tv show about to finish it’s 4th season, so they may be off the lesser known list.

Etrigan
    Mister Miracle
    Barda
    The Creeper
    The Question
    Vixen
    Frankenstein
    OMAC
    Amazing Man
    Booster Gold
    Ooh, Big Barda and Etrigan, also great choices! (Plus others I already mentioned loving upthread, Booster Gold, Vixen and Amazing Man.)

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    How’s about the Manhunters?

There’s Dan Richards, Paul Kirk, Kate Spencer, and every retcon-happy writer’s favorite victim, Mark Shaw.

(Seriously, the sheer number of people who love retconning and repackaging Mark Shaw as whatever new villain they want is crazy.)
    I don't remember which one it was, but the one from Power Company was pretty cool. (A clone of someone, IIRC?) But Kate Spencer was also neat. I wouldn't mind seeing a ManhunterS team up mini with the two of them working together (since they seem like they very much would NOT get along, which sounds like fun drama).

Animal Man, allways

Mighty Member

^
    What Garrac said

Definitely, my next choice would be...

Tommy Monaghan

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    How’s about the Manhunters?

There’s Dan Richards, Paul Kirk, Kate Spencer, and every retcon-happy writer’s favorite victim, Mark Shaw.

(Seriously, the sheer number of people who love retconning and repackaging Mark Shaw as whatever new villain they want is crazy.)
    I concur. But, don't forget about Ramsey Spencer/Ramsey Robinson

Last edited by K7P5V; 08-08-2023 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Jack Knight. I think Starman is the best comic 99% of even comic readers have never looked at.
    Damn, am I that old? I talent when Starman was THE book everyone talked about. When did that change?
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Hunh, I was hoping for some obscure characters.... mostly B and C-listers here.
    This woman: Marie Leeds Thirteen. Wife of Dr. Terrence (the Ghostbreaker) Thirteen.

She's so obscure that DC forgot she existed. The Thirteens are my all-time favorite DC couple, and I'm extremely annoyed that DC married Terry off to a dead woman who didn't even look like Marie.

I refuse to accept Traci Thirteen's father as the man called the Ghostbreaker. A relative, okay, but not the same man.
    Last edited by Anodyne; 08-11-2023 at 01:22 PM.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

3 Bloodlines Characters:
    Argus
    Loose Cannon
    Razorsharp
    Now, they’re obscure.

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    This woman: Marie Leeds Thirteen. Wife of Dr. Terrence (the Ghostbreaker) Thirteen.

She's so obscure that DC forgot she existed. The Thirteens are my all-time favorite DC couple, and I'm extremely annoyed that DC married Terry off to a dead woman who didn't even look like Marie.

I refuse to accept Traci Thirteen's father as the man called the Ghostbreaker. A relative, okay, but not the same man.
    hmmm looks like most of her appearances were before 1981, but had ONE in 1998. The wiki calls her a "New Earth" character, but... that doesn't make sense when it lists appearances in the 50s.

but post New-52 she apparently no longer exists.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Andrew Bennet “I Vampire” and Resurrection Man. The New 52 books and the original series are all good!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaine322 View Post
    Argus
    Always loved Argus. Thought he had so much potential. However, he was dead in limbo the minute DC decided to name its organization in charge of super-heroes A.R.G.U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Damn, am I that old? I talent when Starman was THE book everyone talked about. When did that change?
    Damn, I feel old now.

Peace

Incredible Member

Matter-Eater Lad. Always Matter-Eater Lad. (with a dash of Polar Boy thrown in).

In the 21st century, Blue Devil. But, the old stuntman-stuck-in-his-costume-attracting-weirdness version of Dan Cassidy. Not really digging the actual-demon version.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    Matter-Eater Lad. Always Matter-Eater Lad. (with a dash of Polar Boy thrown in).

In the 21st century, Blue Devil. But, the old stuntman-stuck-in-his-costume-attracting-weirdness version of Dan Cassidy. Not really digging the actual-demon version.
    Kid Devil/Red Devil as an actual demon, I like, but Blue Devil, I definitely prefer the costume-wearing stuntman version! Such a neat twist on a gadgeteer character, it was a shame to lose him.