Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Is almost like Duggan really wanted to keep writing Emma and Kate story instead of wasting his time with Cyclops for 2 years. Hopefully he will be free from the characters he have no interest in writing in the near future.

Anyway, I'm happy he is back to telling the story he wants to tell.

I thought this was arguably Duggan's strongest issue so far, other than the Cyclops subplot which I'm not feeling. It's just cruel.

So Scott is going to be tortured until the issue he's in the cover? Firestar for the rescue maybe? Difficult to see what he wants to do with Scott, except make him suffer. Synch makes a good leader, his evolution is logical and well deserved.

So we have Rasputin, Emma, ​​Kate, Kamala, Synch and Talon + Scott in the x men book for now. Year 3 has the potential to be much better than Year 2, which was just a succession of average crossover, pointless drama, and set-up for Fall of X.
    Last edited by CapCyke; 08-02-2023 at 08:41 AM.

Haven't read the issue yet but how is Orchis dropping mutants on Arakko? Shouldn't the Arakkii get a say in that or are they too occupied with Genesis War to care?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Haven't read the issue yet but how is Orchis dropping mutants on Arakko? Shouldn't the Arakkii get a say in that or are they too occupied with Genesis War to care?
    They are getting a say by killing them off.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    They already told us where the Mutants Went.
    Some went to Planet Arakko. Some Went to Orchis Prisons. And some where scattered all over the Universe.
    I actually thought that the mutants they sent to Arrakko and that are in prisons are the ones Orchis has rounded up since the end of the Gala. We know that they’ve been actively hunting mutants and are probably less likely to flat out kill them since they need government approval to operate freely.

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    Indeed. They're just being dropped off in the middle of a raging war zone as we saw with Woofer. It's a disaster.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    Woof. Once this Fall of X business is over this can cause further problems in Krakoa-Arakko relations on top of Xavier and Storm's strained relationship.

Overall, I enjoyed this issue. Best one of the whole run IMO. I think it is going to be interesting seeing the X-Men cut off from or unable to rely on their greatest leaders(Xavier, Cyclops, Storm, and Jean). Kate was amazing this issue and I much prefer this ninja identity crisis over her pirate one, ha ha. I'm looking forward to her interactions with Ms. Marvel during Fall of X. I liked Synch stepping up too. I hope Shadowkat and Synch end up linking with the Dark X-Men later on(especially Gambit of course )

Only thing I didn't like was the scene with Ms. Marvel and Frost. Frost removing her parents' memories was messed up and not sweet at all to me. That is the exact kind of thing the fans and people in-universe give Xavier hell over, but I guess it is okay with everyone here because it was Frost doing it(sorry I just find it annoying and hypocritical when every telepath but Xavier is given a pass for this kind of stuff). This was not even self defense or for the greater good. This was just taking away part of their life and their memories without permission just because she could and because it made Kamala's situation more convenient. I thought it was messed up and wrong the first time this happened to her parents, but at least Kamala didn't know it was going to happen and didn't ask for it. Here she just let it happen and even seemed to endorse it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Indeed. They're just being dropped off in the middle of a raging war zone as we saw with Woofer. It's a disaster.
    It really is, this is only going to get worse as this war continues. That doesn't even include Genesis ratcheting up the kill the weak sentimentality with her staff.

Mighty Member

This issue was great! Loved seeing Kate take this horrific event and adapt to it by falling back on the lessons her OTHER teacher taught her. It’s always mentioned she’s a trained assassin, but she never uses it to kill, so seeing her brutally kill that Orchis squad was amazing. When she grabbed those two grenades, I thought “please phase that into them” and she did. We legit watched Orchis be brutal. It’s time that mutants start fighting back and fighting hard, so this was a great development. Will she eventually take it too far? Probably. Maybe she is this team’s Wolverine more so than Talon could be. I’m here for this evolution of Kate… definitely beats when she was in X-men Gold.

Astonishing Member

Is it cynical of me to wonder if Jean isn’t going to remember the mission she gave Firestar and Angelica is going to end being killed off by Kate/others andpermanently treated as a traitor in-universe (at least until a spider-related project pulls rank)

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I actually thought that the mutants they sent to Arrakko and that are in prisons are the ones Orchis has rounded up since the end of the Gala. We know that they’ve been actively hunting mutants and are probably less likely to flat out kill them since they need government approval to operate freely.
    Well, given today's Issue that's what the Explanation we got. Mutants are scattered all over the Place in every corner. I thought Mother Righteous took all the Mutants and hid them. But, we know that's not true.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Woof. Once this Fall of X business is over this can cause further problems in Krakoa-Arakko relations on top of Xavier and Storm's strained relationship.
    Well, depending on how the New Krakoan Government is formed by the End of Fall of X. Let's HOPE this is not the Case.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

BANNED

I hope there's no new Krakoan, Utopia, or Genosha Government formed because nothing good came from any of them but isolation, in-fighting, and several highly infectious bouts of inflated privilege, and infallibility...

Then A.I.M., S.H.I.E.L.D., S.W.O.R.D., Alpha Flight, A.R.M.O.R., H.A.M.M.E.R., HYDRA formed Orchis and replied, Sho’ you right

Giant-Size X-Men: Thunderbird #1

Last edited by Micabe; 08-02-2023 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Pic(s) and Link(s) added.