Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This was not great.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    This was not great.
    New Mutants bias aside, Magneto was better.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Neither is it mine, and I admit I might be projecting puritanity on the word by myself XD
    About the drugs and and gay sex... I haven't read the issue so I'll have to wait to have an opinion.
    (Is the mini a surprise PSA about the growing issue of chem sex in the gay community ? That would be funny)

Right after that, Bobby makes out with the guy, then goes 'home' to Romeo.

Quote Originally Posted by Icefanatic View Post

Right after that, Bobby makes out with the guy, then goes 'home' to Romeo.
    Yeah it looks like Bobby was sarcastic but it doesn't read well.
    Also the guy went off the sex drugs, so I don't see an apology of chem sex.

(also, the "attention getter, primary target" line before the kiss makes me think he's really doing it to get attention. For some reason to be later disclosed I guess)

I have questions because i am very confused on where this is going exactly.

1) Wasn't he dating Emma Frots brother?
    2) When did they end that relationship to reinsert the guy who was around during that O5 disaster?
    3) If he is back with that guy, why is then kissing some rando in public and how does he even know that guy was also gay to begin with?
    4) Isn't his consciousness able to travel through moisture to another location and therefore reform in that location? If so, why did he even need help to reform? He has been subjected to worse attacks than nano napalm in the past.
    5) Is this really Iceman? Because the way they explain his return makes me think this is more like Romeo's idea of who Iceman is given form than the actual person we have read about so far.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I have questions because i am very confused on where this is going exactly.

1) Wasn't he dating Emma Frots brother?
    2) When did they end that relationship to reinsert the guy who was around during that O5 disaster?
    3) If he is back with that guy, why is then kissing some rando in public and how does he even know that guy was also gay to begin with?
    4) Isn't his consciousness able to travel through moisture to another location and therefore reform in that location? If so, why did he even need help to reform? He has been subjected to worse attacks than nano napalm in the past.
    5) Is this really Iceman? Because the way they explain his return makes me think this is more like Romeo's idea of who Iceman is given form than the actual person we have read about so far.
    1 and 2) Bobby and Christian Frost were in a casual dating relationship, but that ended a while back (shown in the ICEMAN arc of the Marvel's Voices Infinity Comic).

3) Bobby and Romeo are seeing each other again, but they are not necessarily in an exclusive relationship.

How Bobby new the random civilian was gay -- presumably he picked up on a vibe from him in their interaction; something in the way the guy looked at him; his tone of voice, etc.

4) No, he probably hasn't been subjected to worse attacks that the nano-napalm since that was specifically designed by a team of super-scientists to kill HIM. The Orchis scientists know way too much about how Bobby's powers works, what his limits might be, etc, and designed something to exceed his limits. That is why Romeo's help was needed for him to reform himself.

5) Yes, this is really Iceman.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I think I enjoyed this more than most people. Did it wow me? No. But I thought it was better than I expected. I am wondering if all this wanting attention and kissing that civilian can be due to any sort of trauma he may have because of what's happened. Or he has an open relationship with Romeo that's been suggested here. I liked the art in this. Bobby looked so cute all throughout it. I would also have liked to have seen more addressed between Astonishing and the Hellfire Gala as well.

Just found this !
    It's not his most imaginative work, but Young is always cute.