13 50.00%
  • No

9 34.62%
  • I am torn with forgiving Will

4 15.38%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Slap stopped aladdin 2 from getting made and will lost two other movies projects over it so it did hurt him for a bit.
    I don't deny it did suffer. Currently suffering?...far less clear.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Astonishing Member

Haven't really thought about it but since the question has been asked I do feel Will Smith has been vilified too much by the media and comedians. He made a huge mistake but I don't think he deserved to be mocked or belittled to the point where he should feel shame for the rest of his life.

Being a comedian is a tough job. Not going to make everyone happy but in some ways Rock was being a bully making fun of Jada although I thought it wasn't that bad. But everyone is different and what one person considers funny might offend another. Now his comedy special after the slap Rock was being a full blown bully taking shots at the Smith family, although I do consider them weird. But hey Will Smith is in the public so I guess he's fair game as well as his family to be mocked at without him feeling outrage.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Valentis View Post

Chris Rock has a history of going after black women that is now very controversial in the African American community. Mocking Meghan Markle because she dare shared some of the racism she experienced from the royal family that does have a history of Racism, Colonialism and been Establishment snobs to poor working class and middle class white people in Britain while also calling Jada the B word was tone deaf on Chris Rock's part.
    He actually called Will the B word multiple times to emphasize how others viewed the entanglement situation. He only call Jada that once. Quite honestly, I’m sure he is not alone in considering Jada a “B”.

Because she is.

Niffleheim

Has anyone else moved on from the Will Smith Oscar Slap....I have

I never gave it a second thought so there is no need to move on
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Astonishing Member

The thing I don't get with Chris Rock and Jada is it seems EXTREMELY personal on his part. Even the initial joke that got Will mad in the first place. Then he goes after he again in his routines.

Without explaining what exactly she did in the first place that made her such a worthy target imo. Why is she a bitch? What exactly did she do?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I don't get this thread.
    He didn't rape anyone.
    He didn't kill anyone.
    He didn't go on some verbal laced outrage.

Was it uncool. Yeah.

I moved on within the same week and laughed on the page upon page discussion that seemed to go on last year.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    The thing I don't get with Chris Rock and Jada is it seems EXTREMELY personal on his part. Even the initial joke that got Will mad in the first place. Then he goes after he again in his routines.

Without explaining what exactly she did in the first place that made her such a worthy target imo. Why is she a bitch? What exactly did she do?
    Jada has a well earned rep for being extremely difficult. Plus lets face it she made Will look like such a cuck on national TV by sharing all that bussiness about her fucking her son friends. She is not a good person. Plus Will would have never even went on stage in the first place is Jada hadn't side eyed him into doing it. You could tell he did not think it was that big a deal till she gave him the look and then he got up.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Jada has a well earned rep for being extremely difficult. Plus lets face it she made Will look like such a cuck on national TV by sharing all that bussiness about her fucking her son friends. She is not a good person. Plus Will would have never even went on stage in the first place is Jada hadn't side eyed him into doing it. You could tell he did not think it was that big a deal till she gave him the look and then he got up.
    That is HER and her husband's business? If Will was fine with it and participated in discussions, how is she a bitch? And that blaming her for perceived "looks". That is ridiculous. It reminds me of the hate pile on for Megan Markle too.

This idea of a grown ass man has no agency in his marriage and is controlled behind the scenes by the manipulative wife with weaponized "looks".

Niffleheim

That is HER and her husband's business? If Will was fine with it and participated in discussions, how is she a bitch? And that blaming her for perceived "looks". That is ridiculous. It reminds me of the hate pile on for Megan Markle too.

This idea of a grown ass man has no agency in his marriage and is controlled behind the scenes by the manipulative wife with weaponized "looks".
    I'm not going to waste time discussing it because you're right that it is their marriage BUT her being the b-word will NEVER be in dispute
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Valentis View Post
    Not everyone is a racist. Many people are and they love it when black people attack other black people because the black person doing the attacking gets to say all the racist things the white racist wants to say but can't in 2023.

A lot of African Americans know this trope. it is called Cooning.

Chris Rock has a history of going after black women that is now very controversial in the African American community. Mocking Meghan Markle because she dare shared some of the racism she experienced from the royal family that does have a history of Racism, Colonialism and been Establishment snobs to poor working class and middle class white people in Britain while also calling Jada the B word was tone deaf on Chris Rock's part.
    You're defending Meghan Markle? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    You're defending Meghan Markle? Really?
    I am not defending or defending her. I am against the undiluted hate she gets. Nobody knows what truly happened with her and the royals as none of us were there. She told her side of the story. There is nothing she has said to me that warrants the level of hatred for her.

What drives most people to hate her is because she is a biracial girl that said she experienced racism from the royals. As we don't know if she is telling the truth, she is not merited any hate, although I will say the easiest way to spot a racist in 2023 is to see how angry, vengeful and malicious they get when you tell them something as simple as ....racism exist. I have seen it or experienced it. Closest racists get so angry at you because you are indirectly talking about them and secretly attacking them.

The extreme Meghan hate is hypocritical though very opening. Everything Meghan has said about her been bi-racial or from a different side of the world is the reason USA fought to be A republic from the same British Monarchy but lo and behold the people who have a vengeful hate towards Meghan are the same republicans/conservatives, who once open a time use to be very Anti-Royal and Anti-Monarchy until a biracial woman said some of them were racist.

There is a video that she filmed and uploaded where she started asking him personal questions and he repeatedly tells her not to film him and don't use him for social media. She did anyway. The woman's got that man by the balls.

Invincible Member

Exactly this. People act as if Will wasn't getting side action as well and that Jada rolling her eyes was some sort of command. Will is responsible for his own actions.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    This just shows us what a big phony Will Smith is, not that Jada was somehow to blame.

Will and Jada's marriage is their business. But when she does tv shows, podcasts, and interviews where she goes into details about it and puts it out there for the world people cant play the

"Oh its their marriage we shouldnt be talking about it." Card.

If she asks people for privacy and not to talk about it then we would all be dicks for doing so. But it seems she is perfectly fine with putting out every embarrassing detail to the public then she and others get like "Why are you talking about it. its private.

It doesnt work that way.

And it really doesnt matter if Will "Gets some on the side" as well because he never put it out there. He has very much shied away from talking about his marriage. She is the one who puts it out there, she is the one who wants the details known then she and her defenders tell others to shut up and not talk about it because its private.

Its mind boggling how that mindset works.
    Last edited by babyblob; 08-06-2023 at 06:45 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.