Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Scarlet Witch #7 - The return of [spoilers]

Joseph of course. Many correctly guessed this before so here we go.
    I will keep this short because I only want to cover the Joseph part here. If you want to know the rest then well read the comic.

So Joseph is back alive thanks to Sinister shenanigans and he wants to start over but his face and well recent events make that kinda hard so Wanda takes him in to keep him safe from Orchis and other threats for now.

"This is me being reasonable"

Fantastic Member

So she literally has the 'We have Magneto at home' version at home.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

This was a waste of time. What's the point of doing a partial summary?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

So she gives him a new pack of bundles and sends him on his way?
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Our girl Polaris didn't deserve that, Darcy!

I’m surprised this book isn’t going to tie into Fall of X for at least an issue or two. Wanda had a good relationship with Krakoa, is closer to Polaris than ever, and is now hosting Joseph. Seems like as good a time as ever to flex those ally muscles.

Ultimate Member

Nice that Joe is actually being treated decent and not a prop, anymore.

I don't know why writers insist bringing up sore continuity spots while trying to build a strong current continuity. Joseph was an interesting idea as a way to revamp Magneto as good guy for a bit. But was turned into convoluted nonsense. Let it go.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    This was a waste of time. What's the point of doing a partial summary?
    As far as Joseph is concerned that's pretty much it. The actual Wizard of Oz adventure doesn't really involve him. I might do another thread in the Marvel section tomorrow that goes over everything since CJ hasn't made one yet.
    In case you are wondering. You can call me pedantic but a complete review of the book technically doesn't belong here or would people be OK with that here?

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Our girl Polaris didn't deserve that, Darcy!
    She is just jealous she doesn't have a PhD. Pay her no mind

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I’m surprised this book isn’t going to tie into Fall of X for at least an issue or two. Wanda had a good relationship with Krakoa, is closer to Polaris than ever, and is now hosting Joseph. Seems like as good a time as ever to flex those ally muscles.
    Im mixed about it. On one hand a book getting derailed by events is rarely a good thing if we are being honest. But on the other hand you are right and it would make sense for Wanda to help out. I might end up completely disappointed but I hope Uncanny Avengers can throw in some crumbs when it comes to that. That would be the perfect set-up for that this. We just have to hope it actually happens.
    "This is me being reasonable"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I don't know why writers insist bringing up sore continuity spots while trying to build a strong current continuity. Joseph was an interesting idea as a way to revamp Magneto as good guy for a bit. But was turned into convoluted nonsense. Let it go.
    Makes me wish Xorn was really Joseph under the iron mask when Erik got his head lopped off by James.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Wanda acts like she's such a mutant ally, but we know it's all fake. I guess you could say that she's a

Pretender.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Wanda acts like she's such a mutant ally, but we know it's all fake. I guess you could say that she's a

Pretender.
    I would argue she is being more of an ally this time by avoiding it. lol. I look forward to getting this with COTV next week. This one is on the x-line if anything i rather the other books take in the mutants so when the status of "time to come together" is back for show purposes mutants have a legitimate reason to not return because the opportunity is there now and a lot of people were speaking on it, so let's see. it's a good time to grab up some diverse background characters.
    Last edited by jwatson; 08-02-2023 at 03:35 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Ultimate Member

Because until writers get more money and/or credit with the movies coming out, they're not about to shill out any original characters to develop.

And Joe is fine.

'Magneto's clone' hardly compares to other convoluted characters

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Makes me wish Xorn was really Joseph under the iron mask when Erik got his head lopped off by James.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Because until writers get more money and/or credit with the movies coming out, they're not about to shill out any original characters to develop.

And Joe is fine.

'Magneto's clone' hardly compares to other convoluted characters
    Comics are not apart of the WGA, though many writers work in both fields. Which is irrelevant to the topic of Joseph. Unless your point was that his inclusion was editorial mandated, which I have no clue.

Magneto clone or My Not Dad's Dad's Clone is fairly convoluted and just because he isn't the worst doesn't make it a positive.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Ultimate Member

Comics are not apart of the WGA, though many writers work in both fields. Which is irrelevant to the topic of Joseph. Unless your point was that his inclusion was editorial mandated, which I have no clue.

Magneto clone or My Not Dad's Dad's Clone is fairly convoluted and just because he isn't the worst doesn't make it a positive.
    My point was that writers are disincentivized to make new characters, thus we have to make due with old ones.

And bonding with the clone of her father (or not, whatever) does offer some good storytelling opportunities