Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    yep and Jean and Mystique aren't dead nor is Scott captured and the QC members currently MIA bc they are on the cover to Emma's wedding issue. Im sure all wlll be available to attend
    Jean already has a solo out soon

Its Mystique, she ALWAYS comes back 2 life, she already set 4 a feature in nightcrawler mini

Obvi, Cyke gonna get rescued, its a matter of time, they already talked abt raiding the Gulag in X-men

it seems plausible Jubilee gonna get feature in Kamala's book, she's the family friendly fun character 4 Kamala, it is the passing of torch from Jubilee 2 her as Wolverine's sidekick, which is vital 4 movie success

Quote Originally Posted by emfrst View Post

Its Mystique, she ALWAYS comes back 2 life, she already set 4 a feature in nightcrawler mini

Obvi, Cyke gonna get rescued, its a matter of time, they already talked abt raiding the Gulag in X-men

it seems plausible Jubilee gonna get feature in Kamala's book, she's the family friendly fun character 4 Kamala, it is the passing of torch from Jubilee 2 her as Wolverine's sidekick, which is vital 4 movie success
    Mystique wasn't even "probably" dead.... she just fell off a cliff into the ocean.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I am pretty sure Madrox (or one ogf him) was killed as well, as we saw half of his body fly by. Also plenty of humans were killed, so it could we could read Mutant Massacre as massacre by Mutants. If you see the headlines of the newspaper front page we saw in the previews, that is what Orchis is making the world believe.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

All-New Member

Need to tell that to Xavier before he breaks.

i think it’s naive of you to believe that cover is accurate for what is inside and that all those plot lines will be resolved by next issue

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Also, if Cannonball IS an External, he's gonna just revive soon.
    Did Selene ever explain that?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Did Selene ever explain that?
    I think editorial wants to forget about Externals... which was part of why the External gate was made....

Oh wait, no, that didn't really do that, it highlighted them... well they do probably want to forget about the idea that NEW Externals can come to be.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    It's being called a "mutant massacre" by Orchis and their propaganda arm because they framed mutants as having massacred the human Gala guests. That's why the term is used on the front page of the Daily Bugle, followed by "Hellfire Gala Turns Deadly - Krakoa Blamed."
    You see? And here I thought that that was as clear as day. Apparently I was wrong.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    Did a few characters die? Yeah, 4-ish. Cannonball, Jubilee, Prodigy, Dazzler (maybe - some level of self-resurrection previously established). Iceman? Nope. Jean? Probably not. And the aforementioned cannon fodder will pop up as soon as the Five are back “online”.

The whole “massacre” angle is coming from Xavier arrogantly assuming all the gate-walkers are dead just because HE can’t hear them.

I get the theme, the X-Office has been recycling all the old crossover titles. But, this wasn’t close to a massacre.
    The "Mutant Massacre" is meant to refer to the framejob of Orchis killing the human guests, not the attack on the mutants. It's a supposed massacre by the mutants.

framing it to say it was a human massacre orchestrated by mutants still doesn't negate the fact that it was literally a mutant massacre orchestrated by orichis. lol.

The biggest issues here isn't the word massacre, what happened to the satellites in mars for easier communication for mutants. All the top telepaths in attendance at the gala and as a collective they couldn't stave it off. Emma showed the whole gala and most the world what happened whn they did Planet Sized and terraformed mars but they couldn't send out an image of what was actually happening at the gala, but they could send out that sins of sinister data right before. The plot was the real massacre.
    Last edited by jwatson; 08-03-2023 at 10:54 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Exactatiously

For the surviving mutants/Xavier it was a Mutant Massacre perpetrated by Orchis.
    For the MCU humans it was a Mutant Massacre on the human dignitaries who attended the Gala. (Which speaks to the News headline)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

yes, somehow orichis has the entire world believing that mutants at their own gala massacred humans all on word of mouth. I would also assume not a single diplomat or guest must have survived otherwise they would certainly be on the marvel version of tiktok letting the masses know. And kudos to Emma for holding the one event where they were apparently able to confiscate all forms of devices that could be used for imagery or any form of communication. No MarvelTime face calls to the fam thinking it's about to be over.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Now that you mention it...It's so odd that an event as big as the Gala wasn't recorded or televised (for posterity) by any of the the mutant technopaths. Where exactly were the mutant technopaths? Like Trinary and Sage?

Everything that would have brought up questions was removed. Trianry. Sage. The mutant spores that were used to pass along information which could have really been a great thing to see during resist. X-factor, the team that was doing real work would have most likely stumbled on orichis testing on mutants and at least started to formulate a strategy. X-corp which could have dealt with things being done with the mutant medicines and stuff was nothing more than a joke rather than exploring all those topics that would have made this moment actually work if they weren't just trying to hamfist it across and wasted all that time telling stories about eternals judging mutants or pausing books.

I mean it's easy to overlook a lot of things when it's happening but when you see the tapestryit's like "hmmm" it's the sloppiness for me.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

OK, Jubilee did not die, she was on the cover of Kamala new comic
    Look... I'm a Jubilee fan myself, but... well...

jubnimrod.jpg

She's only living on as Nimrod's Foot Pizza (TM) right now. We probably won't be seeing her until 2024 at the earliest.