Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Red face Scarlet Witch (2023) #7 Review!

I See ONLY PUPS!

"I See Only PUPS!" Is All I have to say about this Review, that is all that was needed to Make this a Perfect Issue #7, Our Wanda is the most Precious for moments like this!!! ^_^

But Also I must say, This issues was the more Dialogue Heavy of any of the Issues so far, took me long to read it but REALLY Had allot of Meat to the Unique Way and New World we got with the Wizard of Oz setting.

Wanda being both Litterally and Action Clever again in Unqiue ways in not just handing 1 but 2 Antagonists again in special Ways only Wanda can do is what makes this book a true treat to behold.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Well first I loved the interactions with Joseph and their last interaction was so heartwarming and makes me really interested in seeing how this relationship progresses. This also had another instance where we got to see from her vulnerable side for a moment when she said with tears in hers eyes that she needs a moment. Kinda a callback to her conversation with Polaris where she said that she doesn't want to fail anyone else but helping everyone how they want takes its toll. Speaking about that it's nice that we got to see now that just because you entered the Last Door and got Wanda to help you, Wanda isn't giving you a get out of jail free card for your own misdeeds that you have committed.
    "This is me being reasonable"

spoilers:
    Editor: Sara, you got those Diablo pages in?
    Sara: Yeah, boss, real sexy like you asked.
    Editor: Hell yea
    end of spoilers

Great issue btw! Fan fact, Bookworm's a character from Sleepwalker lmao. Steve and his deep cuts strike again!

It was a fun romp and it's cool Wanda gets a new ally in her "uncle". Her demeanor reminded me of Doctor Who.

The GODS teaser was alright but jarring. It would be cool if it paid off in a future issue.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 08-06-2023 at 12:17 PM.

The creative team continues to do amazing work on this book
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

This was by far the weakest issue for me. I think it may be time for an arc because maybe it's the one and done at this point starting to feel repetive but it felt like more than that. Like did someone tell orlando to use less words or something. I enjoyed the story but the dialogue kept taking me out and it also felt rushed.

If Joseph is going to be around for a bit i think some of it could have been spaced out and at one point it felt surreal and i was wondering if that was the point. like wanda being "oh i dare not hoped, to dream..." it felt very just weird to me i guess. or the darcy line there is fluttering but i'm pretty sure it would have read just as weird to me and maybe others if it was a guy telling a lady "she's not your mom, just a clone of your mom. what a nice rack." the line itself is okay i think what stood out is it informed Darcy's character to me and she seemed quirky but not the kind to make a joke like that but i guess that's just more personal nitpicks with the actual dialogue of the story. The outline was pretty good and i enjoyed the art.
    Last edited by jwatson; 08-09-2023 at 04:52 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Yeah the issue didn't land with me either. Not horrible but not great either.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, for some reason Marvel didn't guarantee this run's minimum issues so it cannot do any extensive arcs which in turn kinda hurt it.

Overall a fun issue. Joseph's interactions reminded me of when he first appeared back in the 90's and his manner of speaking trying to be down to Earth but still sounding pompous was kinda cute. Also the Bookworm, Orlando continues to dig through the Marvel Appendix for obscure characters. This issue was also important since it shows that not everyone who goes through the Last Door has noble intentions or even a hero. Also, what is with Diablo's new look, it looks like he took the Destroyer's body and just threw some robes over it, it's ridiculous..

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Yeah, for some reason Marvel didn't guarantee this run's minimum issues so it cannot do any extensive arcs which in turn kinda hurt it.
    The guaranteed the initial five and that was it.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    This appears to be happening across the majority of Marvel titles now.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver