Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I liked the New Mutants in this issue and Magneto being a headmaster. The conversation with Rahne was the highlight of the issue IMHO.

However, I did not enjoy the deep dive in Magneto's motivations. Him becoming a villain just so Xavier's children could be the "good mutants" is stupid.

Irae was fun. I don't enjoy her outfit but she seems interesting. The LORD MAGNETO in the ending was enticing for next issue.

Love Todd and JMD. Love the New Mutants! Loved this!

JMD’s Scooby Apocalypse was tremoundous as well as all his past work!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    Until she said her name, I thought for sure Irae was Haven (who from memory was also a JM DeMatteis creation)
    Speaking of characters I'd love to see again.....I don't know if she was ever technically a mutant (I think her powers came from the Adversary), but if they gave her an X-Gene, I'd love to see the return and possible redemption of the woman who genuinely wanted to help people, but committed atrocities because she was literally pregnant with, and being manipulated by the Adversary.

But I will be interested to learn more about Irae.

I was finally able to read this one. It was pretty solid.

The New Mutants all felt like the 80's versions of the characters without feeling dated. The writing in general didn't feel dated. The writing did a great job with how it portrayed Magneto and Wolfsbane in particular.

I'm interested in finding out more about Irae and what her history with Magneto is. She seems like a fun character and depending on how the rest of the mini goes it might be nice to see her appear in the modern comics.

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    It is not a retcon its Magneto trying to justify his past actions to himself, people do that all the time that why our are memories so unreliable.
    Fair enough. I like your explanation. It makes sense.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver