Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Oh geez. C’mon now. You’re really saying Charles Xavier is anti-Semite?

Next thing you’ll use as proof is that he took advantage of Holocaust survivor Gabrielle Haller to make her his baby momma.
    I’d actually use that more as proof that that Xavier in general is someone Hank Pym can look down on.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Didn't Xavier almost solo Nimrod with his TK?
    Yes, and also No.

Charles did fuck up Nimrod, but he just reformed himself.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I feel nothing but sympathy for Charles. He did what he thought was right and we watched how he started breaking along with everything around him. From his confrontation and breakdown with Ororo to his breakdown with Doug and now this, believing he's responsible for the death of a very large amount of mutants while the nation he co-created is empty, his best friend no longer by his side. Gillen is doing fantastic work with him and I look forward to watching how this unfolds.

But I agree. It's time for him to step aside and catch his breath for a time, while the mighty step in and turn this ship around.
    Once FoX is done and the mutants are back on track to Rise...dude needs to have a long quiet moment away from mutant affairs. Perhaps see his daughter Xandra on Chandilar and try to be a father figure to her while Scott and Jean keep the mutants together on Earth.

I saw someone posted on Xtter that that image of Xavier looks very much like Gillenister without his specs.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 08-04-2023 at 10:54 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Lactuca + Eden Fesi = everyone back
    Best girl and best boy to the rescue.

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    X-Men Red noted that Xavier continued to refer to Magneto as Erik even after he’d made a point of reverting to his birth name as Max. Xavier passed it off as Magneto never ‘letting him know that part of him’ or some such.

All things considered, Xavier’s refusal to see the big deal paints him at best as an insensitive jackass, at worst that the biases of being raised an upper class American WASP are still with Xavier as much as the horrors of his youth were with Magneto.

It’s not an asspull by any means, mind you, and does makes sense to inform a lot of the shall we say milquetoast measures Xavier even when he’s posing as an Unironic supremacist takes, but between the blatant goalpost shifting of Magneto’s final speech and the match up between his death sermon prophecy about Xavier killing them all to appease the oppressor, it does seem timed as distancing Magneto from the dodginess of Krakoa’s set up and put as much on Charles alone as possible.
    Except Magneto was still comfortable with Xavier calling him Erik and never tried to correct him on it. I think it’s a stretch to suggest Xavier still thinking of Magneto as the name he gave him means he didn’t accept his Jewish side, especially considering how they first met in Israel.

For all the their modern history where they're established to be "bffs", not to mention bringing Kitty into the X-Men, calling Charlie anti-semetic is a hard and ridiculous "ass-pull".
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Ewing wrote the death of magneto scene as well as the orori/charles scene and magneto death not gillien. Just want to give credit where it's due as I've noticed people try to lump gillien's stories with Ewing's work often.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Because Gillenister could never. Kidding, but not really.