Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Cable 2099: Not A Teen, Not Yet A Man
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    This looks superb. I've been pleasantly surprised by both Iceman's and now COTV's artist, both of whom I wasn't familiar with. This was already highly anticipated for me due to Cable, Bishop and the Children being there and now I know it will also look very pretty, so it's a winner on paper.
    I fully agree. As Deva said this preview reads really well and I'm stoked for this issue.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Excited for this issue.
    I hope the "mistake" with Serafina presence in the pod will be addressed !
    Also, it would have been great to see her reaction to Sam's death... (Forge "flirted" with her i think tho ?)
    I wonder why Bishop and Cable, having troubles with Orchis, goes to war with... The Cotv

I wonder if it has something to do with her being named Serafina-187 here. Have we seen a numerical designation for her before? Seems very intentional.

Also I love the respect being put on Cable's name. They're throwing everything they got at him and he remains unbothered, days away from escaping on his own. He deserves formidable foes so I'm glad he and Bishop will be up against the Children.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Also I love the respect being put on Cable's name. They're throwing everything they got at him and he remains unbothered, days away from escaping on his own. He deserves formidable foes so I'm glad he and Bishop will be up against the Children.
    YES!!! Could not agree more. I really hope Deniz Camp sticks around and does more for the X-office… preferably more involving the Askani’son.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Yeah, that’s what I had thought. So, I’m curious how she ended up in the Pods. Lol

I guess we have to assume she got herself caught. Or Editorial just forgot.
    Oh what a shock that would be! Is what i would say if this was not commonplace with them.

BANNED

Post deleted...
    Last edited by Micabe; 08-03-2023 at 06:12 PM.

BANNED

Yet another time travel story involving Cable... You would think Cable would have knowledge of the Human/Mutant massacre perpetrated by Orchis and warn his parents or prevent it outright as he did during the Extermination story arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I wish they'd make up their minds... Okay, Nathan's arm is missing does this mean that Orchis removed it and now has access to the Techno-organic virus or just some future time-node Cyborg part?
    Last edited by Micabe; 08-03-2023 at 06:15 PM.

I don’t think it is a time travel story… unless you’re considering the fact that the CotV use accelerated time inside the Vault to rapidly iterate/evolve. It’s about two time travelers, and their views of the future — both the futures they grew up in and the futures they want to create — as well as the CotV themselves and the future they want to usher in, and how those views/visions conflict.

In terms of the arm, the answer is both. They have access to the T-O virus, as it’s what interfaces with and runs through the arm; so it is present in the arm they took. But Cable has been shown to have an entire “arm-ory” (terrible pun) full of cybernetic arms with different capabilities that he can actually swap out for specific missions. I’ll admit that I don’t love this development, which Gerry Duggan added to Cable’s mythos (and Al Ewing ran with it in Cable: Reloaded, even going so far as to give him a hard-light backup replacement arm for when he loses an arm in battle). IMO having it just be T-O was fine, because if it gets blown up or removed somehow he can just regrow it. I think the virus has to consume some matter to regrow itself, but Nathan has been shown to be able to do that in the past.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I don’t think it is a time travel story… unless you’re considering the fact that the CotV use accelerated time inside the Vault to rapidly iterate/evolve. It’s about two time travelers, and their views of the future — both the futures they grew up in and the futures they want to create — as well as the CotV themselves and the future they want to usher in, and how those views/visions conflict.

In terms of the arm, the answer is both. They have access to the T-O virus, as it’s what interfaces with and runs through the arm; so it is present in the arm they took. But Cable has been shown to have an entire “arm-ory” (terrible pun) full of cybernetic arms with different capabilities that he can actually swap out for specific missions. I’ll admit that I don’t love this development, which Gerry Duggan added to Cable’s mythos (and Al Ewing ran with it in Cable: Reloaded, even going so far as to give him a hard-light backup replacement arm for when he loses an arm in battle). IMO having it just be T-O was fine, because if it gets blown up or removed somehow he can just regrow it. I think the virus has to consume some matter to regrow itself, but Nathan has been shown to be able to do that in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Agreed. And 100% what I’m hoping is the case.
    And I hope it isn’t just “and Adult Cable got captured off screen at the same time and the same way Kid Cable did.”

Same here. That would be oddly coincidental.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I'm only buying this book to find out if they f*cked up and used the wrong Cable.
    "Cable was right!"

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Could they not have aged teen cable with the world?
    Orchis has access to Za Warudo? When did that happen after Giant Size?
    "Cable was right!"

Even if they could’ve aged up Kid Cable, they didn’t. Deniz Camp responded on Twitter and said it’s the adult version in this series. Which means it’s possible Marvel editorial did indeed f*ck up and didn’t let him know he’s using the wrong Cable when he and the artist, Luca Maresca, were writing and drawing this mini… but I truly hope it hasn’t gotten that bad in the X-office.

If that is the case, well, it shows how little most of the folks at Marvel had for this once great A-list titan of a character. And that makes me sad. So much damn potential… which it feels like Deniz Camp is in tune with based on the little snippets I’ve seen of the book and the one interview I read from him. Hopefully he gets more X-office work and that involves Cable. And possibly X-Force too. Lord knows that title needs saving from Percy right now.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 08-07-2023 at 07:59 AM.