Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    "Mary Jane loses her kids and decides to become a superhero to deal with her grief" is a weird direction to take the character.
    It's what happens when you have a head writer who doesn't deserve to have the title.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    "Mary Jane loses her kids and decides to become a superhero to deal with her grief" is a weird direction to take the character.
    Weird is a charitable way to say awful.

And someone said something to mme that made me also realize why the whole Jackpot thing bothers me so much. They're trying to say here that it's this great love for her kids that is going to motivate her to doing this stupid unreasonable thing that is risking her life with superheroics. Great. Except....this whole story is premised on her just "moving on" from her love for Peter with no concern. Spent ten years loving and pursuing this very real man she was in a very real relationship with? Eh, no problem, she can replace him in less than a year when he's very much alive and very much trying to save her and discard him when he does so without any pain or even a hard decision. It's just an immediate hit the road, jack. But these very not real children who she's known for half that time she's catatonic and inconsolable and is going to upend her life for them. So once again, this is just reinforcing what we complained about before. This Mary Jane does not and never did love Peter Parker. Replacing him was barely an inconvenience. But these kids, now, that's "REAL" Love. Just a terrible job.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    Weird is a charitable way to say awful.

And someone said something to mme that made me also realize why the whole Jackpot thing bothers me so much. They're trying to say here that it's this great love for her kids that is going to motivate her to doing this stupid unreasonable thing that is risking her life with superheroics. Great. Except....this whole story is premised on her just "moving on" from her love for Peter with no concern. Spent ten years loving and pursuing this very real man she was in a very real relationship with? Eh, no problem, she can replace him in less than a year when he's very much alive and very much trying to save her and discard him when he does so without any pain or even a hard decision. It's just an immediate hit the road, jack. But these very not real children who she's known for half that time she's catatonic and inconsolable and is going to upend her life for them. So once again, this is just reinforcing what we complained about before. This Mary Jane does not and never did love Peter Parker. Replacing him was barely an inconvenience. But these kids, now, that's "REAL" Love. Just a terrible job.
    Eh she seems to be happy that Peter is around in the annual. Seem like we'll get more into her head with the writer for her. Let's see if she gets into MJ's head more and if there's anything about Peter which they can easily do then aimlessly being angry with no real proof of anything

The wedding preview seems good. I hope Wells don't ruin it like everything he did until now.

Khamala thing. Awful.

MJ/Paul thing. Don't care about fake kids and MJ being there depressing about fake kids. Why is Mr Genocidal son is still there? When is he going to dissapear or killed?

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    Peter should perfectly relate to this, since House of M is still canon. Peter had a whole life with children in that reality that he vividly recalled after it was undone. He was so upset he tracked down Quicksilver to make him suffer for his role in giving him a family and taking it away, and he begged Strange to take the memories of them away, and it wasn’t possible, even if that reality and those kids no longer existed.

To quote Mary Jane, “sound familiar?”.
    wait why is it acceptable that Peter can be mad about fake kids and not MJ?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

If that MJ/Paul scene is a snippet of what we'll see in the Jackpot series, I hope they keep Peter far away. Let her boyfriend be the one to support her, and let's see if the both characters are capable of maintaining book sales on their own, without using Spidey as bait.

Quote Originally Posted by vhm74 View Post
    If that MJ/Paul scene is a snippet of what we'll see in the Jackpot series, I hope they keep Peter far away. Let her boyfriend be the one to support her, and let's see if the both characters are capable of maintaining book sales on their own, without using Spidey as bait.

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    The book could also be making him a villain too. He wants a normal life while MJ becomes a hero and that ruining his plans

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    The book could also be making him a villain too. He wants a normal life while MJ becomes a hero and that ruining his plans
    He can be the villain by trying to get the kids back by whatever means necessary since he doesnt want MJ to be sad or risk her life as a hero. Which probably would be bad for the world and Mj will have to make the choice to give up her family for humanity

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    He can be the villain by trying to get the kids back by whatever means necessary since he doesnt want MJ to be sad or risk her life as a hero. Which probably would be bad for the world and Mj will have to make the choice to give up her family for humanity
    It would be funny if he left to go back to the other world and eventually when he cam back he looks liked and acted crazy like his old man

As an aside completely off-topic I like how the Mandalorians have this version of Mornington Crescent (Mandalorian Crescent) where the first Mandalorian to say, This is the Way, wins the argument, but no outsider can possibly understand the rules.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vhm74 View Post
    Or we see Paul getting kicked to the curb, and MJ working her way back to Peter.

What you described will not sell. Period. No-one wants more Paul

Quote Originally Posted by MaydayStan View Post
    Or we see Paul getting kicked to the curb, and MJ working her way back to Peter.

What you described will not sell. Period. No-one wants more Paul
    While true, since when has Marvel being out of touch with what fans want stopped them before? Why start now?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    While true, since when has Marvel being out of touch with what fans want stopped them before? Why start now?
    This is still only one page which seems a bit after the fight with Rabin sober maybe seeing her removal from Paul soon. Plus no way he made the suit. He doesn't even look like he cares to be Im therapy

BANNED

I've still got the bad feeling that whatever the plan is, Paul is going to be around for the time being and probably up to the end of this run.

Now I hope to hell issue 31 proves me wrong. I will be dancing in the streets if she dumps his ass. Because I feel that as of this point, the story really can't continue with him there and keep people invested. He's just extra baggage that needs to get dropped ASAP.