Page 106 of 167 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 2503
    Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Well I see I was proven mostly right about why the Cowboys defeat the Eagles except it wasn't a competitive close game since the Eagles never lead, couldn't tie the game, also Cowboys moving the football in the 1st half was easy with throwing plays and running plays, and the Cowboys had no struggle scoring 24 points while the Eagles had to settle for 2 field goals.
    The Eagles improvement in the second half by holding the Cowboys to 9 points was fruitless because the only points the Eagles scored was a returning fumble for a touchdown.

I expect Bayless to be talking about the Cowboys are a Super Bowl contender in response to the Cowboys bulldozing the Eagles 33-13 on Sunday Night Football.

The Cowboys wanted to make a statement vs an Eagles team that embarrassed them so not a surprise that the Cowboys defense prevented the Eagles from scoring an offensive touchdown in entertaining embarrassment.
    https://noequipmentfitness.com/
    No Equipment Fitness is my Online Fitness website where you can purchase short no equipment workouts.

Wrong thread 2x.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Next week the Cowboys play a hyped up Bills team that just beat the Chiefs while the Eagles play a Seattle team that struggled to beat the Commanders and Cardinals. Long season still.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Suddenly, or perhaps not so suddenly, the best team in the AFC are the Baltimore Ravens who are 10-3 and looking damn hard to beat. Meanwhile, in AFC West, the 8-5 Chiefs are only a game ahead of surging Denver which turned their season around after a sluggish start.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

As things stand at present with the Birds' craptastic offense after the last two weeks, including zero touchdowns last night (the lone trip into the endzone came from the defense), THIS Brian Johnson could probably call better plays:

Reid, Mahomes and the Chiefs fans bitching about the refs and that offsides call are making me laugh today.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Reid, Mahomes and the Chiefs fans bitching about the refs and that offsides call are making me laugh today.
    Stevie Wonder could’ve seen that Toney was offsides on that play. The Chiefs have nothing to stand on, and no reason to complain, something I’ve never recalled Andy Reid ever having done before.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Stevie Wonder could’ve seen that Toney was offsides on that play. The Chiefs have nothing to stand on, and no reason to complain, something I’ve never recalled Andy Reid ever having done before.
    Chiefs miss Eric Bienemy. He was the hardass on the coaching staff that let Reid and others be the "good cops" by comparison.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Their argument isnt that Toney was not offsides. it is that the refs should have let it slide and just let the players play. Reid also argues that the Refs should have given Toney or the coaches a warning that Toney was offsides so they could fix it before the snap.
    Last edited by babyblob; 12-11-2023 at 08:14 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Yes Toney lined up off sides. I think the argument is that this is rarely called and usually the refs give you a sign if you line up past the ball. For a team that lost last week because the refs chose not to call a blatant PI, to then lose because they picked then to call something they had not called all game was infuriating,
    I will bet even money, if you went through the game film you would find multiple players on both teams that lined up a little ahead of the line.
    But not the first time the refs have decided a game this year, and won't be the last.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Toney was WAY off though, half his body was leaning over the side along with the foot on the line. Since Bienemy left this offense aint look the same on a couple fronts. Lack of disciple, drops, it's beyond just a dip in talent.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Chiefs miss Eric Bienemy. He was the hardass on the coaching staff that let Reid and others be the "good cops" by comparison.
    ^missed you post awesome, exactly.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Super surprised by Dem Boyz murdering the Eagles.

It was offset by Mahomes throwing a man baby tantrum, so not all bad.

Seahawks fans are slowly turning back to how good Wilson was. Wonder what will happen if Broncos end up going to the playoffs while Seattle stays home?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Yes Toney lined up off sides. I think the argument is that this is rarely called and usually the refs give you a sign if you line up past the ball. For a team that lost last week because the refs chose not to call a blatant PI, to then lose because they picked then to call something they had not called all game was infuriating,
    I will bet even money, if you went through the game film you would find multiple players on both teams that lined up a little ahead of the line.
    But not the first time the refs have decided a game this year, and won't be the last.
    Yes there are players who line up a little ahead of the line. But Toney was not a little ahead of the line. He was massively offsides. I am just sick of hearing how the refs were against the Chiefs in that game. (Not saying you are but that is all over the place today) They threw the flag right at the snap. They didnt know the result of the play was going to be a td so its not like they were trying to screw the Chiefs over.

And this was not a case of the refs deciding the game, lets not forget that the Chiefs had 3 chances after the call to get those yards back and try and make something happen and in the 3 plays that followed they did not get 1 yard. So its not like this was a last second end of the game call. The Chiefs still had 3 freaken downs to do something and they couldnt get even 1 yard.

Instead of being mad at the refs people should be pissed at Toney who made yet another, ANOTHER very coslty mistake that cost his team points.
    Last edited by babyblob; 12-11-2023 at 09:03 AM.

And I hate the Phrase Let the Players Play. The same people who say that are the same ones who bitch and moan when a ref misses a call against their team.

I put Maholmes in that crowd. He is moaning that the refs should let the players play. Yet I dont hear him saying that when the calls are going in his favor. I dont see him telling the refs to pick up a flag when a defender gets tagged for PI against Kelce.
    Last edited by babyblob; 12-11-2023 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    It's not something that was called very often in previous seasons. It's something officiating crews were told to call as a point of emphasis this season, so it's getting called more often. The Eagles were called for the same thing on the Sunday night game. Again, officiating crews are evaluated based on whether they call or miss those type of point of emphasis plays by the league office, who review every play in that performance review of the crews. The refs were doing their job. Fans may not like it, and that's fine, but it's not the refs fault, it's the way the League itself wants the game called and the League wants to crack down on that type of call. 12 or so games into the season, when it has been being called all season. teams should have adjusted, just like they do to every other penalty call the League chooses to emphasize each year.

And I really dislike the idea that a game came down to one play. That play only decided the game because a team didn't perform/produce on every other play in the game, penalty call or not. They had several chances to win the game, not just that play and they came up short on all of them, not just the play in question. The refs didn't decide the game every time their defense failed to stop the other team form scoring, or every time their special teams failed to get them better field position, or every time their offense went 3 and out or had to settle for a field goal instead of a TD. Focusing on 1 play lets the team off the hook for every other time they didn't perform well enough, and it's a scapegoat for a not good enough overall performance.

-M
    Last edited by MRP; 12-11-2023 at 09:31 AM.
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato