Page 107 of 167 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 2503
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Super surprised by Dem Boyz murdering the Eagles.
    For whatever it’s worth, I had the Birds losing in Dallas when the schedule first came out since they rarely win down there, but I didn’t figure on my squad getting curbstomped.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Yes there are players who line up a little ahead of the line. But Toney was not a little ahead of the line. He was massively offsides. I am just sick of hearing how the refs were against the Chiefs in that game. (Not saying you are but that is all over the place today) They threw the flag right at the snap. They didnt know the result of the play was going to be a td so its not like they were trying to screw the Chiefs over.

And this was not a case of the refs deciding the game, lets not forget that the Chiefs had 3 chances after the call to get those yards back and try and make something happen and in the 3 plays that followed they did not get 1 yard. So its not like this was a last second end of the game call. The Chiefs still had 3 freaken downs to do something and they couldnt get even 1 yard.

Instead of being mad at the refs people should be pissed at Toney who made yet another, ANOTHER very coslty mistake that cost his team points.
    I am not saying it wasn't a penalty and that it shouldn't have been called. I was looking at Mahomes and the Chiefs and considering why they were so frustrated and angry. Compared to the Green Bay debacle, this was not a bad call or no-call.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    And I really dislike the idea that a game came down to one play. That play only decided the game because a team didn't perform/produce on every other play in the game, penalty call or not. They had several chances to win the game, not just that play and they came up short on all of them, not just the play in question. The refs didn't decide the game every time their defense failed to stop the other team form scoring, or every time their special teams failed to get them better field position, or every time their offense went 3 and out or had to settle for a field goal instead of a TD. Focusing on 1 play lets the team off the hook for every other time they didn't perform well enough, and it's a scapegoat for a not good enough overall performance.

-M
    I hate this sentiment. Many games come down to one play, that is the nature of the game. The Dolphins lost to the Chiefs because of one play. The Giants beat the Pats in the SB because of one play, twice. I dislike the idea that if they were the better team, they would simply win overwhelmingly, that is not how the NFL works.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

If the refs hadn't called it, then people would be complaining that the refs missed an obvious offsides call. No win scenario.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Patriots lose WRs coach Ross Douglas to Syracuse. The shedding has begun. Best thing the Chefs could hope for is the next game in New England.

Denver is game back in the West btw.

Speaking of, where is Big G... maybe my mans is scouting QB's cause O'Connell ain't it and maybe even Pierce ain't it. Sure this is the roster McDaniel put together but there is some backtracking that needs to happen. Maybe Jimmy G will have the Zach Wilson effect after sitting and light it up on the come back... No? Yea prolly not.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    No win scenario.
    There was a winner, the Buffalo defensive effort, on the road. Saved their season, kinda like the passenger crew saved lives by downing that plane on 9/11.

We shouldn't cave to the bitching just because the KC QB and HC are both pitch-men during every commercial time-out.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I hate this sentiment. Many games come down to one play, that is the nature of the game. The Dolphins lost to the Chiefs because of one play. The Giants beat the Pats in the SB because of one play, twice. I dislike the idea that if they were the better team, they would simply win overwhelmingly, that is not how the NFL works.
    And I hate the sentiment that any game, which features dozens of plays boils down to just one play in which someone did or didn't do something, and then you can blame or scapegoat someone or something for the loss and not be accountable for every other play in the game. If a receiver didn't drop a pass when he was wide open and with a clear path to the endzone in the 1st quarter and the team winds up punting is forgotten because in the fourth quarter an offensive lineman was called for a borderline holding call with 10 seconds on the clock that calls back a touchdown and that team loses by 4, but it's the refs deciding that game, not the wide receiver who dropped the pass in the 1st quarter that, if they got the TD would have put then up by 3 at the ends of the game. But everyone forgets the wide receiver not performing in the 1st quarter to blame the refs for the 4th quarter play. Both plays were equally important in who won the game, and the ref's call would have been irrelevant if the receiver made the paly in the 1st.

Simply blaming the 4th quarter play and saying that one play decided the game is lazy thinking and recency bias, forgetting all the other plays which decided the game along the way. It's a fundamental lack of understanding of how the game is played and the importance of each and every play in the game. I'm not saying good teams will simply overwhelm and win, I'm saying the team that executes on plays throughout the game matters to the outcome, not just the one who executes on a single play late in the game. That play late in the game usually only matters because someone did or didn't execute on plays earlier in the game, and focusing on only the one play that is in all the highlights is reductionist. Imagine a coach telling players, well we're going to slide on all these plays because only one play at the end will matter, a player telling the press, we're not good most of the game but we can step up for one big play each game so we're going to win a championship. The idea is absurd. Yes, one play can decide a game in a crucial moment, but games don't come down to one play, they are made up of execution or lack there of on every play during that game, and that one play only materializes because of what happened or didn't happen in every other play of the game. It doesn't exist in a vacuum.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post

Speaking of, where is Big G... maybe my mans is scouting QB's cause O'Connell ain't it and maybe even Pierce ain't it. Sure this is the roster McDaniel put together but there is some backtracking that needs to happen. Maybe Jimmy G will have the Zach Wilson effect after sitting and light it up on the come back... No? Yea prolly not.
    Lots of members of The Nation are pounding the drum for Jayden Daniels...and maybe its Raiders history with LSU QBs that gives me pause but yeah.

PESONALLY....I'm Team Penix Jr. I would also be OK with Nix in then second round.

#BIGPENIXENERGY

But yeah we need a QB...because AOC, who has played relatively solid ball (he's going to be a solid back up QB in the league) just couldn't do ANYTHING right yesterday. Farva.exe has stopped working

Like mind you Renfrow fumbling the ball on the 12 yard line didn't help ether.

I'm just happy that most of the NFL is laughing at Mahmomes complaining of the Reffs call as opposed to laughing at us. I can only take the hot light of shame for so long....
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

I think what happened is that the Chiefs got so deflated by the call that they lost their focus and couldn't execute the other three plays. The call was a distraction and the effect was that all of their eggs ended up in one basket and when that basket was overturned, they were done. Yet again a WR makes a mistake that costs the Chiefs a game.

Give credit to Buffalo, too. Whats lost in all this Chief whining is that they played a great game with interceptions, ball tips, converting critical 4th downs and decent offensive line play. In Arrowhead, where its tough to beat the home team. If any of those plays don't happen, Buffalo could have lost. Every single play makes the game, its never all or nothing.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 12-11-2023 at 12:07 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Maholmes bitches about the offsides flag because he wants players to play in the same presser he talks about being upset the PI didnt get called last week.

So which is it? Throw the flags or let the players play? Or only throw flags that benefit him? He needs to watch the tape see how fat Toney was offsides and quit his bitching.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Maholmes bitches about the offsides flag because he wants players to play in the same presser he talks about being upset the PI didnt get called last week.

So which is it? Throw the flags or let the players play? Or only throw flags that benefit him? He needs to watch the tape see how fat Toney was offsides and quit his bitching.
    Because Toney being six inches off sides did not in any way possible have any effect on that play. Where as the PI changed the play dramatically.

If you're counting on the refs to make the right call, you deserve to lose.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Mahomes and Reid look like utter fools because an offside penalty is not debatable much like it's not debatable similar to 1 team that doesn't have the required amount of players on the field when the game is being played.
    They can't take off the rose-colored Chiefs glasses and see objectively that a Chiefs WR was offsides which is why them criticizing a referee for making a conclusive right call is ridiculous. The Chiefs did not get hosed by a ridiculous blown call or the wrong call.

Credit the Bills for getting a challenging road game in Arrowhead Stadium.

Giants Packers
    This should be an entertaining competitive game that the Packers win because of fewer miscues. Love has more experience as a Starting QB than Devito so the Packers are slightly more likely to win because of that main advantage.

Titans Dolphins
    As a realistic Titans fan I expect the Dolphins to bulldoze the Titans. The Dolphins have a stacked offensive arsenal while the Titans have a low amount of offensive playmakers so it's unlikely the Titans compete vs a team that is better on paper, and by the shown results on the field.
    So most likely the Dolphins have a great game offensively in an entertaining embarrassment.
    https://noequipmentfitness.com/
    No Equipment Fitness is my Online Fitness website where you can purchase short no equipment workouts.

THe Refs make the wrong call they catch Hell. The refs make the right call they catch Hell. It really is no win. So lets just get rid of refs and let everyone do what they Hell they want. And when Maholmes is plastered on his cry baby ass for the fourth time in one drive let him beg for the refs to come back.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

THe Refs make the wrong call they catch Hell. The refs make the right call they catch Hell. It really is no win. So lets just get rid of refs and let everyone do what they Hell they want. And when Maholmes is plastered on his cry baby ass for the fourth time in one drive let him beg for the refs to come back.

Show me on the doll where Mahomes hurt you ?

Every player complains about the referees making calls against them. Mahomes is no different. When Joe Burrow does it at some point , I'm gonna laugh...

In fact in looking it up Burrow himself proclaimed in a game where he was sacked a number of times as a rookie in 2020..."When I become the GOAT , I'll get those calls..." as referees wouldn't call a roughing the passer on someone.

So there ya go...QB's complain as do coaches. But hey it fits the narrative your trying I suppose.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.