Page 130 of 167 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 2503

Today is the day. Who will be let go by the end of the day?

And that Peacock streaming game is complete BS> I tell you boyos we are only a few years from the Super Bowl being an Apple TV exclusive.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Apparently the Saints players rebelled against their coach and ran a ply to score a TD form the 1 yd line after an interception return was returned to the 1. There was 1:13 left in the game and the Saints had a lead and could run the clock out. Coach Allen called for a victory formation kneel down, but the players decided to call a run play to get Jamaal Williams a TD since he hadn't scored one all season. This lead to an angry exchange between coaches at midfield postgame. Allen apologized in his press conference revealing the players rebellion. Saints were eliminated from the playoffs anyways with the Packers win, but I'm not sure it's a good look for Allen moving forward if his players do not respect him enough to run the play called. Looks like he doesn't have that locker room. Either he needs to go or some players who masterminded it need the boot.

-M
    Well look who the ringleader was...Jameis Winston. Is there a rule or law he wouldn't break if he decided he didn't like it? He should've been immediately cut from the team after the game.

I coached youth league basketball for 25 years and there was nothing I hated more than having to apologize for something a player of mine did. I can only imagine how that kind of thing must grate on a professional level coach.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I just learned mere minutes ago that Saturday night's Dolphins vs. Chiefs game will be on Peacock and only Peacock. I don't know if that's on the free tier or the pay tier, but, given the bottomless greed of the NFL, I'm betting it's the latter. What the hell? That's bad news for fans who'd have to either go to a friend's house (if they have Peacock), a sports bar, or sign up with that streaming service to watch the game. That's patently unfair.
    I have to pay for Peacock through Xfinity so I don't see it being on a free tier.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Today is the day. Who will be let go by the end of the day?
    Just got an alert that Ron Rivera got the chop in Washington.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Just got an alert that Ron Rivera got the chop in Washington.
    It was rumored for weeks that the new ownership let him know he was done at the end of the year. Results based league and all, and a defensive coach who's in the Bottom 5 in most defensive categories...

Damn shame after all he gave to that franchise during some of its darkest times in terms of ownership under Chainsaw Dan.

If Chicago fires Eberflus, I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to bring him in, provided he brings the right defensive coordinator.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

If Michigan beats Washington in the National Championship Game tonight, does Jim Harbaugh leave and returns to the NFL? With Black Monday underway, teams needing a new head coach will be lining up at Harbaugh’s front door for his services.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

If Michigan beats Washington in the National Championship Game tonight, does Jim Harbaugh leave and returns to the NFL? With Black Monday underway, teams needing a new head coach will be lining up at Harbaugh’s front door for his services.
    He just hired an NFL agent, too.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Washington got the ball rolling 1st. They fired Ron Rivera today and announced that Rick Spielman is GM. They also made the guy who ran the Golden State Warriors from
    NBA as team president.

Magic Johnson will have a role in hiring the new coach as well.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

At the risk of sounding like the sort of reactionary fan who dials up WIP (the local sportstalk radio station here) to vent, or goes apeshit on social media, but if the Eagles lose to Baker Freaking Mayfield next Monday night (and after the last six weeks, that can't be ruled out), I'll be first in line to call for Sirianni's head on a stick.

Look, I'm only 1/5th Eagle fan and I can't believe you're shown your head in here and this is all the reaction we've gotten. Silver lining 1st though- this collection has been here before, Playoff wise. That accounts for more than a little, took some BAD injuries yesterday and A.J. Brown, I haven't heard the latest but that's going to hurt. They have it in them and what do we always say, get to the dance and anything can happen. Mariotta DID throw a touchdown, jus sayin, the talent HAS to come out against the Bucs. That alone should win them this game, there will be a ton of woulda, coulda, shoulda by the time the book is written on this season.

Now the real- this team has looked like the other side of want to ALL, DAMN, SEASON. After the disgraceful effort that got the Phillies knocked out of the NLCS I thought, well, at least the Eagles... If they get thumped by Baker Mayfield, this will be the worst collapse in the city I'm afraid. They spent almost half a season as the #1 seed and to get their ass beat by Tuh-rod, as Giants players were chewing up field, not being tackled, is stunning. It ain't all about Sirianni. These new young coaches don't have the instinct that the group behind them had, they all think they are smarter than the game. I've got my own hassle in Shane Stichen who out thinks himself routinely. It's an epidemic. His play calling is less than inspiring at the end of the day.

The defense has been terrible, the post-game video is hilarious, I've never seen Jaws this pissed. My man next to him can barley hold it together. They TRIED to shore up the defense but bringing in a cancer like Patricia was the wrong move. That Superbowl win, it took a collective. Since then the shedding of pieces and voices has led to this. I had them going back and they will not make the Superbowl this year. They SHOULD be Baker but whoo-boy, they could lose too. They've got some want to as well, there are several who played in their wining a Superbowl too still there too. It's going to be a fight on Wildcard weekend and they have the last game.

Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    He just hired an NFL agent, too.
    An agent with ties to Tom Brady if that means anything.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    In a practically meaningless game between teams already in the playoffs, the Rams edge the Niners 21-20. And it was Carson Wentz with 2 TDs and an INT against Sam Darnold with 1 TD. Amazingly, Wentz looked pretty good firing out bullets right on target and also running for 56 yards and scoring a TD on the ground. Clearly Wentz is a better backup for the Rams than Darnold is for the Niners.

Rams will face the Lions in the first round, Goff versus Stafford in a game the NFL was surely hoping would happen. Seems almost fixed. Lions are the favorites, of course. We'll see. After all, the Lions did lose a game to the Bears.

Wasn't it a year ago where it was thought that McVey was going to bail and go into somebody's booth as a commentator? Dude is back in the Playoffs, a year removed from wining the whole thing. F, them, picks indeed. Even if I believed in the NFL script, I don't believe their writers room would be THIS good.

While we're here, RIP to the New York J.E.T.S. 2023 season, who beat back a what, decade plus level of dominance in losing to the Pats. The win came behind Simieans 12-30, 88 yards and 2 picks. Darnold's gone, they could have had Wentz when Rogers went down and now they move into the off-season surely cleared of the burden of Zack Wilson. I'm not going to tell a lie, this team was giving in it's ineptitude for stretches of this season. I listened to their bitching on YouTube and on WFAN, until it was too much for even me. I don't goof on them as I have in the past, and even then that was only cause their success came at the hands of the Colts so that was a sore spot. Speaking of Jerry fkn Hughes is STILL in the league on the Texans! It feels like 20 years ago when he whiffed on a special teams tackle and the Colts lost that game 14-12 or some **** like that... I digress. Jets fan I feel you, Team Rogers is keeping the flame of disaster burning bright at the steps of your franchise for another season. Here I thought Gase was rock bottom, I was wrong.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    An agent with ties to Tom Brady if that means anything.
    Maybe the Michigan Men create the unholy duo of coaching somewhere.

Dun dun DUN!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

I'm very happy the Titans ended a terrible season by defeating the Jaguars 28-20 which kept the Jaguars from returning to the Playoffs. The Jaguars had a memorable choke because they had a 98 percent chance to make the Playoffs after starting 8-3, however, they found a way to implode and greatly disappoint.

It wasn't surprising the Cowboys demolished a terrible Commanders team in a game that became an embarrassment.
    What is very surprising is the Giants outplayed the Eagles in an uncompetitive game.
    A feel-great win for the Giants to end a terrible season.

The Eagles have been stinking like a skunk for 5 of the last 6 weeks, however, the Buccaneers aren't a great team so the Eagles do have a realistic chance of defeating the Buccanneers in sunny Tampa Bay.

The Panthers showed they are an entertaining embarrassment because it's the second consecutive week they were shut out. It was a low bar for the Panthers to avoid getting shutout, however, the Panthers found a way to fail because of a created fumble before a Panthers player reached the end zone.
    https://noequipmentfitness.com/
    No Equipment Fitness is my Online Fitness website where you can purchase short no equipment workouts.

I just learned mere minutes ago that Saturday night's Dolphins vs. Chiefs game will be on Peacock and only Peacock. I don't know if that's on the free tier or the pay tier, but, given the bottomless greed of the NFL, I'm betting it's the latter. What the hell? That's bad news for fans who'd have to either go to a friend's house (if they have Peacock), a sports bar, or sign up with that streaming service to watch the game. That's patently unfair.
    It's not any different than every Thursday game being on Amaozn or games on NFL Network only that many cable carriers don't offer (ours doesn't) and you have to pay to get access to? Yes it's a playoff game, but that's part of their deal with NBC (Peacock's owner) that they recently renegotiated wen they reupped and NBC wants to use it as an opportunity to draw subscribers to their platform. But the trend of putting games behind paywalls (especially things like Sunday Ticket) and not for free on broadcast TV is a trend that has been around for a while now and isn't going to go backwards any time soon. In fact, I think you will see more of it and less broadcast airings next time the contracts for NFL rights are up for grabs.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Panthers fire their GM Scott Fitterer