Page 147 of 167 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 2503

I had a pretty good wild card weekend. I picked KC, Texans, Bucs, and Bills. I missed on Cowboys, and Rams.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I ended up going 3-3 on Wild Card weekend, getting picks right on the Chiefs, Bills and Lions.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Picks:

The Tampa "Money Ball" Bucs over the Britney (Spears) Lions.
    The Green Bay Fudge Packers over the Whiners
    The Nevermore Ravens over Texarcana
    The KC Mahomeses over the Snowbunnies

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    The Falcons have interviewed Bill B. I would be surprised if after leaving The Pats Bill B thinks that is the best situation for him.
    I would think Bill would have learned his lesson and go somewhere with a franchise QB already in place.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 01-16-2024 at 10:38 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Raiders are set to interview Leslie Fraiser today for HC and they interviewed AP yesterday. Since they've moved onto HC candidates it seems that the GM search is all but completed. Insiders say its between current Interim GM Champ Kelly and Colts assistant GM Ed Dodds.

Rumors have floated that should AP get the job, Kliff Kingsburry would come in as OC.
    Bless Fraiser's heart, he keeps tryin' to change the status quo. At 64 he's only 4 years older than Todd Bowles but seems like more. He's in the old Black coach tree with Cauldwell at 69. They're on an uphill against age on top of, albeit an established coach but Black coach nevertheless. Demeco is a darling win or loose and Tomlin can even take time to decide where to go but Fraiser is a mid pack guy.

I thought the goal was to win. NO idea why anyone would want Kingsburry and maybe Pierce doesn't quite have enough experience for the HC job but IF he gets that job he's going to need a way stronger OC than Kliff.

I'll tell you this about Dodds per time on the Colts. Not sure where he starts and Ballard ends but Ballard is a stubborn brick of a guy. I can see why he's interviewing, get out from under Ballard, that said we haven't sniffed the playoffs since Phil Rivers was QB. Team Ballard has the second highest paid O-Line in the league and was the first last season which was a total embarrassment. Ballard is a trenches guy and has left us bare as far as corners and definitely receivers. Pittman is gold but we've never gotten what we thought Pierce could be and we've never gotten another tight end like Doyle. Tall task but Ballard has been here almost 10 years and we're just finally getting our new YOUNG franchise QB. Plus the crap with Jonathon Taylor, we always did need him. His player signings always left a lot to be desired. Sure he has some hits but we still are looking for a core group on a couple of fronts. Much of it is Irsay I'm sure, specially with the whole Reicht tenure but likely this says more about Ballard than Dodds.
    Last edited by Surf; 01-16-2024 at 10:42 AM.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

The Falcons have interviewed Bill B. I would be surprised if after leaving The Pats Bill B thinks that is the best situation for him.
    At least per the X/Twitter. Bill is interviewing The Falcons.

I know when I think of energizing a fanbase, Bill Cheat is the first to come to mind. 'We're on to Cincinnati' indeed.
    You bet yer ass.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

If Belichick had issues at QB with New England , Atlanta is the same situation really. They have a great young RB for sure , but Atlanta needs offensive weapons at QB and WR help with London there. So the team has nearly the same offensive issues New England had. And well ...we saw how Bill handled that offense and how bad it got.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

The Eagles have become a dumpster fire for the last 7 weeks since they lost 5 of 6 games to end the regular season after a successful 10-1 start in the regular season.
    The embarrassment continued during the playoffs when the Buccanneers demolished the hopeless hapless Eagles in an uncompetitive Wild Card game.
    It's most fitting that the stinky Eagles that stumbled their way into the Playoffs had a very stinky awful performance since the Buccaneers bulldozed the hapless Eagles 32-9 which has the Eagles ending the 2023 NFL season by losing 6 of 7 games.

It would have been realistic for the Eagles to keep the Wild Card game competitive if they had AJ Brown since he is a Julio Jones league WR.
    https://noequipmentfitness.com/
    No Equipment Fitness is my Online Fitness website where you can purchase short no equipment workouts.

Baker Mayfield does pretty well in the playoffs. His only loss is against Mahomes who went on to lose the Super Bowl to the Brady Machine in Tampa. Here are Mayfield's playoff stats:

Starts 3
    Record 2-1
    Completion rate 61.6%
    Yards 804
    TD 7
    INT 1

Things that make you go hmmm. He's the anti-Dak.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

THe Browns have fired their OC Alex Van Pelt and several other Offensive coaching staff members.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Tomlin has announced that he is staying with The Steelers for 2024

Tomlin has announced that he is staying with The Steelers for 2024
    Probably just for the '24 season then?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Probably just for the '24 season then?
    He didnt say anything about beyond then. He just said he will be the head coach for the 2024 season.

He didnt say anything about beyond then. He just said he will be the head coach for the 2024 season.
    I do believe Tomlin’s contract is up after 2024. What happens after that is anybody’s guess.

Eagles fans on social media, and on WIP (Philly’s sportstalk radio station) have been calling for Nick Sirianni’s head on a stick ever since the final whistle in Tampa Monday night. I won’t deny I’ve been part of that drumbeat which has been as relentless as Ringo Starr’s solo in the middle of “Birthday”, but, I don’t think Sirianni is going anywhere. I’m of the opinion that the Birds’ trip to the Super Bowl last season earned Sirianni a grace period for 2024, however, I suspect he’ll be on a short leash, at the very least, both coordinators will have to be replaced, no way we can go into next season with Brian Johnson calling weak ass plays on offense and the Sean Desai/Matt Patricia combo on defense which stunk like day old diapers. If Sirianni objects, then he goes, if he stays, but can’t turn things around, then he goes. Period!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Eagles fans on social media, and on WIP (Philly’s sportstalk radio station) have been calling for Nick Sirianni’s head on a stick ever since the final whistle in Tampa Monday night. I won’t deny I’ve been part of that drumbeat which has been as relentless as Ringo Starr’s solo in the middle of “Birthday”, but, I don’t think Sirianni is going anywhere. I’m of the opinion that the Birds’ trip to the Super Bowl last season earned Sirianni a grace period for 2024, however, I suspect he’ll be on a short leash, at the very least, both coordinators will have to be replaced, no way we can go into next season with Brian Johnson calling weak ass plays on offense and the Sean Desai/Matt Patricia combo on defense which stunk like day old diapers. If Sirianni objects, then he goes, if he stays, but can’t turn things around, then he goes. Period!
    I agree with you I think he stays. But if he has a bad start to next season he is gone quick.