Page 143 of 167 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 2503

Just absolutely unbelievable. I don't know what to say.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

And with that, the Mike McCarthy deathwatch is officially underway. Will an embarrassed Jerrah wield the ax, knowing Darth Hoodie and Mike Vrabel are available?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    And with that, the Mike McCarthy deathwatch is officially underway. Will an embarrassed Jerrah wield the ax, knowing Darth Hoodie and Mike Vrabel are available?
    Every time they showed Jerry in his box he looked pissed as Hell. I think it is only a matter of time before Mike M gets the boot. If we dont hear the announcement by Tuesday I will be shocked as hell.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I know everyone is saying "Oh Bill Belichick will come in...." but the last close person Jones gave complete control , he eventually got irked he didn't have any say. It wasn't Jimmy Johnson , it was years later and Bill Parcells. Parcells had the same big control and was bringing in his players etc.

Jerry Jones got irked he had no control and eventually the Parcells relationship ended (better than Jimmy Johnson one). Belichick is from that same school and he will want control over the team coming in. Jerry and his son (his son has more power) aren't gonna concede power to Belichick in this situation.

Bill wants an owner like Robert Kraft who will let him build the franchise he wants on the field. He won't take the Jones family being more involved. So the Dallas/Belichick talk is one of.....which side gives in on things ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I know everyone is saying "Oh Bill Belichick will come in...." but the last close person Jones gave complete control , he eventually got irked he didn't have any say. It wasn't Jimmy Johnson , it was years later and Bill Parcells. Parcells had the same big control and was bringing in his players etc.

Jerry Jones got irked he had no control and eventually the Parcells relationship ended (better than Jimmy Johnson one). Belichick is from that same school and he will want control over the team coming in. Jerry and his son (his son has more power) aren't gonna concede power to Belichick in this situation.

Bill wants an owner like Robert Kraft who will let him build the franchise he wants on the field. He won't take the Jones family being more involved. So the Dallas/Belichick talk is one of.....which side gives in on things ?
    I dont see Bill going to Dallas. But with that blow out loss I dont see Mike M being the coach by the end of the week. In his radio show talks Jerry would not fully commit to Mike and that was before his team got embarrassed by a man in his first playoff game and a team that a few weeks ago people were thinking would not make it.

No way Mike M survives this.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post

I suspect the only reason Belichick hasn’t up and retired is because he wants Don Shula’s coaching win record, he could get there faster with Dallas than any other team in need of a new top dog, and that would be a feather in Jerrah’s hat as well. Could both men set their bloated egos aside for the sake of a greater cause, that being a Super Bowl win? Who can say, but, it would be a mistake to dismiss such a marriage out of hand.

I've not been super familiar with Love but looks like that pick was super solid. The time he sat out benefited him too. Damn, now they get to rolled by the 9ers, gonna be a good one.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Let's go Stafford.
    You bet yer ass.

Lions 21-17 at the half. This game has been pretty lively.

LaRoche Focault said, "It is not enough to win, your foes use lose." No truer words as the Jerries go down in ignominious defeat.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

The Lions defense is completely gassed.

Lots to consider here. The Rams kicker has been pretty bad this season.

And Goff is terrible under pressure.
    Last edited by Robotman; 01-14-2024 at 08:48 PM.

Haha just as I post that the Lions defense makes a huge stop (though it was pass interference) and Goff comes through.

Lions win 24-23, their first playoff win in little over three decades. Good for them.

McVey got his knee caps bitten. I knew somebody was gonna get they ass surprised in a loss, figured it would be LA. Good on the Lions though. It's been too long and this is one of there more rounded Detroit teams they've had. A good team.
    You bet yer ass.

Well I am a Rams fan, and it is disappointing to see them lose, but the fact that this team even made it to the playoffs was a pure blessing. Best to Detroit and Goff as they move on to the Divisional playoffs and most likely on from there to the Divisional Championship.

McVay kept this team together and made it into the playoffs through a buttload of diversity. Probably his most impressive season honestly, despite going out tonight.

First playoff win for the Lions since the Wayne Fontes and Jimmy Johnson era. Wow.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 01-14-2024 at 09:19 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.