Page 162 of 167 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 2503

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Should have taken the points
    In a close game like this I would have taken the points. That came back to haunt them.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Ultimate Member

2 minute warning and 49ers up by 10. Game over and 49ers on to the Super Bowl 34 to 31.
    Last edited by LoganAlpha30X33; 01-28-2024 at 07:49 PM.

So I guess last week was just a bad game for Purdy.

So who wears red in the SB?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

And that is that. Detroit gave it their best effort, but came up short, and the Niners win 34-31.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    In a close game like this I would have taken the points. That came back to haunt them.
    Campbell gambled too many times.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I blame Skip for breathing wrong. I cant stand that guy lol
    Ha! I liked Skip when he was with Shannon. But he should understand there is no shame to admit that Patrick Mahomes is the greatest quarterback of OUR time. He won't though.

We have officially hit worse case scenario for Raiders fans
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Exactly that. People will argue that was Campbell’s stock in trade and he wasn’t about to change, regardless of the stage he was on. But, that’s a bogus argument, the best coaches adapt to game time situations and change their strategy when warranted, Campbell didn’t, and that cost him.

To be fair to Dan "Gamble", it's hard to know when to do what. His aggressiveness got the Lions this far, unfortunately the kneecaps bit back today. I think he will admit that he would have done things differently if he could. He relied a bit too much on analytics, but he's still a good coach.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 01-28-2024 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    And that is that. Detroit gave it their best effort, but came up short, and the Niners win 34-31.
    Detroit did not keep the pressure up in the second half. They got over confident in the third quarter and SF, having been here before, took advantage. At this level, one little let down can kill you.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Guys maybe ….it was Bobby Layne. His curse continues another year…
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I saw the headline of an article over on SI.com that was about Dan Campbell doesn't regret his 4th down calls. Talk about being full of crap. YOUR TEAM LOST! If you don't have regrets about your failed decisions, then clearly you lack a sense of self-awareness.

Doesn't excuse the other aspects of the Lions falling apart with the lead but still his gambles didn't work, there has to be some regret since the Lions wake up today packing their bags to go home instead of going to the Taylor Bowl.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I saw the headline of an article over on SI.com that was about Dan Campbell doesn't regret his 4th down calls. Talk about being full of crap. YOUR TEAM LOST! If you don't have regrets about your failed decisions, then clearly you lack a sense of self-awareness.

Doesn't excuse the other aspects of the Lions falling apart with the lead but still his gambles didn't work, there has to be some regret since the Lions wake up today packing their bags to go home instead of going to the Taylor Bowl.

Everyone knows it was Bobby Layne working through Dan Campbell here. Layne was like..."Time to make sure they don't make it..."
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

While I think Campbell made some mistakes, on Sports Radio, they pointed out that three drops on good passes on big plays also did in Detroit. And that insane almost interception that turned into a first and goal was big. It turned into a one score game either could win, and misses by the Lions ended up deciding it.

Rex Ryan laid into Harbaugh today for a bad game plan. Jackson from the shotgun too many times, taking away those quick runs. Leaving Kelce man on man. He pointed out that the Ravens didn't play the same way they had during the season.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 01-29-2024 at 06:34 AM.

Even though Lamar Jackson looks to be the favorite to win league MVP, I think it’s safe to say he cemented his reputation as a postseason choke artist after last night’s debacle. With a trip to the Super Bowl on the line, and playing against perhaps the weakest incarnation of the Chiefs during the Andy Reid/Patrick Mahomes era, for Jackson to have put up just ten points was straight up inexcusable. Sure, that Zay Flowers fumble on the goal line was debilitating, but Jackson made his fair share of blunders, like that horrible end zone interception where he inexplicably threw into the teeth of a triple team. After last night, can anyone trust Jackson to go far in the playoffs ever again?