Page 163 of 167 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167 LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 2503
    Ultimate Member

Mahomes is pretty much in a class of his own now.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Yup! This will make his fourth trip to the Super Bowl in the six seasons he’s been a starter. And if Dee Ford hadn’t jumped offsides against New England in the 2019 AFC championship, it would be five trips. While everyone gushes over Tom Brady, if Mahomes maintains his excellent level of play over say, the next decade and wins another two or three rings, he could be seen as the greatest quarterback ever.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Yup! This will make his fourth trip to the Super Bowl in the six seasons he’s been a starter. And if Dee Ford hadn’t jumped offsides against New England in the 2019 AFC championship, it would be five trips. While everyone gushes over Tom Brady, if Mahomes maintains his excellent level of play over say, the next decade and wins another two or three rings, he could be seen as the greatest quarterback ever.
    The only thing that hurts Mahomes in terms of narrative v Brady right now is his lack of a peer. Brady had his duels with Manning that made for must see television, of the kind that could be circled on the calendar the day the schedule came out. Currently Mahomes doesn't have anyone that close to him, much less someone that we know he will play twice a year - once in the season and again in the playoffs. Give him that, and his story would eclipse all others.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The only thing that hurts Mahomes in terms of narrative v Brady right now is his lack of a peer. Brady had his duels with Manning that made for must see television, of the kind that could be circled on the calendar the day the schedule came out. Currently Mahomes doesn't have anyone that close to him, much less someone that we know he will play twice a year - once in the season and again in the playoffs. Give him that, and his story would eclipse all others.
    He had a good rivalry with Burrow building up before Burrow got hurt. I would like to see that take off. But as much as I love Cincy and Burrow Burrow is not up to Maholmes level. Thought he did beat him in an AFC Championship game.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Lamar Jackson

Positive part is, I think the Manning comparisons are not completely without merit, it takes time and Lamar is on his way. Only thing is Jackson has Mahomes's success on top of him and Jackson is going to struggle with Burrow as he's gotten to the top too. Also, there are a couple young QB's, the AFC is heavy with them, that are going to be making strides on running down in comparisons to what Lamar can do. It won't get easier and it shouldn't but he's still got a ways to go, the comfort he and this team showed in the divisional was gone yesterday. The interception in the end zone was deflating. Idk, three quarters of Divisional Josh Allen looked better than a whole AFCCG from Lamar.

Zay Flowers

THAT dude... he should get 3x the Bunks. I don't wanna hear the name Zay again for a while. Look like the steps Jackson took this season in leadership, NEEDS TO KEEP HAPPENING. Flowers is young but that ain't no excuse, that clown needs to sit the first half of the '24 opening game for that bs. too many vets on this team, Lamar got his TE back only to have Zay pull that siht AND the Chefs was thumbing the Ravens in eye even before kick-off... They took them off of their spot for real, doesn't happen like that a lot. THat was on Harbaugh too, who was outcoahed as well, Monken decided to throw the Ravens into the Superbowl and that plan was waay out of place. That was an embarrassing loss.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post

Positive part is, I think the Manning comparisons are not completely without merit, it takes time and Lamar is on his way. Only thing is Jackson has Mahomes's success on top of him and Jackson is going to struggle with Burrow as he's gotten to the top too. Also, there are a couple young QB's, the AFC is heavy with them, that are going to be making strides on running down in comparisons to what Lamar can do. It won't get easier and it shouldn't but he's still got a ways to go, the comfort he and this team showed in the divisional was gone yesterday. The interception in the end zone was deflating.

THAT dude... he should get 3x the Bunks. I don't wanna hear the name Zay again for a while. Look like the steps Jackson took this season in leadership, NEEDS TO KEEP HAPPENING. Flowers is young but that ain't no excuse, that clown needs to sit the first half of the '24 opening game for that bs. too many vets on this team, Lamar got his TE back only to have Zay pull that siht AND the Chefs was thumbing the Ravens in eye even before kick-off... They took them off of their spot for real, doesn't happen like that a lot. THat was on Harbaugh too, who was outcoahed as well, Monken decided to throw the Ravens into the Superbowl and that plan was waay out of place. That was an embarrassing loss.
    Considering everything that had been said about Lamar recently, I must confess I expected more from him.

I know it's been said to death but man, I expected more from Lamar.

Ford Field should host an alternative super bowl event the night of the game. Offer free tickets. Free food. Invite local bands, singers, comedians.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Speaking of Detroit, offensive coordinator Ben Johnson informed the Seahawks and Cobra Commanders he was staying in Detroit another season. Intent on another year of not bringing a. Championship to Detroit.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Speaking of Detroit, offensive coordinator Ben Johnson informed the Seahawks and Cobra Commanders he was staying in Detroit another season. Intent on another year of not bringing a. Championship to Detroit.
    Speaking of coaching interviews, I read that Bill Belichick stated that (at least at his age) that no job was better than taking a bad one.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Yes he is. Never seen anything quite like him before. Could possibly end up as the greatest of all time.

Seahawks are hiring Ravens DC Mike Macdonald as their new head coach.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Seahawks are hiring Ravens DC Mike Macdonald as their new head coach.
    So I guess that leaves just Washington. And since it appears Bill Belichick is out of the running, might Mike Vrabel get a looksee, or will the team opt for a younger coach or up and coming coordinator like McDonald?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

So I guess that leaves just Washington. And since it appears Bill Belichick is out of the running, might Mike Vrabel get a looksee, or will the team opt for a younger coach or up and coming coordinator like McDonald?
    I wonder if Bill didnt take a job because he figures the Cowboys will be open after the next season. Or maybe he thinks Nick S in on the hottest of hot seats in Philly and maybe is eyeing that job?

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Commanders fans are worried they're going to end up with Dan Quinn. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Commanders fans are worried they're going to end up with Dan Quinn. LOL.
    You know, I really think Adam Gase deserves another chance to do press interviews with those googly eyes of his. Washington should take a serious look at him. Do it for the fans!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.