Page 2 of 167 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

What is up with Parsons and how he keeps hitting Dak in training camp. He has been warned more than once to stop putting his hands on Dak but he keeps doing it and Mike M spoke out about it and how Parsons is the number 1 violator of the dont hit the qb in practice rule by far.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

So several Commander players have gone to Coach Rivera over concerns of Eric Bieniemy's intensity, some players saying that he is too hard on them.

THe rumor is that a few players even asked what right Eric B has to be so intense and act so high and mighty with them when he hasnt proven anything because the KC offense was Maholmes and Reid.
    Last edited by babyblob; 08-08-2023 at 02:02 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

That is a culture issue in Washington. You have a team that has not had any real success in forever and they have an OC that is driving them and trying to make them better and they are yelling that he is working them too hard.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    So several Commander players have gone to Coach Rivera over concerns of Eric Bieniemy's intensity, some players saying that he is too hard on them.

THe rumor is that a few players even asked what right Eric B has to be so intense and act so high and mighty with them when he hasnt proven anything because the KC offense was Maholmes and Reid.
    They’re not wrong. Some, if not most say that accusation explains why Bieniemy has yet to land a head coaching job, still, going behind his back to Rivera was low class on the part of the players. As for coaching, it can’t be easy to find a balance between Club Med and Parris Island when it comes to how hard to push the players in training camp without burning them out before the crushing grind that’s the 17 game regular season.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 08-09-2023 at 01:18 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    In official NFL consideration, it is the regular season as all CBA terms for the regular season in terms of pay, injury settlements/status etc. apply. And rosters can fluctuate once the games that count start as well, so I'll lean towards the official designation of the season having started rather than not.

-M

I missed this...sorry I don't see this as the regular season and really I only post news in the off-season n preseason one. Because again the fact were seeing teams still sign left over free agents , preseason games....PRESEASON still have weeks of play to do and training camps.

Once the final preseason game rings done , I'll post whatever news here and be ready for the regular season. But its a big difference caring for meaningless preseason games you hope starters stay healthy in vs regular season games where wins matter.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Fantastic Member

What do you guys think of colin cowherd's incentive and controversial remarks about Dwyane Haskins?

On his show, he was talking about QBs who were drafted over the last ten years, basically dividing them up by ones who can win a superbowl and ones who can't. He eventually got to Dwyane Haskins, who passed away last year, and commented that he can't win it. That comment landed Colin in a bit of hot water.

I mean, I guess it's the truth and a fact that a dead man can not lead a team to a superbowl victory. But, it was distasteful. I wonder if he or his crew will be issuing an apology?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbi View Post
    What do you guys think of colin cowherd's incentive and controversial remarks about Dwyane Haskins?

On his show, he was talking about QBs who were drafted over the last ten years, basically dividing them up by ones who can win a superbowl and ones who can't. He eventually got to Dwyane Haskins, who passed away last year, and commented that he can't win it. That comment landed Colin in a bit of hot water.

I mean, I guess it's the truth and a fact that a dead man can not lead a team to a superbowl victory. But, it was distasteful. I wonder if he or his crew will be issuing an apology?
    I dont know why someone would bring up someone who has died in that kind of conversation. I am sure he meant if Haskins had lived he didnt think he could have won one, but why bring him up in that regrad anyway? No need to even bring him up. Not pissed or anything, just wondering what he thought he had to gain by doing it.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I dont know why someone would bring up someone who has died in that kind of conversation. I am sure he meant if Haskins had lived he didnt think he could have won one, but why bring him up in that regrad anyway? No need to even bring him up. Not pissed or anything, just wondering what he thought he had to gain by doing it.
    To get people talking about him. Better bad press than no press.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Packers and Bengals had a joint practice today. I am looking forward to the game Friday but am looking forward to it more to see how much the Packers play Love than by anything my Bengals are going to do. I am really hoping that Love has a great year.

Burrow was on the sideline at the practice today just chilling and laughing with the guys.

CJ Stroud is starting tonight vs The Pats.

Baker Starting on Friday for the Bucs. Which with who else they have is a no brainer.

Fantastic Member

As a whole do you guys feel the AFC or the NFC is better this year? Like if they played a real probowl, who would you put your money on?

Fantastic Member

Packers and Bengals had a joint practice today. I am looking forward to the game Friday but am looking forward to it more to see how much the Packers play Love than by anything my Bengals are going to do. I am really hoping that Love has a great year.

Burrow was on the sideline at the practice today just chilling and laughing with the guys.
    Steelers and Bills used to do that every year in the small town I was from. When I was a child, I remember watching a kid give an nfl player a card to sign, then moments later realizing he handed the player the wrong card. So, the player signed a card that wasn't even his, lol.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbi View Post
    As a whole do you guys feel the AFC or the NFC is better this year? Like if they played a real probowl, who would you put your money on?
    I feel the competition is better in the AFC this year, but I actually think they’re likely about even in terms of overall player quality (as usual.)

The AFC definitely rolls deeper in terms of high quality QBs, and since QBs are the biggest “force multipliers” a team can have, several top and even just dangerous AFC teams would likely run over most NFC teams… but the NFC rosters tend to run towards feast-or famine, with the 49ers and Eagles both having dangerous overall squads, the Rams the remnant of one, and the Cowboys having most of their clout created by theirs, so the NFC’s fewer elite teams would likely handle all the AFC’s scrubs and win “wars of attrition” against many of the top teams as well.

I still think the AFC champion will be more “battle tested” going into the Super Bowl, but the NFC champion is likely to yet again show up with a more highly regarded overall roster.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

With Aaron Rodgers going to the AFC, I feel that tips the balance to the AFC side of things as being the strongest. If there was any doubt anyhow. The AFC already had Mahomes, Burrows, Herbert, Jackson and Allen. The NFC has ... Hurts and Lawrence?

Defensively, its more even, but the AFC still has the edge.

Just having the Cowboys makes the NFC weaker though. A floundering ship sinks all boats.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    With Aaron Rodgers going to the AFC, I feel that tips the balance to the AFC side of things as being the strongest. If there was any doubt anyhow. The AFC already had Mahomes, Burrows, Herbert, Jackson and Allen. The NFC has ... Hurts and Lawrence?

Defensively, its more even, but the AFC still has the edge.

Just having the Cowboys makes the NFC weaker though. A floundering ship sinks all boats.
    Lawrence and the Jags are actually also in the AFC.

Right now, the best (established) quarterbacks in the NFC are likely Hurts, Stafford (who might be on his last legs and is just coming back from an injury), Goff (very good but usually considered dependent on good coaching), Cousins (the “par” QB of the NFL), Prescott (Cousins with better branding and a heavier reliance on the run game), and Carr (a true gunslinger in the “runs hot and cold style”). Murray is out for most of the season, and Fields could be a major threat if he grows, while Geno Smith and whoever the 49ers QB will be are heavily dependent on the team and coaching being lethally good.

So I think the AFC likely has an edge because it has the healthiest string of proven elite quarterbacks, while the NFC honestly has quite a view who would be interesting to gamble on.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP