Page 3 of 167 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

The AFC has it hands down on offense and it isnt even close. There is not QB in the NFC that compares to the ones in the AFC.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I was hoping to see more more Love last night in But after he threw a TD there really wasnt point to keep him in a preseason game.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Denver took a 10-0 lead against Arizona into the half, but the Cardinals came back to win 18-17 on a late two-point conversion (Why play for a tie in preseason?). I'm reading ESPN's analysis of this game and I'm like... someone who didn't watch the game wrote their game summary.

- Article says Arizona moved former 1st round pick Isaiah Simmons from safety to linebacker... the opposite is true, he's playing center field in Jonathan Gannon's new defense.
    - Fails to mention Sean Payton left Russell Wilson in for the Broncos until the mid second quarter, and his one TD drive in his "solid performance" was against the Cardinals' second stringers.
    - Arizona only played Colt McCoy for all of 4 passes, and then went to rookie 5th round QB Clayton Tune for a loooooong stretch. He threw a pick, then settled down and was alright.
    - Both defenses looked good, especially in the first half. Offenses both didn't look ready for action.
    - Arizona's offense in particular, had backup offense linemen blowing drives with penalties.

Only injuries of note were one player on each team looked at for concussions. Both backups.

The article does mention the Broncos had a 55 yard FG at the half, but missed two others and had a third FG blocked. Matt Prater missed a kick for Arizona and accidentally squib-kicked on a kickoff. (He's getting less reliable in old age).
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Also Burrow was seen doing some pre game throws. And there is no movement on his time table to return. But he said he felt good throwing yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Also Burrow was seen doing some pre game throws. And there is no movement on his time table to return. But he said he felt good throwing yesterday.
    I think it is likely he's still ready for the season opener.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I think it is likely he's still ready for the season opener.
    I think he will be as well. Was worried they were going to rush him but so far from all reports he is recovering really well.

The Jets and Broncos are the two biggest teams that have to perform. Both making huge off season moves. Jets getting Rodgers and some people to help him and THe Broncos getting Peyton. Expectations for both teams are sky high. I am kind of hoping both fail even though I like Peyton.

It may just be me but I dont think Wilson looked as good as everyone said he did against the Cardinals.

My number 2 team the Saints came back with a last second FG win over the Chiefs.

I know it is only preseason but man is it great to watch football again.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I know this doesn't count jack squat, but the Ravens won their 24th straight preseason game after a 20-19 win over my Eagles Saturday night. Can't figure that out even a little, but then, is there a reason I should? I mean, we're only talking preseason after all.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Anthony Richardson has been named Coots Started QB beating out Minshew for the spot. No real surprise there. They were never going to let hi sit a year and learn.

Fantastic Member

Steelers 1st team looked really good against Buffalo. Of course, their offense committing 5 penalties may have helped.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbi View Post
    Steelers 1st team looked really good against Buffalo. Of course, their offense committing 5 penalties may have helped.
    I also saw Damar Hamlin of the Bills was playing. He was all over the field for them and made a couple of tackles.

I just read an article that Dak is having a bad training camp. Bad throws and into double coverage. Ugh. Not good for my Cowboys.

Quote Originally Posted by cable guy View Post
    I just read an article that Dak is having a bad training camp. Bad throws and into double coverage. Ugh. Not good for my Cowboys.
    He has thrown an Int in pretty much every day of practice from the reports I hear. I think it is going to be a rough year for America's Team

Extraordinary Member

My suspicion about the Cowboys is that they’re about to regret replacing Kelley Moore with Mike McCarthy in play calling.

Moore likely had his flaws, but he was Dak’s original coordinator and *did* consistently have a good offensive stats whenever injuries didn’t shut down the Cowboys’ O. McCarthy, in contrast, had his best performance with prime Aaron Rodgers, *and* left the Packers after growing obsolete in play calling.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP