Page 4 of 167 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Mike Tomlin says that the Steelers starters will play on Thursday against the Falcons. Wow, I am not sure I agree with that. I guess he doesn't want them to sit for a couple weeks and get cold. What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbi View Post
    Mike Tomlin says that the Steelers starters will play on Thursday against the Falcons. Wow, I am not sure I agree with that. I guess he doesn't want them to sit for a couple weeks and get cold. What do you guys think?
    Who would anyone be to judge the coaching decisions of a guy who, every year, like clockwork, finishes with a record above .500?

It's his process, and his track record says it works. Consistently.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Who would anyone be to judge the coaching decisions of a guy who, every year, like clockwork, finishes with a record above .500?

It's his process, and his track record says it works. Consistently.
    I'm not a Tomlin hater by any means, however there are things you can knock him for. For example, he has three playoff game wins in the last 10 years, zero since 2016. Given some of the teams he has had, that is unacceptable.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbi View Post
    Playing starters in the preseason is a hard decision for head coaches. Teams want to get their starters ready for the regular season, but, at the same time, avoid the risk of injury that could possibly derail a season before it even begins. Id’d say most teams opt for bubble wrapping their first teamers and hope there isn’t much rust on them when the games count, which is why week one is often a train wreck across the league.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

It is a huge risk. Look what happened in the Pats/Packers game. A man motionless and had to be carted off the field. Lucky he looks like he is going to be okay but things can go south at any time
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

The Bucs officially name Baker Mayfield as the week 1 starter. He is the veteran so I am not shocked by this. In that division he could really come out and shine and rebuild his shattered career. But I really dont see that happening.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    The Bucs officially name Baker Mayfield as the week 1 starter. He is the veteran so I am not shocked by this. In that division he could really come out and shine and rebuild his shattered career. But I really dont see that happening.
    No way this is permanent. Look for this to be a short term answer until the Bucs draft their quarterback of the future.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

The 49ers have officially named Sam Darnold as their backup making Trey Lance the number 3 guy. 49ers just need to cut bait on this guy. I mean in team they all ready have they just need to trade him off at this point.

The 49ers have officially named Sam Darnold as their backup making Trey Lance the number 3 guy. 49ers just need to cut bait on this guy. I mean in team they all ready have they just need to trade him off at this point.
    The way they go through QBs in the regular season, I would hang on to him as he might be starting by week 8. The churn of QBs is how and why Purdy got the opportunity to emerge when no one thought he was anything. Lance could well get a similar opportunity with the SF QB injury churn.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

I am making a couple of NFL predictions.

First The AFC North will have 3 teams in the playoffs. The Bengals will make it to the AFC Championship game and will get their revenge on KC making it back to the Super Bowl.

In New York The Jets will make the wild card and get bounced in the first round. Rodgers will go full meltdown and threaten to retired unless his buddy Nat Hackett is named the New Head Coach. So next Year Hackett will be the jets head coach.

This will not be the year the Broncos get right as they fail to make the playoffs.

Dak will once again lead the NFL in INT and Jones will move off of him at the end of the year as he already does not have faith in him. (Did anyone here the interview where he said he was thinking of drafting Hurts if he dropped low enough) The only reason to say that to reporters is to tell your QB in a very public way that he is not happy with him.

Got to wonder if The Pats have an awful year (which they will) will this be Bills last year?

I hope so. Love the guy. It is just not 2013 anymore.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Got to wonder if The Pats have an awful year (which they will) will this be Bills last year?

I hope so. Love the guy. It is just not 2013 anymore.
    Bill is so close to breaking Shulas win record that he can do it in the next few seasons. I think it will take a really bad year for him to step down or Kraft to fire him.

Colt McCoy has been released by the Cardinals.

...In New York The Jets will make the wild card...
    Loved that they beat the G-Men the other day. Tbh I've never been much of a Rodgers fan (except of course when I've had him on fantasy teams), but I have to admit it's exciting to have him on the J-E-T-S! It's going to be a fun season

Colt McCoy has been released by the Cardinals.
    With Kyler Murray on the PUP list until Week 5. Your opening day starter will be either rookie Clayton "Toon-Town" Tune, or Josh "I somehow ended up in a worse place than Cleveland?" Dobbs.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.