Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Fantastic Member butterfingers158's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    That would be a Superman that deliberately went close to the sun to charge himself up
    He's not sundipped, he moved closer to the sun but he didn't get the distinct orange glow of a sundipped Kryptonian.

BANNED

Just to be clear I'm not saying the PZ projector is or is not more durable then whatever material a planet is made of, I just didn't know if we'd been shown any sign of how hard/easy it was to destroy. Though a lack of durability feats besides "destroyed by Superman" isn't much better.

Quote Originally Posted by butterfingers158 View Post
    He's not sundipped, he moved closer to the sun but he didn't get the distinct orange glow of a sundipped Kryptonian.
    Is Superman specifically noting he is moving closer to the sun because he otherwise lacks the power to do what he needed to do? If so, then he might not be specifically sundipping, but he still is in an amped stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    How do we know how durable Phantom Zone projectors are? Especially ones that big?
    We don't; but unless specified or shown to have shrugged off something that would at least damage a planet, or made by a guy who is known to make supremely durable things of that size and weight, then it really isn't right to say it is as durable as a planet. It is nowhere near as heavy as evident by the fact that Wonder Woman was able to carry it around, so it is highly unlikely it is at that level.

Post crisis he never cooked a planet. He used heat vision to bathe the planet in heat and raise the temperature a few degree's. It was only a few degree's, but this was the entire planet, so that would take an insane amount of energy to globally change the temperature. Problem is, he was amped for that.
    The fuck is with screwattack then? They used that scan in question to say he can destroy a planet with heat vision when he not only did no damage to it, but was amped for it as well? The hell?

He did use heat vision to power engines that were strong enough to move a planet larger then Earth. He was also shown hurting someone with HV, the very same person that Supergirls own HV had been far less effective on. That was right around the time he LOL nope'd the theory that Supergirl was stronger then he was.
    See now THAT is evidence of having Heat vision that is powerful enough to wreck a planet.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

He still went deliberately close to the sun to power himself up.

It's kind of the point of him flying to the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    JuIs Superman specifically noting he is moving closer to the sun because he otherwise lacks the power to do what he needed to do? If so, then he might not be specifically sundipping, but he still is in an amped stage.
    He specifically goes close to the sun to perform the feat.

Edit: I'm also sure where this whole "Superman's heat vision can destroy a planet" even comes from.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Edit: I'm also sure where this whole "Superman's heat vision can destroy a planet" even comes from.
    For me it was from Screwattack who apparently used a scan out of context. I mean they botched the deathbattle pretty badly but still, that feels like something they botched on purpose..
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    For me it was from Screwattack who apparently used a scan out of context. I mean they botched the deathbattle pretty badly but still, that feels like something they botched on purpose..
    Meh, there is no point in bringing stuff from other sites here.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped

Meh, there is no point in bringing stuff from other sites here.
    I know, and I don't mean to. It still feels kind of right for him to be at though. Especially the event that Surtur brought up:

He did use heat vision to power engines that were strong enough to move a planet larger then Earth. He was also shown hurting someone with HV, the very same person that Supergirls own HV had been far less effective on. That was right around the time he LOL nope'd the theory that Supergirl was stronger then he was.
    I'd say that would put him at least somewhere around small planet busting with it.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    I'd say that would put him at least somewhere around small planet busting with it.
    Not really.

It just means he can power up big engines with his vision.

I mean, you can literally put Earth in the middle of the Sun and it wouldn't get destroyed.

Fantastic Member butterfingers158's Avatar

He still went deliberately close to the sun to power himself up.

It's kind of the point of him flying to the sun.
    As far as I can recall, he has never been explicitly powered up except when he actually goes inside the sun(or gets blasted by Apollo). Going closer to the sun just recharges his solar reserves faster.

Not that it matters in the context of this rumble, Batman and Catwoman are still both vaporized even if Supes is out of juice after.

As far as I can recall, he has never been explicitly powered up except when he actually goes inside the sun(or gets blasted by Apollo). Going closer to the sun just recharges his solar reserves faster.
    Nope. Post Crisis also got a boost just by being close. Like when Darkseid punched him into space, he got a sunlight boost just by being there and came back down and dragged him to the Source Wall.

Really, it's his power source.

Being near it powers him up.

Hell, it always power him up. That's his stated super power.

Him specifically going close to the sun to power up a giant portal with his heat vision is pretty self-explanatory.
    Last edited by Hazard; 09-09-2014 at 04:29 PM.

BANNED

It's a moot point. The fight takes place in Australia and Superman doesn't get any prep.

Incidentally, has it ever been used in stories how Superman in theory should be stronger when earth's orbit takes it closer to the sun?

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Nope. Post Crisis also got a boost just by being close. Like when Darkseid punched him into space, he got a sunlight boost just by being there and came back down and dragged him to the Source Wall.

Really, it's his power source.

Being near it powers him up.

Hell, it always power him up. That's his stated super power.

Him specifically going close to the sun to power up a giant portal with his heat vision is pretty self-explanatory.
    That was just in the movie, not in the comic. In the comic, Darkseid never punched Clark into space. Superman instead dragged Darkseid's ass to the sun to sun dip and lay a harder beatdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    That was just in the movie, not in the comic. In the comic, Darkseid never punched Clark into space. Superman instead dragged Darkseid's ass to the sun to sun dip and lay a harder beatdown.
    Just checked. You're right. That said, Superman never goes into the sun so the point stands.

Huh, the movie handled it better.