Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by butterfingers158 View Post
    Action Comics #34
    From eye balling it that scene seems to be from pre-flash yes? If so then I kind of take back what I said as I recall Superman having heat vision that could cook a planet(not an instant kill or anything but still something).
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Fantastic Member butterfingers158's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Somebody else mentioned another encounter with kryptonite that left Clark dying on the ground - I haven't seen it, though.
    In Morrison's Action Comics run (#6),a tesseract containing 100% of the Kryptonite on Earth burst in his brain. It screwed him up obviously, but he survived long enough for the Legion of Superheroes to get it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    From eye balling it that scene seems to be from pre-flash yes? If so then I kind of take back what I said as I recall Superman having heat vision that could cook a planet(not an instant kill or anything but still something).

No it's from the New 52, it's part of DOOMED

No it's from the New 52, it's part of DOOMED
    Was anything on the receiving end of that blast? If so what was the result?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome-X View Post
    Batman could probably defeat Superman with two years of prep. As long as Superman is in character and doesn't get prep.
    Nobody is ever in character in these things. Superman's one and only goal is to kill Batman and Catwoman as quick and effectively as possible.

Was anything on the receiving end of that blast? If so what was the result?

It was used to overcharge the Phantom Zone projector to create a portal large enough to swallow Earth (Brainiac managed to stop the portal though)

It was used to overcharge the Phantom Zone projector to create a portal large enough to swallow Earth (Brainiac managed to stop the portal though)
    Wouldn't be as durable as a planet...and no where near as big as Wonder Woman is carrying it and we can see her just fine. But I could see it taking out a moon...maybe...if left on to cook it that is. Doesn't seem like his heat vision is all that impressive as of yet. Compared to his Pre-Flash counterpart I mean.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    When it was revealed, on The View no less, it killed any hope I had at Jason Aaron keeping the awesome train rolling.

Unsurprisingly, it killed my drive to read comics in general.

But I keep being told "Wonder Thorwoman" is a good thing. By people who weren't into comics until the movies came out. Which is awesome no mistaking that. But it's kind of pissing in the eyes of the people who were reading comics when comic book movies were but a shadow of an idea.
    I fail to see what's so bad about it. The Thor mantle was taken by other characters long before the movies after all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    When it was revealed, on The View no less, it killed any hope I had at Jason Aaron keeping the awesome train rolling.

Unsurprisingly, it killed my drive to read comics in general.

But I keep being told "Wonder Thorwoman" is a good thing. By people who weren't into comics until the movies came out. Which is awesome no mistaking that. But it's kind of pissing in the eyes of the people who were reading comics when comic book movies were but a shadow of an idea.
    Well, I've been reading comics for almost 40 years, and I think it's a fantastic idea.

BANNED

If you're going to delete his post, delete the responses too. -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    If you're going to delete his post, delete the responses too. -_-
    Who are you talking about?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Action Comics #34
    That would be a Superman that deliberately went close to the sun to charge himself up

Actually, it managed to swallow up a good chunk of Brainiac's Super Fish.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

BANNED

Who are you talking about?
    Never mind, I thought Cthulhu's post was deleted earlier.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Okay, um, is this taking place in Australia suppose to somehow make it less of a stomp?
    Nah, I just like to mix things up.

BANNED

The important thing is Superman has now made Cyclop's "get off my lawn" feat look like a little bitch in comparison.

Wouldn't be as durable as a planet...
    How do we know how durable Phantom Zone projectors are? Especially ones that big?

Post crisis he never cooked a planet. He used heat vision to bathe the planet in heat and raise the temperature a few degree's. It was only a few degree's, but this was the entire planet, so that would take an insane amount of energy to globally change the temperature. Problem is, he was amped for that.

He did use heat vision to power engines that were strong enough to move a planet larger then Earth. He was also shown hurting someone with HV, the very same person that Supergirls own HV had been far less effective on. That was right around the time he LOL nope'd the theory that Supergirl was stronger then he was.
    Last edited by Surtur; 09-09-2014 at 11:13 AM.