Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Nimrod immediately called it out. The only one vouching was Stasis... and the rest of Orchis was just "oh ok... I guess."
    That’s equally stupid as well though. Why do people keep on putting Sinister on councils?!

Also I meant more of why Jean would think it’s a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    That’s equally stupid as well though. Why do people keep on putting Sinister on councils?!

that too.... what if any plan did Jean have?

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    that too.... what if any plan did Jean have?
    She didnt have a plan. Ya'll are acting like she had a whole lot of time to strategize. Her physical body was dying and she was struggling to use her powers to act fast. She came up with this within the span of probably 2 minutes. She didnt really have time and likely thought it up on the spot bc Firestar was right next to her.

If Kitty wants to kill Firestar, wouldn't she have stuck a sword in her rather than a kick to the head?

I was hoping this story would last longer. Angelica has barely had any time to get Intel. Or at least they've not shown her on panel do so.

We shouldn't underestimate Firestar btw. She's battled far more powerful opponents and won. Though obviously she would never kill Kitty or try to harm her. That's the problem here.
    Last edited by kevlon; 08-05-2023 at 12:12 AM.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Firestar has at least 3 mutants that will hunt her down, as seen here Shadowkat, we know Rogue said she Firestar needs to watch her back as she will hunt her down and we saw the cover of Juggernaut fighting her.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Orchis said something about they'd kill a human if a mutant came back to Earth, kill 10 humans if another mutant returned, etc. So considering mutants are still CLEARLY on Earth (Iceman most noticeably), why isn't Orchis following through on that threat?

Quote Originally Posted by Bozack View Post
    Orchis said something about they'd kill a human if a mutant came back to Earth, kill 10 humans if another mutant returned, etc. So considering mutants are still CLEARLY on Earth (Iceman most noticeably), why isn't Orchis following through on that threat?
    Now that Xavier thinks that him mindcontrolling mutants to walk through the gates is not saving their lives by sending to another planet but killing them outright, it doesn't really serve to use that threat to get him to do stuff anymore.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So Kamala decides against getting physically involved and just reporting Mutants being attacked? Does that even matter at this point?

Fisk is getting pretty chummy with a woman that is not his wife and hates his guts.

So how badly is Kitty going to beat up Angelica? I doubt she's going to find out the truth here but if she doesn't finish the job she'll probably try again.

"In hindsight diamond heels and being practically topless was a bad idea for going underground."
    Kamala is undercover at an orchis run school in her mini so she can't attack them without exposing herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She didnt have a plan. Ya'll are acting like she had a whole lot of time to strategize. Her physical body was dying and she was struggling to use her powers to act fast. She came up with this within the span of probably 2 minutes. She didnt really have time and likely thought it up on the spot bc Firestar was right next to her.
    Did she not say she could modify their minds but we have to be better then that hence Firestar

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Did she not say she could modify their minds but we have to be better then that hence Firestar
    Yeah that bit with Jean at the Hellfire Gala was a bit too much. Like it's consistent with how Duggan has been writing Jean but I think it stretches credibility... my enemies are massacring my friends and literally liquefying my body but hey, we need to be morally superior! I think there are times for that kind of thinking and that particular Hellfire Gala wasn't one of them in my opinion.

They were saying if any of the mutants that Xavier forced through gates come back then they'll kill humans. Technically Kitty nor Iceman went through gates so they're considered "wanted" at this time.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

It's admittedly weird. Did Orchis have a census on who exactly passed through the gates ? One of the plotholes on the Gala for now. I hope Gillen fixed that.

As I recall, Orchis already "revealed" that the mutants had poisoned the medicine and promised to deliver untainted medicine themselves.
    So, if they start killing humans now they would be the ones getting the blame.

Did they not threaten Xavier by saying every mutant left on earth they'll kill 10 to the power of that maybe mutants left

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    It's admittedly weird. Did Orchis have a census on who exactly passed through the gates ? One of the plotholes on the Gala for now. I hope Gillen fixed that.
    They had a number of robots or robot-people on site when it happened so it's not unbelievable that they actually do have a census LOL