Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I'm actually picking up this title monthly again post the HFG. I really enjoyed Duggan's Marauders and always felt it was the main "x-team" till the original HFG. There are some rush, redundancy, and cliches but the FoX feels exciting. I remember pretty much everything from AvX to HoX being mostly generic and love the fresh change of pace the Krakoa era has made.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont like it. There should have been more build up
    There's way too much build up in these books tbh.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Emma most definitely thought those were somebody else’s hands on her shoulders by her reaction.

Also since that scene looks to be directly after the Gala we’ll probably have an idea as to what Fisk and Emma were signing away in Iron Man
    IMO it looks like she sees him in the second panel. I think he's offering condolences about Lourdes/the party in general before telling her his plan (hence the side eye in the last panel). Then we have the hellfire gala scene where he's convinced her and Kate goes through the gate.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I'm actually picking up this title monthly again post the HFG. I really enjoyed Duggan's Marauders and always felt it was the main "x-team" till the original HFG. There are some rush, redundancy, and cliches but the FoX feels exciting. I remember pretty much everything from AvX to HoX being mostly generic and love the fresh change of pace the Krakoa era has made.
    I liked how he wrote the Kate and Emma interactions and he picked it up again in 25. Hopefully we'll see more in X-Men and possibly Invincible Iron Man.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    I thought Mutants are not supposed to be walking around in public.
    It'd be more interesting if that's not a mutant. From the art, it looks like someone with vitiligo. That seems like a logical outcome of Orchis' actions.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

That's Jim Towe's art not Caselli's as the article states.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

So Kamala decides against getting physically involved and just reporting Mutants being attacked? Does that even matter at this point?

Fisk is getting pretty chummy with a woman that is not his wife and hates his guts.

So how badly is Kitty going to beat up Angelica? I doubt she's going to find out the truth here but if she doesn't finish the job she'll probably try again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbabyjesus View Post
    Barefoot in a sewer. Emma would never.
    "In hindsight diamond heels and being practically topless was a bad idea for going underground."

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

If she openly displays her powers she will be detected. Part of the mutants' offense strategy is keeping a very low profile.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So Kamala decides against getting physically involved and just reporting Mutants being attacked? Does that even matter at this point?

Fisk is getting pretty chummy with a woman that is not his wife and hates his guts.

So how badly is Kitty going to beat up Angelica? I doubt she's going to find out the truth here but if she doesn't finish the job she'll probably try again.

"In hindsight diamond heels and being practically topless was a bad idea for going underground."
    There better be an explanation for the lack of heels. She climbed up a mountain with them before.

Is Secret Invasion 2 starting?
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 08-04-2023 at 11:01 AM.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    It'd be more interesting if that's not a mutant. From the art, it looks like someone with vitiligo. That seems like a logical outcome of Orchis' actions.
    That's what I was thinking. It would be better if that person wasn't a Mutant and just had Vitiligo.
    It fits with Dr. Stasis "If, you see a mutant, say something". I think that would make this Event a bit more interesting.

People accusing other People of being a Mutant because they have Vitiligo. Or a strange blemish on their Skin. Or something weird on their body.

Random Person: Hey what's wrong with your Skin?? Your a MUTANT!! lol
    Last edited by Cyclone_Ablaze; 08-04-2023 at 11:11 AM.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post

Kamala getting ready to punch them... But realizing that canceling them is a much greater weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont like it. There should have been more build up
    I also think, from what Kitty did in the last issue, she goes for the kill without thinking too much. If no one stops her, Firestar will have to tell the truth.

Idk if it will end the way we think it will. Especially seeing free issue covers.

Honestly, this makes Jean plan for her look stupid if they aren't even going to give it time to build itself up to the point she has valuable intel to share.

Unless they are going to pull a 180 and somehow Firestar convinces Kitty with some hidden failsafe Jean left that reveals what the plan is all along.

Astonishing Member

I mean it's ultimately kind of moronic because uh...why should Orchis think Firestar hates mutantkind enough to turn on them? I get that's the fan perception of her from the Avengers=Evil Cops out to kill all the real heroes crowd, but in-universe it is going to be days before the two supercomputer AI start giving her the side-eye on all this.

Also goddamnit Jean at some point Charles is going to become a more ethical user of telepathy then you are. Orchis has, afaik, no know mind readers. Tell some other people that Angela is a deep cover agent now instead of throwing her to the proverbial wolves!

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    I mean it's ultimately kind of moronic because uh...why should Orchis think Firestar hates mutantkind enough to turn on them? I get that's the fan perception of her from the Avengers=Evil Cops out to kill all the real heroes crowd, but in-universe it is going to be days before the two supercomputer AI start giving her the side-eye on all this.

Also goddamnit Jean at some point Charles is going to become a more ethical user of telepathy then you are. Orchis has, afaik, no know mind readers. Tell some other people that Angela is a deep cover agent now instead of throwing her to the proverbial wolves!
    Nimrod immediately called it out. The only one vouching was Stasis... and the rest of Orchis was just "oh ok... I guess."