Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bozack View Post
    Orchis said something about they'd kill a human if a mutant came back to Earth, kill 10 humans if another mutant returned, etc. So considering mutants are still CLEARLY on Earth (Iceman most noticeably), why isn't Orchis following through on that threat?
    It should be noted, and because some people still believe baseline humans and mutants are separate and not the same species, humans can still give birth to mutants with either their X-gene active or not and vice versa. So really the threat makes no sense because the only way to kill off mutants is to kill off humans, it was the premise of Days of Future Past was it not? That the Sentinels figured that out and why they took over the world if memory serves.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Did they not threaten Xavier by saying every mutant left on earth they'll kill 10 to the power of that maybe mutants left
    But, is it an empty threat?

Astonishing Member

Did they not threaten Xavier by saying every mutant left on earth they'll kill 10 to the power of that maybe mutants left
    Villains lying or creating empty threats to convince a hero to stop fighting, who would have thought?

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    It should be noted, and because some people still believe baseline humans and mutants are separate and not the same species, humans can still give birth to mutants with either their X-gene active or not and vice versa. So really the threat makes no sense because the only way to kill off mutants is to kill off humans, it was the premise of Days of Future Past was it not? That the Sentinels figured that out and why they took over the world if memory serves.
    Perhaps they have a plan akin to that of Alkali-Transigen in Logan, where they plan to slip gene altering substances into food and water supplies which will prevent the manifestation of the X-gene.

Such a substance could also have the benefit of making baseline human bodies more accepting towards being given specific artifical created super powers, unlike the randomness of the X-gene or the "lab accident" or foreign origins types of the other super humans, setting the groundwork for the creation of the post humans.

Which is after all in the interest of the other Sinister.

I don't know much about Firestar but I've read about her powers and I've been thinking if there's a way of her microwave energy manipulation mess up with Kate's phasing. Don't get me wrong, I like Kitty, but I'm siding with Angelica on this one and I hope she does something against Shadowkat, even though she'll most likely get stomped.

No he didnt. He said the first time a returned mutant is found on Earth. I interpreted that to mean, any mutant that had left via Xavier's urge. They realize that not all were able to which is why they are rounding up and eliminating them

Quote Originally Posted by Psych1c View Post
    I don't know much about Firestar but I've read about her powers and I've been thinking if there's a way of her microwave energy manipulation mess up with Kate's phasing. Don't get me wrong, I like Kitty, but I'm siding with Angelica on this one and I hope she does something against Shadowkat, even though she'll most likely get stomped.
    hopefully she has something to protect herself cause we know in the solicitations that Juggernaut is going to attack her as well
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    hopefully she has something to protect herself cause we know in the solicitations that Juggernaut is going to attack her as well
    I'm wondering if the fight with Juggernaut will be staged. If, and it's a big if, she's able to convince him of the truth while he's still in Orchis custody, I can see them creating a fake fight that damages the surroundings and allows him to get out.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I hate that we have to wait a month.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    They had a number of robots or robot-people on site when it happened so it's not unbelievable that they actually do have a census LOL
    Ah ok. Were they at every door ? I haven't read yet so Io'm genuinely asking

Spectacular Member

Did she not say she could modify their minds but we have to be better then that hence Firestar
    I read that scene in a different way, after her death she only had an open door to Stasis, she was going to use it to take revenge because of what he did to Scott but as she said to Angelica "Orchis has been preparing to destroy mutants", so the part about being better refers as mutants also need to prepare against Orchis, hence the plan to make Angelica a mole and learn all secrets about Orchis.
    In my opinion this is a really good plan, for me the plot hole is that she didn't tell Scott or Logan after contacting them (that we know of), but that's only one of the many plot holes this story has to make it work

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Ah ok. Were they at every door ? I haven't read yet so Io'm genuinely asking
    They were not at every door but in a world of science fiction it's not a stretch to imagine a Nimrod could have a record of everything that happened there.
    Last edited by Uncanny X-Man; 08-05-2023 at 03:19 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dam View Post
    I read that scene in a different way, after her death she only had an open door to Stasis, she was going to use it to take revenge because of what he did to Scott but as she said to Angelica "Orchis has been preparing to destroy mutants", so the part about being better refers as mutants also need to prepare against Orchis, hence the plan to make Angelica a mole and learn all secrets about Orchis.
    In my opinion this is a really good plan, for me the plot hole is that she didn't tell Scott or Logan after contacting them (that we know of), but that's only one of the many plot holes this story has to make it work
    I took it as Jean spent the bulk of her life force on instructing Firestar and by the time she got to Scott and Logan there wasn't enough time to explain the plan so she just opted on telling the two men that she loves goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    That's Jim Towe's art not Caselli's as the article states.
    Snatched by Hickman, rip

Towe's pages lack in pizzazz. Barren backgrounds, unclear facial expressions. Either the man's crushed by deadlines, or just non ready to do THE X-Men book. His prior credentials are on Aaron's Avengers Forever, which he seemed to split with Kuder.

Honestly, for a book built on the backs of Larraz and Pina and Cassara, I expect better.

Boy the egg is sure gonna be on Kitty’s face when she learns that not only is Firestar a triple agent but that Jean was the one who sent her on her current mission.

Extraordinary Member

This isn't the first time I've seen a setup like this, but it's essentially an Edgy and Violent version of a "Marvel Misunderstanding" fight, where a hero attacks another hero because they mistakenly think they're villains.

Over the last couple of decades, back to Civil War at least, Marvel has trotted out a number of ways to do "heroes fighting heroes," their bread and butter, while theoretically making it seem less silly than it was in the Silver Age.