Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default World’s Finest: Teen Titans #2 Preview

World’s Finest: Teen Titans #2 Preview
    Writer: Mark Waid
    Artist: Emanuela Lupacchino

Astonishing Member

Is that Lilith on the cover?

If so, very cool! I always liked Lilith's connection to the supernatural -- despite her own powers being seemingly being biological.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

It looks great, I think this can easily become top of the pile for me and I'm still hoping it goes past issue 6.

I wonder if Garth's outfit is meant to foreshadow establishing him as LGBTQ+?

Donna is really intense and passionate here. And even wears her lasso out in public. Also she's rocking that tracksuit .

Karen immediately falling for Mal is cute.

Poor Garth...

Is it too much to hope they'll just stick with this one Donna origin?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Ha so Donna and Garth here is basically if an extrovert dates an introvert

Thats funny as hell

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    It looks great, I think this can easily become top of the pile for me and I'm still hoping it goes past issue 6.
    I just posted a trade cover in the appreciation thread which apparently confirms it will, as it says Vol 1 on it. Which means there'll be a volume 2!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I love that cover. I feel it's a throwback to their "Scooby Doo" era. You know when they drove around in a van looking for mysteries which usually had a horror theme?

Teen_Titans_v.1_34.jpg

Astonishing Member

That series had just about wrapped when I started collecting, but I loved the issues I read as well as the excellent Nick Cardy covers. I think Scooby-Doo started around the time the first Titans run was ending, but there were definite similarities between the two. DC was really playing the horror card in the early 70s -- and that did appeal to me -- though ironically I didn't collect the actual horror series -- only the super-heroes who were dealing with horror.

And in just one panel, Donna Troy got her origin back... again.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

She's had that origin back since the Artemis Wanted one-shot.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She's had that origin back since the Artemis Wanted one-shot.
    That's what I've been saying for months.

Astonishing Member

I don't think an off-the-cuff comment in an Artemis one-shot gave most of us much comfort. Also, it seems Donna is more of a Titans property than a Wonder Woman property, so acknowledging her classic origin in WF:TT is all I need.

That's because Donna debuted in Teen Titans - in the very first story to use that name (there was one Robin/Kid Flash/Aqualad feature a few months earlier). Wonder Girl debuted in 1961 as an imaginary story younger version of Diana. In 1965, TT's first writer used that character, assuming she was a sidekick, when she was actually more like Superboy - thus accidentally creating a new Wonder Girl who wasn't Diana. Wonder Woman's writer/editor responded by binning Wonder Girl and Wonder Tot, another even younger Diana, a few months after the character who would be later named Donna Troy debuted.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    That series had just about wrapped when I started collecting, but I loved the issues I read as well as the excellent Nick Cardy covers. I think Scooby-Doo started around the time the first Titans run was ending, but there were definite similarities between the two. DC was really playing the horror card in the early 70s -- and that did appeal to me -- though ironically I didn't collect the actual horror series -- only the super-heroes who were dealing with horror.
    Me too. I started collecting back issues of Teen Titans in between the original series wrapping up and New Teen Titans debuting. At first I gravitated to the "disco era" but eventually grew to love the "Scooby Doo" era for it's weirdness. Kinda hated the Mr. Jupiter no-costumes era but now have a soft spot for it.

Yeah, this was awesome! Fun little adventure, cool guest appearances and great character moments.

If you are a fan of Garth like me, you'll enjoy this issue a lot.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.