Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I was worried it was all the same stuff that seems to be regularly re-released but there's some cool stuff hidden in there.

The Busiek thing is a rip for me as I already have all the paperbacks from the time, so I'll have to weigh up switching them for the sake of a few issues.

From the list I'll be getting the below. I paperback wait, as hardcovers take up almost twice as much space(!) plus I've largely forgotten enough after a year to enjoy a re-read.

Superman: Space Age
    Superman: Action Comics Vol 1: Rise of Metallo
    Superboy: The Man Of Tomorrow
    Batman/Superman: World's Finest Vol. 1: The Devil Nezha
    Steelworks

I really hope DC go all in with the Compendiums, they're really great value.

C'mon DC, give us the full Triangle Era in Compendiums (preferably without first collecting the Bryne era for the umpteenth time)!!!

I'll also be grabbing

Creature Commandos Present: Frankenstein, Agent of S.H.A.D.E. Book One
    Lobo Big Fraggin Compendium Book One
    Last edited by exile001; 09-22-2023 at 08:37 AM.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

https://www.thepopverse.com/superman...dc-comics-2024

They even included Secret Identity! Wish it was a hardcover but it’s a great collection of most of what Busiek did with Superman. Glad to have it all in one tome.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    https://www.thepopverse.com/superman...dc-comics-2024

They even included Secret Identity! Wish it was a hardcover but it’s a great collection of most of what Busiek did with Superman. Glad to have it all in one tome.
    Amazon (UK) still have this listed as a hardcover.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

We can add The Last Days Of Lex Luthor to the list (for now), hardcover is supposed to be out in Nov 2024.

That’s assuming of course that the next two issues come out this year
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

On sale Sep 03, 2024 | 1384 Pages

The fan-favorite Superman stories that defined the ‘90s return in a massive omnibus collection!

The 1990s saw a new wave of creative vitality and fan interest in comics’ original superhero, with four tightly connected monthly series bringing the Man of Steel to new heights: Superman, Adventures of Superman, Action Comics, and Superman: The Man of Steel.

These four series, while continuing to retain their own distinct voices, worked closely in tandem with each other, telling a detailed larger narrative of Superman’s never-ending battle. In turn, DC added numbered triangle icons to each cover, indicating to readers exactly where in the story a given Superman issue would fall—ushering in what readers fondly remember as “the triangle era.”

Following years of demand, these revered stories return with Superman: The Triangle Era Omnibus Vol. 1, a comprehensive collection of the first year of these comics from creators including Dan Jurgens, Jerry Ordway, Louise Simonson, Roger Stern, Jon Bogdanove, Bob McLeod, and more. Stories include “Time and Time Again,” “Blackout,” and Clark Kent revealing his secret identity to Lois Lane!

This volume collects Superman #49-64; Adventures of Superman #472-486; Action Comics #659-673; Superman: The Man of Steel #1-8.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Vols one, two, Death and Return... presumably gonna sit right next to my Peter David Hulks 2-4 in a circle of massive comic books that make me happy
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

As someone who wanted to collect the Triangle Era, this is a must for me .

Happy for those of you who want it, DC’s collections department seems to be getting their act together. Still hoping for a Johns Superman Omnibus, and seeing stuff like this makes me think it’s coming.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Triangle fans rejoice! Clocks in at $125 (according to Random House).
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

So how much of a gap is there between the last Man of Steel HC volume and this Triangle omnibus?

Exile and some other stuff. Probably another omnibus?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Exile and some other stuff. Probably another omnibus?
    Well, there is already a Superman: Exile omnibus.

Happy for those of you who want it, DC’s collections department seems to be getting their act together. Still hoping for a Johns Superman Omnibus, and seeing stuff like this makes me think it’s coming.
    Hasn't that been in the cards for a while?

Quote Originally Posted by All Star Superman View Post
    So how much of a gap is there between the last Man of Steel HC volume and this Triangle omnibus?
    Unfortunately the Exile omnibus leaves off a year before this one. So there's a break where they would pretty much have to bridge with another omnibus later

I wanna reach the point of not having to dig in a longbox but maybe it's a lot to demand

Awesome! I think this can replace three old tpbs I have from the triangle era. Not a fan of the cover choice though. I love Ordway's work but never liked that cover. Hopefully, it's just a placeholder.

I like it and I think Ordway did the best covers, but wouldn't call that his best. And Bog's MoS was really memorable so I would have expected that also