Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    takemymoney.jpg

...though I do hate that cover. Not really how I see the big guy.

This volume collects Superman #49-64; Adventures of Superman #472-486; Action Comics #659-673; Superman: The Man of Steel #1-8.
    My OCD is already kicking off that this doesn't immediately follow Exile (and other stories). Still infinitely better than nothing.

Still hoping for a Johns Superman Omnibus, and seeing stuff like this makes me think it’s coming.
    Hasn't his stuff already been collected 10 times, much of which is still in print? They're literally reprinting a chunk of it again this year as an Absolute edition! Lol.
    Last edited by exile001; 03-21-2024 at 05:32 AM.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Hasn't that been in the cards for a while?

Unfortunately the Exile omnibus leaves off a year before this one. So there's a break where they would pretty much have to bridge with another omnibus later

I wanna reach the point of not having to dig in a longbox but maybe it's a lot to demand
    They’re putting out an Absolute, but it doesn’t collect everything. Some stuff like his Toyman story for an Annual has never been collected I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    takemymoney.jpg

...though I do hate that cover. Not really how I see the big guy.

My OCD is already kicking off that this doesn't immediately follow Exile (and other stories). Still infinitely better than nothing.

Hasn't his stuff already been collected 10 times, much of which is still in print? They're literally reprinting a chunk of it again this year as an Absolute edition! Lol.
    Plenty of collections but not an omnibus collecting everything. I want an omnibus! You can get Byrne’s run in HC but people still want a Byrne Omnibus, I feel the same way about Johns stuff.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Plenty of collections but not an omnibus collecting everything. I want an omnibus! You can get Byrne’s run in HC but people still want a Byrne Omnibus, I feel the same way about Johns stuff.
    I'd just rather see new stuff collected, but my comment is very much tongue in cheek. Maybe should have used a instead of lol.

Ultimately, the more Superman books sell the better it is for all of us.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

I'd just rather see new stuff collected, but my comment is very much tongue in cheek. Maybe should have used a instead of lol.

Ultimately, the more Superman books sell the better it is for all of us.
    Someone told me there’s been a grand total of four Superman omnibuses ever printed. Only recently have they started making an effort to expand with the Silver Age Superman Omnibus recently and now this. Utterly insane how bad a job DC has done putting out Superman omnis. And crazy thing is that sales wise the Superman omnis seem to do well: https://www.instocktrades.com/

FB011C0D-11DB-4385-83F7-6F09C51325C5.jpg

Currently the top seller on IST is the Superman Silver Age Omnibus. There’s a demand for more omnis, hopefully DC is finally recognizing that and making an effort to put out more collections in time for Gunn’s movie. Should mean we will get more Superman omnibuses and collections coming our way.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I just wouldn't know under what pretenses they would collect that missing year. Like if this does well they just move forward in time.

Almost as rough is that the Exile omnibus is hard to find

DC is weird. They reprint All Star Superman like every year. Which makes sense because it's popular but they pretty much only re-release material that you can easily find in retail already.

They’re putting out an Absolute, but it doesn’t collect everything. Some stuff like his Toyman story for an Annual has never been collected I believe.

The one story from Action Comics #865 ended up in a random World's finest trade. I understand why they focus on his work with Frank but they really should have made a Johns omnibus because this leaves out like half of his pre Flashpoint work
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mighty Member

I just wouldn't know under what pretenses they would collect that missing year. Like if this does well they just move forward in time.

Almost as rough is that the Exile omnibus is hard to find

At a guess, I'd say DC will give us Triangle Era v2 in 2025, then if both sell well, they'll start backfilling - maybe re-release Exile and Other Stories, then either Man of Steel Omnis or whatever you'd call the volume between Exile and Triangle. The real question to me is if they'd also move forward to a Triangle v3 that covers the post-Return of Superman era.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

It just seems like such an arbitrary decision to leave a year uncollected (even though I get starting with the Triangle Era and using that branding).

However, some classics are left uncollected (at least in linear form*):

The Brainiac Trilogy, Day of the Krypton Man, Dark Knight over Metropolis, Home For the Holidays, a great Mxyzplk Superman/Flash race, The Limits of Power/The Outcast (origin for Hank Henshaw),

*I'm lucky as I have the early release TPBs (Eradicated!, Lois & Clark, etc). I got into Superman back in the 90's so grabbed as many TPBs as I could. Now happens that they're rare and not re-released/collected.

At least it'll start with Krisis of the Krimson Kryptonite, which is a belter.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

So happy about the triangle era omnibus..also kicking myself for not getting the exile omnibus when it was constantly in stock for a decent price, but alas.

Just a few more weeks to till the Johns and Frank absolute drops!

Mighty Member

https://prhcomics.com/book/?isbn=9781779529527

Exile is getting reprinted! That should give some hope for the volume in between being in consideration

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post

Exile is getting reprinted! That should give some hope for the volume in between being in consideration
    DC is feeding us so good this year, so funny after the lack of omnibus we got from them previously.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    DC is feeding us so good this year, so funny after the lack of omnibus we got from them previously.
    I'm really curious if they did some internal restructuring or hiring from Marvel or something because this upcoming catalog and the previous one are huge improvements on the previous few years of offerings.

Maybe hired new people, I vaguely remember reading that after Covid bloodbath they had like 1 guy responsible for all collected editions.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post

Cool! They should have planned to put this out a bit ago as a companion piece to Warworld Saga.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Amazon US now list a paperback version of Superman v1: Supercorp (for November), so anyone annoyed that book 2 is going straight to paperback can keep them similarly formatted.