Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Superman Collections Coming in 2024

Holy **** my Wallet is taking a massive hit next year:

Links to the books: (might have to open it twice)

• ⁠Absolute All-Star Superman (NEW PTG)
    • ⁠Absolute Final Crisis (NEW PTG)
    • ⁠Absolute Justice League: World’s Greatest Heroes by Alex Ross & Paul Dini (NEW PTG)
    • ⁠Absolute Luthor/Joker (NEW PTG)
    • ⁠Absolute Superman by Geoff Johns & Gary Frank
    • ⁠Adventures of Superman by George Perez (NEW PTG)
    • ⁠JLA Year One (NEW PTG)
    • ⁠Justice League: The New 52 Book One
    • ⁠Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow Deluxe Edition
    • ⁠Superman: Emperor Joker Deluxe Edition
    • ⁠Superman by Kurt Busiek Book One
    • ⁠Super Sons: The Complete Series Vol. 1

https://www.edelweiss.plus/#catalogID=4894729&page=1

They’re finally freaking putting out collections of Johns and Busiek’s Pre-Flashpoint runs! Thought this day would never come. Think I’ll get that Absolute Final Crisis edition too, looks like it’s the version that collects just the Morrison (i.e. the good stuff) portions. Not Superman but definitely getting that Seven Soldiers Omni too.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

So much stuff I want to pick up !

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

There's a pretty massive gap between 1954-2004 so I'm disappointed that they just reprint all the stories you'd find at Books A Million for an Absolute price tag. Whatever that is.

But, I don't actually have 100 Bullets yet so there's that
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Regarding the Busiek Collections:
    The plan is to do two books, and it'd include everything, including 7-8 never-collected stories.
    https://twitter.com/kurtbusiek/statu...487sLx_4UoiJsQ
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

So is that yet another new version of Supersons?

Alsonlooks like Steelworks won't collect backups from Action so thats a good sign for Steelworks, but probably means thay PKJ's collection will have them

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Oh hoh? Uncollected stories you say .

There's also a second volume of Dan Jurgens & Lee Weeks' Superman : Lois & Clark being released called Doom Rising. It'll collect the backups from Action Comics and from the Death of Superman 30th Anniversary Special.

So should I get the Camelot Falls trade or just wait for the Absolute Busiek Collection?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So should I get the Camelot Falls trade or just wait for the Absolute Busiek Collection?
    I got the Camelot Falls trade but per Busiek it looks like everything Superman that he ever wrote is going to be collected in two books:

https://twitter.com/kurtbusiek/statu...487sLx_4UoiJsQ
    Wait, from the story description, this includes Secret Identity?

All my Superman material, yes.
    Even includes the two issues of Pre-Crisis World’s Finest that he wrote! Figures that as soon as I buy the Camelot Falls Deluxe HC this gets made, but I’m happy to double dip. Think I’ll donate my CF to the library or my siblings.

Amazing Member

What format would Justice Leauge: The New 52 Book One fall under? I’ve seen at least one other thing listed as “Book One” like that, is it a new format of softcover?

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Busiek also wrote some Action issues back then, too, which were neat. I'll consider that one although I wonder what volume two will include
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Only hangup I have about getting the Johns/Frank Absolute is I’m worried they’re going to announce a Geoff Johns Omnibus that includes everything Superman later on. That’s what I really want.

Quote Originally Posted by Forlorn View Post
    What format would Justice Leauge: The New 52 Book One fall under? I’ve seen at least one other thing listed as “Book One” like that, is it a new format of softcover?
    Hardcover I think, seems like it follows the deluxe hardcover format.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Busiek also wrote some Action issues back then, too, which were neat. I'll consider that one although I wonder what volume two will include
    He’s saying that everything will be collected, even stuff that hasn’t been collected before. I’m assuming his entire catalog of Superman work will be included, my guess is that the stuff he wrote back on Superman and Action Comics will be in Book 1 and then his Elseworlds stuff/Pre-Crisis stuff will be in Book 2. Maybe any filler he wrote as well.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Supersons the series!!ftw!!
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I bet the Busiek books will be like the Byrne hardcovers, nicely put together standard hardcover sized . The covers are usually great looking with nice dust jackets. Busiek brought back the Galactic Golemn!

ABSOLUTE SUPERMAN BY GEOFF JOHNS & GARY FRANK

Written by GEOFF JOHNS

Art by GARY FRANK and FRANK SIBAL

Cover by GARY FRANK

$150.00 US | 640 pages | 8 1/8″ x 12 1/4″ | Hardcover | ISBN: 978-1-77952-471-3

ON SALE 5/28/24

Experience Geoff Johns and Gary Frank’s legendary Superman trilogy like never before. Presented in DC’s prestigious oversize hardcover format, the Absolute Edition collects the complete Superman and the Legion of Super-Heroes, Superman: Brainiac, and Superman: Secret Origin, together for the first time! Featuring Action Comics #858-863 and #866-870; Superman: Secret Origin #1-6; and stories from Action Comics Annual #10, Superman: New Krypton Special #1, and Action Comics #900, along with character designs by Gary Frank, a script by Geoff Johns, an extensive cover gallery, a brand-new double-spread slipcase cover by Gary Frank, never-before-seen pencils, and more!
    Should’ve just included the Kinsey drawn Last Son of Krypton arc too, but otherwise it’s a solid collection!