Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Orchis villain motivations

So it seems to me that the Orchis organization is all about eliminating the mutant problem, but the individual leader villains we see don't seem like they should be aligned with that?

We have Doctor Stasis, with what we've learned about the Sinister suits, should be focused on combating the machine threat through post-humans. Yet he is gleefully aligned with machines to eliminate mutants just because. And certainly on-board with slaughtering humans. I get that Essex gonna Essex, but none of this is aligned with what we kow he should be doing.

Omega Sentinel has effectively done nothing, but seems like the one who should be against the mutants the most. Her shtick of being from the future where mutants win sent back to stop them should be relevant. No future knowledge used to help Orchis? There was also that part about her and Nimrod also being against humanity...

Nimrod I guess makes sense as it was brought online as a mutant killer. Just feels removed from the Nimrod in Powers of X.

And finally Moira. Best we can discern is she wants mutants to pay and bleed for what Destiny and Moira did. Her motivation seems much more personal and vindictive than the general Orchis MO. I don't really understand her character since Lives/Deaths but I didn't think she would go with the plan as we saw it in hellfire gala. I mean I guess she gets to watch Xavier suffer, but where does she go from here?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by captain Qball View Post
    So it seems to me that the Orchis organization is all about eliminating the mutant problem, but the individual leader villains we see don't seem like they should be aligned with that?

We have Doctor Stasis, with what we've learned about the Sinister suits, should be focused on combating the machine threat through post-humans. Yet he is gleefully aligned with machines to eliminate mutants just because. And certainly on-board with slaughtering humans. I get that Essex gonna Essex, but none of this is aligned with what we kow he should be doing.

Omega Sentinel has effectively done nothing, but seems like the one who should be against the mutants the most. Her shtick of being from the future where mutants win sent back to stop them should be relevant. No future knowledge used to help Orchis? There was also that part about her and Nimrod also being against humanity...

Nimrod I guess makes sense as it was brought online as a mutant killer. Just feels removed from the Nimrod in Powers of X.

And finally Moira. Best we can discern is she wants mutants to pay and bleed for what Destiny and Moira did. Her motivation seems much more personal and vindictive than the general Orchis MO. I don't really understand her character since Lives/Deaths but I didn't think she would go with the plan as we saw it in hellfire gala. I mean I guess she gets to watch Xavier suffer, but where does she go from here?
    Irene... For what Destiny and Irene did to exhaust Moria's limited rebirths.
    Last edited by Micabe; 08-04-2023 at 02:25 PM.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Moira's Motives(imo) are silly. Align yourself with Orchis and Kill ALL Mutants because your mad at Charles Xavier.

Omega Sentinel has turned into a Background Character just like Dr. Devo. I stopped caring about anything Essex, tbh.
    Last edited by Cyclone_Ablaze; 08-04-2023 at 02:22 PM.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Karima's role has been to accelerate the development of Orchis by gifting future tech knowledge to them.

The current Nimrod is better than any previous one, because it's future tech from Karima. It's far beyond the SF era nimrod design where the Xmen were smashing them by the dozens. Now it's a legit threat to the entire team solo, not just a cannon-fodder bad guy. also, yeah, OS is probably the true architect of the current Sentinel base on the surface of the sun. It's future tech that hasn't been invented yet.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Omega Sentinel and Nimrod are the ones spearheading the Orchis Extinction Protocols to get rid of mutants, superhumans and humans. They've just done it smartly by hiring lackeys such as Dr. Devos, Feilong, Moira, the Sinisters etc to their cause...to orchestrate and enact the various strategies and do the major "grunt" work. They don't really care about personal "motives" and agendas once their objective is still on track.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Moira's Motives(imo) are silly. Align yourself with Orchis and Kill ALL Mutants because your mad at Charles Xavier.

Omega Sentinel has turned into a Background Character just like Dr. Devo. I stopped caring about anything Essex, tbh.
    What? Wait... Who said Moria was mad at Charles alone? Where was the X-Men as a whole when Irene and Raven had her kidnapped,
    and burned alive by Pyro (I almost forgot his part in all of this). I'd like to think her psychic screams of repetitive torture and rebirth would have alerted the greatest male telepath on the planet that something was amiss with her. Wait... Was Charles in the intestines of Krakoa at the time oblivious to her plight when all that was happening?
    Last edited by Micabe; 08-04-2023 at 02:54 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by captain Qball View Post

Overall I agree that whatever Orchis is supposed to be right now is a mess. In general what Duggan (and company) is doing with Orchis is almost entirely its own thing and not what Hickman was setting up. I am not sure Doctor Stasis is even the same concept as when he was introduced. At some point a certain Duggan found a tone that he was happy with and the book suddenly shifted into it.

OS specifically would have had future knowledge up until Krakoa started to have to deal with Orchis and maybe specifically attempting to destroy Mother Mold and preventing Nimrod. A lot of Orchis database on mutants and Krakoa probably contains information that originated from OS. Beyond that the timeline will have diverged so much OS will not know what the future is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Overall I agree that whatever Orchis is supposed to be right now is a mess. In general what Duggan (and company) is doing with Orchis is almost entirely its own thing and not what Hickman was setting up. I am not sure Doctor Stasis is even the same concept as when he was introduced. At some point a certain Duggan found a tone that he was happy with and the book suddenly shifted into it.

OS specifically would have had future knowledge up until Krakoa started to have to deal with Orchis and maybe specifically attempting to destroy Mother Mold and preventing Nimrod. A lot of Orchis database on mutants and Krakoa probably contains information that originated from OS. Beyond that the timeline will have diverged so much OS will not know what the future is.
    But, Omega Sentinel is operating with knowledge from her future timeline self and is currently occupying her body of the present proper so yes, she does have future knowledge but its of TRN-756.

Last edited by Micabe; 08-04-2023 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post

Yeah, it's the old Terminator paradox. You remember the history of the future YOU came from, but going into the past rewrote history. However knowing how to build future tech is a thing. And much like Terminator.... the present has tech from the future now. Oh and OS's cybernetics have enough data storage space for probably several encyclopedias... yeah.... that's a lot of future stuff.

Extraordinary Member

46334C15-102E-4F8D-8994-667045285758.jpg

This doesn’t even cover them allying with Coven Akkaba, Graydon Creed or Hordeculture.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I actually care more for how Alia, Judas, Karima, Nimrod and Feilong are. I must admit Stasis, Moira X and MODOK are the least interesting members of Orchis and the focus seems to be more on them. Hopefully this will change.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    What? Wait... Who said Moria was mad at Charles alone? Where was the X-Men as a whole when Irene and Raven had her kidnapped,
    Well, if she wants to kill the X-Men as a whole for not saving her from Irene and Raven, she also needs to kill Throgg, the Frog of Thunder, Star-Lord, Willy Lumpkins, Howard the Duck, Karolina Dean and Molly Hayes, Man-Thing, Dr. Strange, Clea Strange, their ghost dog, Ms. Marvel, Hercules, Moondragon, Poltergiest & Link, the Living Tribunal, Eternity and the One Above All, because none of *them* were there to save her either.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Well, if she wants to kill the X-Men as a whole for not saving her from Irene and Raven, she also needs to kill Throgg, the Frog of Thunder, Star-Lord, Willy Lumpkins, Howard the Duck, Karolina Dean and Molly Hayes, Man-Thing, Dr. Strange, Clea Strange, their ghost dog, Ms. Marvel, Hercules, Moondragon, Poltergiest & Link, the Living Tribunal, Eternity and the One Above All, because none of *them* were there to save her either.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I actually care more for how Alia, Judas, Karima, Nimrod and Feilong are. I must admit Stasis, Moira X and MODOK are the least interesting members of Orchis and the focus seems to be more on them. Hopefully this will change.

Invincible Iron Man #7 (2023)

And, there it is... Apparently, all mutants, mutates, and heroes in general are on Orchis's termination list.
    Last edited by Micabe; 08-06-2023 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Tbh same. It's lame how the worst Sinister and Robo-Moira get so much focus. But not the woman behind Nimrod's tragedy (and one of the elements that added depth to him), or Judas the Judas, or the ally who has been forcibly taken over and became her worst enemy. Heck, when was the last time Killian Devo even showed up? I know he's a figurehead, but still.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.