Frank Castle : THE PUNISHER #1

The scene is a warehouse with people in lab coats walking. They are discussing plans among themselves for the weekend as well as the latest sports game they saw. A few are working typing into a computer as they check files.

"This is important. We have to keep his brain active and busy. He believes he's in another world and we have to keep him occupied believing he's saving children." the one lab worker explains.

"Relax Tyler , ole Frankie boy has been on ice for what ? A year ? He's not going anywhere." the cocky young assistant replies.

The older lab worker breathes hard , "You don't understand Jason. The Hand and Maria Castle want him on ice. They don't want him out and any screw up like days ago can cause the program and his mind to crash back into reality. Then...there will be HELL TO PAY."

"We got this Tyler. Just relax. He's living a dream there. "

As things drift we see the battered Frank Castle laying in whats left of his Hand uniform. His eyes closed , machines beeping plugged to his brain.

-----------------
Outside

A figure lays on a building with night vision goggles. Removing them its revealed to be Lynn Michaels. Her hair now cut short she has a scar on her eye as she hits her com link.

"Microchip , your intel seems to be on the money. There is a lot of movement for this warehouse. I got 6 on the ground." she explains.

"Good , we know he's in there. Wait til Cord is in position with C.C. and we hit the place quick. We have to make it quick. You guys copy on this ?" Microchip asks over com.

"Yes...yes were ready." both reply at different times.

Lynn Michaels breaths hard as her mind races. To the time she was doing this before , before all the changes in the world. From wannabe female Punisher who got Frank Castle's blessing to continue. To the time she was a SHIELD agent and had to hunt him down. Either with or against him. Now in a new role.....

PUNISHER WAR JOURNAL ENTRY : The Hand and Maria Castle are holding Frank Castle captive. Microchip spent months digging out information on dark web and found traces of stories where Maria has taken over The Hand from Frank. Fueled by greed and ambition Maria wants to lead the Hand into political theater. She needs to be stopped.

-------
WeirdWorld

Frank Castle walks among the children , leading them. As he looks back he gets a flash of his own children and them dead. He shakes his head and falls to his knee.

"Are you ok ...Frank ?" one child asks. Them all around.

"Y-Yeah , just thought I saw something..." he answers low.

------------
Warehouse

The lab worker stands by the monitor as the face of Maria Castle sits on a chair. Sipping some wine she seems none to pleased to hear the results thus far.

"Your ...husband's mind is very strong. At times he , seems to reject certain aspects Mrs. Castle. So we have to keep refining the program to keep him occupied." Tyler explains.

"I need not to remind you Tyler , he MUST NOT EVER wake up. If he does you and your family will suffer for this. You serve The Hand , make no mistake with our current objectives are a play to media to make us appear better , our real objectives remain." Maria replies coldly.

Tyler wipes sweat from his brow , "Yes ma'am. I serve the Hand proudly. Frank Castle will remain trapped in a version of Weirdworld." he answers nervous.

"I have a future Senator to talk with. Report any changes..." she says clipping off the monitor. Tyler breaths a second to calm himself as he feels everything will be ok. That is short lived however as he hears a loud explosion.

-------------------
Seconds earlier....

C.C. Cruz slides under the vehicles placing the charges. He stays quiet as several of the Hand walk by as he smiles and sets the last ones.

"Were clear....for fire works..." he says over the com.

"Here we go boys..." Lynn says loudly with her pushing the button. Within seconds the cars explode as those there guarding the place are caught off guard. The rush is quick as C.C. Cruz and Cord Matthews are on the ground taking down those in quick fashion. Lynn Michaels zip cords down and shoots one through back of the head.

"Sh-t , we got a wall here and sensor. Anyone pack a rocket launcher ?" - Cord asks joking.

Lynn examines the area and notices an eye scanner , "Relax boys , I have this one..." she says taking a dead Hand guard. Opening his eye to make the scan allow them to enter. The door opens and they proceed to elevator.

"He's on the bottom. We can't let any of The Hand walk out of this place if we can help it. " Lynn tells them both.

Behind his skull mask C.C. Cruz nods , "I figured as much."

---------
Weirdworld

As he walked Frank Castle saw more visions ahead of his children and Maria. He would stop and stare. The kids pulling on him to continue. Trying to push him forward.

"Come on...Frank. This way..." one kid says pushing.

"Yeah , your leading us !" a girl says.

They all start trying to make Frank move as he yells out , "This....THIS AIN'T RIGHT !" The world begins to blur and twist as he sees Maria shoot him as a play back...repeatedly.

-------------------------
Warehouse Lab

As the war zone came down into the labs , the area rocked and machines blinked and nearly quit. Matthew the assistant ran into the room as Tyler is busy trying to keep Castle in his world trapped as he laid there.

"We need to f-ckin go now ! They are killing everyone on the floor !! !" he yells in panic.

Tyler keeps working , "We have to stay and keep him connected. The Hand....they won't accept failure...everyone we know will die !"

As he looks up in his horror , he watches as Matthew's head suddenly has a long screw bolt that was used to hold a man's arms strapped down. Frank Castle yanks it free as Matthew collapses dead in front of him as Castle weakly struggles to stand.

"I'm...awake. Where...am I ?" he asks as he nearly stumbles forward. Trying to work his legs as Tyler goes to get a gun. A bullet knocks him to the ground as he holds his knee.

Castle looks up to see Lynn Michaels standing there in front of him , "Your at a HAND warehouse bunker. You were placed in a dream world by them."

"Hand ....YES.....I remember..." he answers getting help from C.C. and Cord Matthews. Tyler tried to crawl away as Castle reaches for Cruz's gun and smiles.

"Have a good dream ..." he growls as he shoots Tyler a few times.

----------------------------------------
Much Later ...Safehouse

On the warehouse roof hours later Frank Castle stands looking out at the city. His eyes closed in anger and frustration at what he's experienced. The door behind him closes as Microchip walks out with a coffee cup for him.

"Here , have some coffee Frank. Been awhile hasn't it ?" Microchip asks.

Frank studies the coffee & slowly takes it to drink , "It has. I will thank you for saving me , but whats the game here Louis ?"

"Always to the point Frank. You thought I was dead like you thought C.C. and Cord Matthews were. C.C. is actually a clone that was created during some X-Men deal. One of them owed me a favor and I had his body brought back. Cord was in Witness protection and he feels he owes you. Lynn you know already. " - Microchip answered.

"Yeah , thanks. Now you all need to get out of my way. Got things I have to do. I can't watch out for you all." Castle commands.

Mircrochip pulls out a labtop and sits it down in front of Frank. He puts in a disc as Frank watches. Then with a slow answer , "The Hand is now more dangerous than ever Frank. They plan to place support behind certain Senator candidates and take over our country politically. There is more power running a country than combating super heroes as ninjas."

"Your wife ...or ex-wife is leading the Hand in this direction. She's evil Frank...her mind believes she's doing good but the Hand resurrected her with a plan. This is it as you see the files. We have to stop them." he continues.

As he stays quiet and rubs his chin , Microchip waits and gets a little frustrated..."Well ?"

Frank Castle turns and we see him back in his classic Punisher costume. "We will kill ALL OF THE HAND ! Even Maria if she gets in our way !"

THE END ...for now.