Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If they finally move Lowe out of the Spider-Office, it'll be a massive win.
    Not if he ends up in The Avengers office
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Not if he ends up in The Avengers office
    Paul is joining the Avengers. No the Paulvengers

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by clonegeek View Post
    Paul is joining the Avengers. No the Paulvengers
    Lowe will dump The Avengers logo and just call it THE AVENGING PAUL from this moment in time onward.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    So, who's editing the FF?

It says that he's switching from Avengers to X-Men, but it doesn't say whether he's staying on Fantastic Four or not.
    I would assume he's off FF as well. Whoever takes over the Avengers office would take over that too.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

A question, is heading the Avengers office since the MCU bigger than heading the X-office after Perlmutter/Inhumans/Covid/HoX or is it the other way around. Which would be the higher priorty project for the publisher?
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 08-12-2023 at 10:39 AM.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    A question, is heading the Avengers office since the MCU bigger than heading the X-office after Perlmutter/Inhumans/Covid/HoX or is it the other way around. Which would be the higher priorty project for the publisher?
    It's speculated that the X office is the coming priority which is why Perlmutter asked Brevoort to take over with the speculation being whatever upcoming plans and focus Fiege has for the X-verse.
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    It's speculated that the X office is the coming priority which is why Perlmutter asked Brevoort to take over with the speculation being whatever upcoming plans and focus Fiege has for the X-verse.
    Feige finally exerting his influence on the publishing side?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Hasn't Perlmutter been out from the company for months now? Not sure if he has any say in this anymore.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, Brevoort said in his original post that it was their publisher Dan Buckley who convinced him to take the job.

who is going to oversee the Avengers line? or some of the other editorial zones?

.... I want Christopher Priest to come back with a high profile Marvel gig, ongoing, not a mini series.

Extraordinary Member

In terms of seniority it would probably be Wil Moss, who has been at Marvel for about a decade editing a lot of Avengers-adjacent titles like Black Panther and Thor.

However, as this out-of-left-field choice shows, the next round of editorial moves may not be predictable.

I can see it just being White doing a straight swap. The main editors for the last few years were Brevoort on Avengers and Fantastic Four (mheroes), White on X-Men, and Lowe on Spider-Man. Of course they're not the only editorial offices (there's also Star Wars, and the new 20th Century Studios imprint, at least), but they're the three biggest.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-15-2023 at 02:29 AM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Not "Brevoort of X" related, but interesting, nonetheless, Tom's accounting of ORIGINAL SIN:

"People had asked a little bit about ORIGINAL SIN when it came up in conversation in the recent past, so i thought I might as well focus on an issue and give you all a quick rundown. This seventh issue was released on August 13, 2014. But the basic idea for what became ORIGINAL SIN had been kicking around for a couple of years by this point. It originated, I think, during a Marvel Editorial Retreat that we were having to talk about the story that would become FEAR ITSELF. FEAR ITSELF was the first big Event we’d done since we’d gone into THE HEROIC AGE, where we paused on yearly Events concerned about the so-called Event Fatigue. The birthing process for FEAR ITSELF was pretty rough, owing to the fact that people at the top weren’t entirely sold on the concept of that project. Even the name FEAR ITSELF was a late-in-the-game compromise, after we had gone through a ridiculous number of alternative suggestions for what the story ought to be called. People were also worried enough about the story and the marketing of same that we screwed ourselves a little bit by revealing most of the major story twists well in advance of when the issues in which those twists happened came out. But I digress. At this particular Retreat, conversation had come around to the concept of FEAR ITSELF, and somebody, I think it was EIC Joe Quesada but he may have just been one of the voices involved, started pitching an alternative idea for the Event, one in which somebody or something would learn devastating secrets about each of the Marvel heroes and use them to upend their lives in interesting ways. I don’t recall who named this notion ORIGINAL SIN, but we had that title during that same Retreat, I believe—and had also determined that things were already too far down the road on FEAR ITSELF to pivot to a completely new concept. So we kept ORIGINAL SIN in our back pocket as something that we would do in the future.

I know that I spoke with Allan Heinberg about potentially writing ORIGINAL SIN in the aftermath of that meeting—he had been in attendance. But he disagreed fundamentally with some of how Joe Q had laid his ideas out, and so didn’t want to take it on. So the notion laid fallow for a while, with no writer claiming ownership of it and wanting to do it. We also hadn’t worked out anything about how whoever was behind the story was going to learn all of these secrets. At one point, we half-planned to do ORIGINAL SIN in 2012, but then there was a leadership shift and Axel Alonso came in as the EIC—and Axel had been hot to do a different idea, AVENGERS VS X-MEN, for a while. So AVX came next, and ORIGINAL SIN waited some more. There was an aborted attempt to get the storyline moving, but I forget a lot of the details. I only remember that Ed Brubaker and Javier Pulido did a framing sequence in the first MARVEL POINT ONE special that was meant to set up certain elements for it. Possibly I was trying to convince Ed to write the thing, but that clearly didn’t happen. By that point, though, i had figured out that the person who would have access to all of the secret knowledge that we’d need would be the Watcher, and so that framing story involves a pair of shadowy figures making a raid on the Watcher’s home upon the moon during the period when the galactic being communed with the rest of his kind, sharing what he had seen and receiving what they had seen in return.

In any event, after having been one of the real anchormen of AVX along with Brian Bendis, Jason Aaron expressed some interest in taking on the ORIGINAL SIN concept when it came up at our next post-AVX retreat, and that was fine by me. It was Jason who worked out that the story would be a murder mystery surrounding the killing of the Watcher and the theft of his all-seeing eyes. He also came up with the idea that the culprit would be Nick Fury. The elder Fury was becoming something of a problem, both because of his age (with his unbreakable ties to World War II) and the fact that in film and on television, most of the public knew Nick Fury as Samuel L. Jackson. We’d introduced Fury’s more Jackson-aligned son in the aftermath of FEAR ITSELF, and so this looked like a good moment to retire the old soldier permanently, having him go out in a blaze of glory. And it was Jason who conceived of Fury’s secret history as the Man On The Wall, as well as coming up with his predecessor in that role. Mike Deodato was recruited to take on the art duties, and from there our production was smooth as butter, with Deo bringing his A-Game to the visuals.

The toughest bit was in getting the creators of the individual titles who would be tying in to come up with secrets that would be shocking enough and life-changing enough to have the impact we needed. Dan Slott, for example, had to be strong-armed into being a part of things, despite the fact that he instantly came up with a perfect ORIGINAL SIN for ASM: what if somebody else had also been bitten by the spider that empowered Peter Parker? This became Silk, a character who has gone on to be something of a mainstay of the Marvel Universe in the years since."

Fury's age was a problem? Doesn't his Infinity Formula have the same effects as Captain America's Super Soldier Serum, namely it effectively prevents him from aging?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Fury's age was a problem? Doesn't his Infinity Formula have the same effects as Captain America's Super Soldier Serum, namely it effectively prevents him from aging?
    The age thing is funny, because Fury Jr looks very young even though he is supposed to resemble Samuel L. Jackson.
    MCU Fury synergy is probably one of Marvel’s worst attempts at synergy.