Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Heroes 4 Hire 4 Real

I find this concept fascinating. The implications of super powered bodyguards/mercenaries, doing specific jobs for the right amount of money. Can you imagine how powerful billionaires would be by putting these heroes on a permanent retainer/salary? Didn't Justin Hammer do this with super villains at one point?

While Luke Cage and Danny Rand did this in the past, I don't think this is something either of them would revisit. I also can remember a time when Peter Parker was so strapped for cash, that he may have considered it.

For the sake of argument, are there 4 heroes in the current MCU that would use their abilities for financial gain?

Quote Originally Posted by Cap808 View Post
    I find this concept fascinating. The implications of super powered bodyguards/mercenaries, doing specific jobs for the right amount of money. Can you imagine how powerful billionaires would be by putting these heroes on a permanent retainer/salary? Didn't Justin Hammer do this with super villains at one point?

While Luke Cage and Danny Rand did this in the past, I don't think this is something either of them would revisit. I also can remember a time when Peter Parker was so strapped for cash, that he may have considered it.

For the sake of argument, are there 4 heroes in the current MCU that would use their abilities for financial gain?
    More than 4. Siver Sable has a couple of groups of heroes for hire that she often puts on the field for those willing to pay the price. The Wild Pack and the Outlaws. Among their most famous players are The Cat, Prowler, Paladin and Battlestar. If you like the subject, I seriously recomend the 90's Heroes for Hire series by John Ostrander and Pasqual Ferry. It is probably my favorite series ever published by Marvel. There are two oversized TPBs collecting it that will probably be easier to track down.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    More than 4. Siver Sable has a couple of groups of heroes for hire that she often puts on the field for those willing to pay the price. The Wild Pack and the Outlaws. Among their most famous players are The Cat, Prowler, Paladin and Battlestar. If you like the subject, I seriously recomend the 90's Heroes for Hire series by John Ostrander and Pasqual Ferry. It is probably my favorite series ever published by Marvel. There are two oversized TPBs collecting it that will probably be easier to track down.

Peace
    You mean the original cat, or hellcat?

Peace
    Ostrander? Really? I thought he did amazing stuff with the Suicide Squad as well. Thank you for that recommendation. I'm going to look into that one.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    You mean the original cat, or hellcat?
    The Cat. He is a martial artist and a frequent foe to Shang-Chi, the Master of Kung Fu. Similar skills, but hardly the same morals. Nothing to do with Greer Nelson nor Patsy Walker.

Peace

Ostrander? Really? I thought he did amazing stuff with the Suicide Squad as well. Thank you for that recommendation. I'm going to look into that one.
    You're Welcome. Hope you find it and enjoy it.

Peace

Track down the Qicksilver trade as well. I stranded did that series as well. As I recall, both series ended at the same time with a great crossover.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Track down the Qicksilver trade as well. I stranded did that series as well. As I recall, both series ended at the same time with a great crossover.
    Heroes For Hire and Quicksilver crossover? I'll look into that, thanks.

Also can co sign this. Fantastic run. And if you are a fan of the concept there’s an underrated run Zeb Wells run set round Civil War with Misty Knight, Colleen Wing, Shang Chi, Paladin and others.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Also can co sign this. Fantastic run. And if you are a fan of the concept there’s an underrated run Zeb Wells run set round Civil War with Misty Knight, Colleen Wing, Shang Chi, Paladin and others.
    Ooh, that interests me. I'm a big fan of Misty, Colleen, Paladin and Shang. (Much more so than Silver Sable.)

Although I also like the idea of Prowler and the Cat being members (more so than Shang, actually, for the Cat).

And Hellstrom, who was someone portrayed as on Misty's speed-dial when she was calling up heroes, awhile back.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Ooh, that interests me. I'm a big fan of Misty, Colleen, Paladin and Shang. (Much more so than Silver Sable.)

Although I also like the idea of Prowler and the Cat being members (more so than Shang, actually, for the Cat).

And Hellstrom, who was someone portrayed as on Misty's speed-dial when she was calling up heroes, awhile back.
    You know I wasn’t a fan of Shang with that crew till Zebs run, he gives him a romance that plays to his villain side ( in a good way). Really though I love Paladin, you really get a sense for his personality and he’s fun to play off Misty and the like. Him and Black Cat bring a lot of fun energy to the group.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    You know I wasn’t a fan of Shang with that crew till Zebs run, he gives him a romance that plays to his villain side ( in a good way). Really though I love Paladin, you really get a sense for his personality and he’s fun to play off Misty and the like. Him and Black Cat bring a lot of fun energy to the group.
    Paladin seems super-underrated, like he's just waiting to bust out a solo mini that kicks all the ass. Then again, there are a ton of Spidey-adjacent characters like Prowler and Will O' the Wisp that I feel that way about. (Or Iron Man-adjacent characters like Force or Sunturion.)

The Cat. He is a martial artist and a frequent foe to Shang-Chi, the Master of Kung Fu. Similar skills, but hardly the same morals. Nothing to do with Greer Nelson nor Patsy Walker.

Peace
    i kind of remembered that after the fact.

...I seriously recomend the 90's Heroes for Hire series by John Ostrander and Pasqual Ferry. It is probably my favorite series ever published by Marvel. There are two oversized TPBs collecting it that will probably be easier to track down.
    I loved that run!! It was a great lineup of heroes, fantastic art, and just straight-up fun Marvel goodness!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I loved that run!! It was a great lineup of heroes, fantastic art, and just straight-up fun Marvel goodness!
    I really liked that White Tiger (and I'm a fan of the other ones, too, but have always been a fan of the Knights of Wundagore), plus Black Knight's a fun addition to that group. Was Hercules in his de-powered weapon-using state at the time, or his more traditional Thor-class strength & toughness?