Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Spider-Man Reign 2

https://twitter.com/SpiderMan/status...61236785766400

Is MJ alive again? Is Peter dragging her corpse around and "hearing" her? Will this be compared to The Dark Knight Returns sequels?

I only know of this story through it's more...infamous moments, so not sure what to make of this.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I only know of this story through it's more...infamous moments, so not sure what to make of this.
    Aside from that moment that was an easy fix for any Editor worth his salt, I think its a pretty solid story

Morbidly curious about this.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Aside from that moment that was an easy fix for any Editor worth his salt, I think its a pretty solid story
    Would generally agree. I did like the final chapter darkly riffing on the "with great power, there must also come great responsibility" motto by having the Venom symbiote's reasoning for its actions, however heinous they were, be that it viewed Peter's rejection years ago as him abdicating responsibility for a living creature that he left stranded on an alien world. It wasn't a bad argument per se, though it was harder to swallow, remembering the hellscape New York became because of the Venom symbiote trying to spite Peter for rejecting it so many years earlier.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Would generally agree. I did like the final chapter darkly riffing on the "with great power, there must also come great responsibility" motto by having the Venom symbiote's reasoning for its actions, however heinous they were, be that it viewed Peter's rejection years ago as him abdicating responsibility for a living creature that he left stranded on an alien world. It wasn't a bad argument per se, though it was harder to swallow, remembering the hellscape New York became because of the Venom symbiote trying to spite Peter for rejecting it so many years earlier.
    That was a great Venom moment, also Peter coming out out the coffin was great too

BANNED

I don't think I've ever heard anyone ever refer to Reign as the most notorious Spidey story. Like, I'd say Sins Past and OMD are far more notorious/hated/discussed overall as Reign.

Looking forward to this being the DKR2 of Marvel, an unnecessary sequel no one asked for or wanted.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Venomsaurus View Post
    I don't think I've ever heard anyone ever refer to Reign as the most notorious Spidey story. Like, I'd say Sins Past and OMD are far more notorious/hated/discussed overall as Reign.

Looking forward to this being the DKR2 of Marvel, an unnecessary sequel no one asked for or wanted.
    I think more than anything Marvel and specifically Andrews would like a do over and 'fix' the story as even though it's a good story anyone only remembers it for the one thing so it's alright to retcon it, but should just be a stepping stone to the more damaging story. Besides this and current run anything else that needs to addressed in Spidey's history of bad stories?

I wish Kaare would do an Elektra/Daredevil series. I don't remember the original Spiderman Reign much but it was very "Miller-esque".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    I wish Kaare would do an Elektra/Daredevil series. I don't remember the original Spiderman Reign much but it was very "Miller-esque".
    Kare Andrews is one of the most versatile artists in comics

This story has the “death by cum” plot-thread… BUT if you can moved past that, it’s a solid story. Big if.

Fantastic Member

Aside from the radioactive bodily fluids (which isn't even the dumbest way they have gotten rid of MJ (OMD, Plane Crash, Zeb Wells). I'll take Reign over what we are getting today

At this point, Marvel just hates Peter and is doing anything to destroy him. What a mess the spider office is.
    Last edited by Jekyll; 08-07-2023 at 05:35 PM.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

If Andrews is back I'm down I love his hyper stylized art.

I want it to be absolutely bug nuts.

*shakes head in utter disbelief*

"So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."