Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by clonegeek View Post
    Kare Andrews is one of the most versatile artists in comics
    Nowhere did I say he wasn’t. He’s actually one of the most talented artists in comics. It bothers me that he doesn’t do more. For that reason, I would kill to get an Elektra story by him…

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    I wish Kaare would do an Elektra/Daredevil series. I don't remember the original Spiderman Reign much but it was very "Miller-esque".
    It was literally Marvel's attempt to make their own TDKR with Spider-Man. Even in the drawing there are certain similarities.

BANNED

I guess I just never really minded or worried about the radioactive essence bit. Sure, it's dumb. But I mean...comics are dumb, in general. "I'm a rich guy, so I'm gonna use all my resources to dress like a rodent and punch people" Like bro WHAT. I'm pretty sure if we radioactive-ized a spider, the poor thing would just get cancer and die, not bite a kid and make him super powerful. So the notion that his essence may have killed MJ, dumb as it was, didn't really bother me.

As I mentioned on another thread, I always read that as speculation on Peter's part. Like, MJ got cancer and he blamed himself because THAT'S LITERALLY ALL HE DOES. Aunt May stubs her toe? Peter blames himself for not moving that table a few inches to the right when he got it for her years ago.

So while I don't really see the need to 'fix' Reign, I guess I am kinda hopeful/interested in what a sequel could do with MJ back. I mean, I love the way Andrews draws MJ (the only positive of the recent issue 25) so that kinda gives me hope. Maybe this will be good. I'm a huge fan of Andrews writing in general so if he's writing and drawing it I'm probably gonna at least consider buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomsaurus View Post
    I guess I just never really minded or worried about the radioactive essence bit.
    And it's not the first time Peter's body fluids endangered one of his love ones (Aunt May's blood poisoning in the famous Master Planner Saga).

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I loved Reign, it was super funny and entertaining! It reads entirely as a parody of The Dark Knight (or if The Dark knight Strikes Again era Miller had written the original).

I'd read more, as long as it's as ridiculous as the first one.

I don't know how "notorious" the original was, but it certainly is a meme.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Extraordinary Member

As mentioned in the MJ thread, I genuinely and unironically love the first Reign series. And I was happy with it as a one and done story.

I don't think that a sequel was needed. Especially if it's created to "fix" anything with the original.

But I'll keep an open mind and see where this goes.

Also, maybe this'll get Marvel to put out more trades of the original Reign. I still only have the single issues, and I'm getting rid of my singles collection so a Reign trade would be nice.

Astonishing Member

By the way, hasn't this version of Spider-Man been killed by Morlun in Spider-Verse?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    By the way, hasn't this version of Spider-Man been killed by Morlun in Spider-Verse?
    I think all the versions that Morlun killed got revived in End of the Spider-verse.

Mighty Member

Outside of the "Radioactive Sperm", I think the original is fine.
    It doesn't really work 100%, but it's probably the best you're going to get out of that concept.

I don't think it's very memorable either, I was thinking about it the other day and how People only bring up "Cum Death", but no one talks about any other aspect of it.
    Heck, it showed off Peter's balls before Bruce showed off his dick and no one ever brings that one up.

I'm conflicted with a Spider-Man reign 2, because it's got a lot going against it.

I also don't see how it's the most notorious Spider-Man story, unless we're wrong and it's actually a sequel to One More Day... One More Day 2... ohhh

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    I also don't see how it's the most notorious Spider-Man story, unless we're wrong and it's actually a sequel to One More Day... One More Day 2... ohhh
    A sequel to One More Day would surely be called Two More Days.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Maybe they'll go the Hollywood route and just take a word away instead. Like call it One More or just More Day.

Fantastic Member

If it can match the cocaine induced frenzy of Dark Knight Strikes again I will be all in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    One More Day: Day 2
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Astonishing Member

Hot take: Reign wasn’t as bad as everyone said at the time. Yes, it was derivative of TDKR, yes, MJ’s fate was extreme in that cringey early 00s way, but if you put those two points aside it’s a fun if weird read with some gorgeous art.

Radioactive semen is back!