Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Faithfully adapt the comics and with respected pre-00s comic writers crafting said adaptions. Do not play off of trends or try to turn the genre into what it's not. Never hire anyone who wishes to change the genre into what it's not or write the characters as thinking what they're dealing with is stupid like they don't actually feel it's real what they're facing.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Marvel--

Strikeforce Morituri--powers with a price.
    I love this, but this to me makes a much better series than a movie (or even a movie franchise).

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I still want my team of super villains. Sure, X-Men movies like First Class have had a group of mutant villains, the Black Order sort of works together in the Avengers movies, and Spider-Man No Way Home did a Sinister Six version, but I want to see a diverse group of criminals with various powers and origins coming together for a single purpose but with different motivations. Closer to the Flash's Rogues Gallery than what we got in the Suicide Squad movies. A Masters of Evil or a Secret Society of Super-Villains.
    A movie from the villain's point of view would be great. There would have to be some empathy for the main characters though, but throwing some need into a villain's plot can do that.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post

I wonder if DC's Jonah Hex movie poisoned the well for Western heroes.
    I don't think so. As far as westerns in general we've had things like Deadwood, Red Dead Redemption, Cry Macho, D'Jango/Hateful Eight be popular in recent years.

I'm thinking they should do the Marvel "Blaze of Glory/Apache Skies" minis in the style of a modern spaghetti western flix.

Still yet to see a real battle between comic book characters where they just really unleash on each other.

The closest was Superman vs Zod.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    Still yet to see a real battle between comic book characters where they just really unleash on each other.

The closest was Superman vs Zod.
    Thanos threw an asteroid at Iron Man. Iron Man used every weapon in his suits arsenal and Dr. Strange was no slouch. They held nothing back in that fight.

I wonder if Thanos could have countered Strange had he set up an infinite time loop, like when he beat Dormammu.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

A Deathlok trilogy would be amazing if done right. Start it out in the future with Col. Luthor Manning being turned into the Deathlok cyborg right after the Earth is decimated. He fights his way free and battles all sorts of cyborgs and genetically created monsters. The 2nd movie he is sent back in time to try and prevent his future from ever happening which brings him into conflict with Captain America. He prevents his future from happening but is killed at the end of the 2nd movie but we see his body taken away by some shady looking figures. The 3rd movie would see the mind of Michael Collins put into the Deathlok cyborg by the evil Roxxon company who hopes to use him as a living weapon before he breaks free.

There is just so much you can do with the character. Imagine the mindset of a person trapped in a half corpse/half machine body.
    Last edited by Zero Hunter; 08-13-2023 at 11:15 AM.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

The Joker grossed a billion dollars by slapping a comic book character name on a remake of other movies.

They should just set folks out to do something like that.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    The Joker grossed a billion dollars by slapping a comic book character name on a remake of other movies.

I'm not sure it it would seem like a cash-grab for the low-hanging fruit or not, but I'd be there with money in hand for something gimmick-y like a well-done Batman vs. Predator, on the big screen. (And I'm not the biggest Predator or Batman fan. I'd just be there for the ultra-violence.)

Boisterously Confused

IMO, the MCU seemed to have hit on something in its early phases when it was thinking less about making Marvel movies than bringing Marvel characters into other genres of film. CATWS, was often referred to as a political thriller; Ant-Man, a heist film. I think they lost something by first getting a bit obsessed with their own internal story, and (extensively) retrofitting extant comic plots.

For example, in spite of Multiverse of Madness' media positioning, the closest we've gotten to a horror film out of Marvel has been the streaming Werewolf by Night, or maybe Moonknight (Hellstrom is better just left out of the conversation ). There might be room for something like a Dr. Druid (I know, but if they can fix Man-Ape...) or Satana film that focuses on the horror. Daughters of the Dragon might ripe for globe-trotting intrigue.

The point being, something the audience might enjoy is to get away from the formula, think about the kind of story they're trying to tell first, and build up from that.

Extraordinary Member

A Strike Force Morituri trilogy would be great. But Marvel probably can't afford the budget at this point. Going by S.I a tv series would be boring as hell...

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post

Just release classic movies with Deepfaked comics characters superimposed over the actors. Nostalgia + superheroes = $$$.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Just release classic movies with Deepfaked comics characters superimposed over the actors. Nostalgia + superheroes = $$$.
    Aren't they currently having some heated discussion about that rn?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I'm not sure it it would seem like a cash-grab for the low-hanging fruit or not, but I'd be there with money in hand for something gimmick-y like a well-done Batman vs. Predator, on the big screen. (And I'm not the biggest Predator or Batman fan. I'd just be there for the ultra-violence.)
    Don't think you'll see that, rights issues. I think Disney is the ultimate owner of Predator, through 20th Century.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Faithfully adapt the comics and with respected pre-00s comic writers crafting said adaptions. Do not play off of trends or try to turn the genre into what it's not. Never hire anyone who wishes to change the genre into what it's not or write the characters as thinking what they're dealing with is stupid like they don't actually feel it's real what they're facing.
    DCU is doing this. MCU needs Dan Slott?