Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    The only link I could think of was that the title of the recap paragraph was "No More Mutants" and Xavier kept saying "no more." Not that that makes much sense but that's what came to mind lol
    “No more” is Chuck’s line from HOX when Orchis kills the team before we learn about resurrection.

Sometimes Kieron Gillen reminds up all that he was raised Irish Catholic.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Was Wanda haunted bc she acted like she didnt care much in its aftermath
    She wasn't in her right mind in the immediate aftermath. In the years since though, we've seen her guilt over it several times.

Oh my goodness are we about to see the rise of the Cult of Exodus because if so I'm all for it

Exodus is about to show the Nazarene Mutant how it’s really done.

Mystique/Siobhan is going to stab Shaw in the eye one of these days

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Isn't Exodus doing an actual exodus a little to much on the nose?
    Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Moses, not Jesus.
    A little on the Moses (Sorry, I just had to).

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    She was resurrected blind for some reason. It was clearly shown in all of her rare appearances without a mask. Out-of-universe reason is probably what either the writers forgot/don't know she wasn't originally blind, and/or they decided to keep her most well-known look, including solid gold mask, and hadn't wanted to explain how she can see through it. Although a better question would be - how she can breathe while wearing it? =)
    She was resurrected whole and able to see.

Soon after her resurrection, her mutation triggered and she went through the whole cycle again of seeing visions and writing them down since the in(evitable) conclusion of the visions were that she would lose her physical eyesight.

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    Much better written issue than Duggan's, but it makes me dislike Xavier even more than before. Wallowing in self pity, when he should be doing something [he clearly knows Rogue is alive and fighting, and now knows Emma is]. Instead, he is just chilling on his island paradise and pulling a Forgetting Sarah Marshall.

Also, Hope suddenly becoming useless seems like a disservice to her character. Her name is literally Hope; she should be the one leading the mutants on their exodus (not Exodus). Instead, she is just relegated to comforting Destiny and not knowing what to do.
    Xavier doesn't trust his own decisions anymore. When push came to shove, he chose mankind over mutants (at least, that's how he sees it) and as a result, almost made them extinct (again).

Now paralysed with guilt and indecision, he's making good on the only thing that makes sense to him -- defending one of the few mutants left (the island), the home of all those he (thinks he) killed and prepared to die there.

It's depression. Pure and simple.

Nothing will move him from that rock except maybe the return of Magneto (Max, not Joseph) or seeing the mutants alive and well again. Simply hearing that they're OK and fine won't be enough as proven from the Emma mental conversation. He won't accept that that's true and not others trying to get him out of the funk.

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    I enjoy how well written Shaw is in the Krakoa Era. Sinister may have been the primary focus as antagonist on the Quiet Council but this is now the second time that Shaw has set himself as the guy that everyone is rooting for getting his comeuppance.

I also love that Shaw has no fear of the Quiet Council, Avengers, Hellfire Club, Mother Righteous and Orchis but he will never do anything to get himself on Selene's bad side.
    What I kept thinking after I saw him inject himself is... does this mean that, once the Five are back, he won't be resurrected anymore because he WILLINGLY gave up his mutant powers?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chenpion View Post
    Xavier doesn't trust his own decisions anymore. When push came to shove, he chose mankind over mutants (at least, that's how he sees it) and as a result, almost made them extinct (again).

Now paralysed with guilt and indecision, he's making good on the only thing that makes sense to him -- defending one of the few mutants left (the island), the home of all those he (thinks he) killed and prepared to die there.

It's depression. Pure and simple.

Nothing will move him from that rock except maybe the return of Magneto (Max, not Joseph) or seeing the mutants alive and well again. Simply hearing that they're OK and fine won't be enough as proven from the Emma mental conversation. He won't accept that that's true and not others trying to get him out of the funk.
    It's typical when a narcissist has to have any accountability, they don't actually face what they have done, instead they focus and deal with what they can do. It's depression, grief a begrudging awareness of how he will never see his flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    A few things or questions i should say

Does Mother R have the mutants trapped in this desert?
    Unclear, but I strongly believe the answer to your question will ultimately be a resounding YES. I think the 250k mutants are in that lantern of hers from X-amen 25.

I’ll take it a step further. I think that Mama was Right(teous) has achieved DOMINION. The key is in that desert scene where the caption says “Noplace, Nowhen). I think the mutants are outside time and space, the very definition of dominion, with Big Mama. And that’s why Xavier can’t find them. They’re outside time and space in dominion minion with Essex’ sweetheart.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    It's typical when a narcissist has to have any accountability, they don't actually face what they have done, instead they focus and deal with what they can do. It's depression, grief a begrudging awareness of how he will never see his flaws.
    You gotta start somewhere. And this is accurate considering his history.

It's not very noble or likeable or whatever but this is pretty consistent.

Someone asked about Apoc's return waking Chuck up... yes and no, the big A will return and monologue disappointingly at Prof but that isn't gonna get him to shake it off.

Finally, ol' Blue Lips will tire of it and then kick some butt up down and all across the island. That'll start him on the road to recovery. Kicking and screaming, yes, but it is what works.

This type of personality usually will not "snap out of it" on their own. They need other agents to move them along. They'll too happy wallowing in their own misery.

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    FoX is an interesting pivot.
    The 250k can’t be on an earth desert - Xavier would sense them.
    How is Destiny blind again? I thought Mystique fixed that when she had Destiny resurrected and de-aged?
    Attachment 133946
    She’s outside of time and space in Mama Right’s orb is my theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Let's get through this miserable Fall first please, before we go calling down more trouble for the future. I think we've all had enough of schisms, in-fighting and machinations for one era.
    4 issues in, and the Fall. Is. Awesome.