Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    Much better written issue than Duggan's, but it makes me dislike Xavier even more than before. Wallowing in self pity, when he should be doing something [he clearly knows Rogue is alive and fighting, and now knows Emma is]. Instead, he is just chilling on his island paradise and pulling a Forgetting Sarah Marshall.

Also, Hope suddenly becoming useless seems like a disservice to her character. Her name is literally Hope; she should be the one leading the mutants on their exodus (not Exodus). Instead, she is just relegated to comforting Destiny and not knowing what to do.
    Man you’re harsh on these guys. Xavier has the proverbial blood of a quarter million mutants on his hands and Hope literally just released they’re not on Earth. Given the scale I don’t think it’s unreasonable that they haven’t immediately shifted into hero/leader mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzystarr View Post
    That's Charles facing down the cyborg Wolverine on the deserted Krakoa not Hope
    What makes you say that? The background is definitely a desert and if you look closely at the gloves they look like Hope's, not Charles' which are just all black as drawn by the same artist on this issue's cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    Soft Serve about to save the whole Krakoan civilization lmao

Great issue! Glad it's not strictly mopey Chuck, though I'm sure we'll get more of his peppered thru the arc

Exodus is going to lead mutantkind to salvation, and her name is Jean Grey
    Like between Soft Serve, Eye Scream Man and Hope, they probably really could just feed the Exiles nutrient rich ice cream.
    I really can't believe that with 250,000 mutants and Hope, that "most" of them don't have any useful abilities for survial.

I enjoy how well written Shaw is in the Krakoa Era. Sinister may have been the primary focus as antagonist on the Quiet Council but this is now the second time that Shaw has set himself as the guy that everyone is rooting for getting his comeuppance.

I also love that Shaw has no fear of the Quiet Council, Avengers, Hellfire Club, Mother Righteous and Orchis but he will never do anything to get himself on Selene's bad side.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

LOL yes. He clearly learned his lesson when she first appointed herself as Black Queen of the HFC. I wonder if he told her he is no longer a mutant?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quick reaction before I go through everything.

"X Weeks Later" = Writers ignoring all the interesting questions about How Orchis achieved what it has after the Gala....meanwhile....we have literal Time Hoping in the Story itself. They seriously should have had Phobos converted to a Prison Planet for the Mutants...that would have made more sense than this.
    Xavier with a Beard on page after page after page...when Xavier has not been at all interesting in Immortal X-Men compared to the rest of the cast....

It was just so...Lifeless...which is the Problem with the entire concept of Fall of X...it is all just Lifeless. This is like we have been in Spring and suddenly a Winter Storm rolled in and it was Winter.....almost like real life (replace Spring with Summer).

The X-Franchise on Krakoa has typically felt Overstuffed with Life and Ignored Stories and Characters...and now......it feels Hollowed Out and Empty.

Consider....alllllllll those Mutants in the Desert....and we saw Exodus push The Five into the same portal...but only Exodus, Hope, and Destiny are the known Mutants..............I mean....Proteus could literally turn the Sand to Water and Food and Shelter, Tempus could literally stand still for a day and allow the planet to rotate around her and then go back to where she started and let them know where they are, Exodus (and who knows how many of the Mutants) can FLY and Scout which Direction to go...but nope...that would be bad for the story so they go with only the QC members and Following the Mutant Moses Wannabe into the LITERAL Desert..............To say that the X-Franchise is Stale and Grasping for Stories from Older Stories right now is an Understatement.

This was the worst issue of the run and I feel like Gillan's work is being impacted by his own feelings about the trajectory this has all taken.

Also.....the Concept of Mutant Circuits is yet again being ignored....and this really is the worst offence of it so far.

Hickman literally used a concept, one that is STILL front and center with Resurrection, The Five, and Hope...., to elevate the entire Concept of what those with Powers can do...yet I swear it is a Mandate that there will be no Mutant Circuits beyond The Five to keep them even more unique....when they are unique bc their powers together Allow for Resurrection.....

Like I have seen mentioned elsewhere...they really seem to have just Dismantled the Krakoan Army without a proper explanation...the X-Men as a Team were Gone from the Start of House of X until the 1st Hellfire Gala. I swear everyone Forgets that...and they were not created to Replace the WAR Captains. Magik was actually Promoted to Cyclops Head War Captain position once the X-Men were "re-launched" as the Public Facing extension of Mutant-Human cooperation and defense. That is why the Treehouse was Open to the Public...they wanted to be seen in the same way as The Avengers (just like they did with the Extinction Team and Whedon's Team). During the time without the X-Men, it was pretty clear that a notable percentage of residents were ready to be on the Frontline of any War (see A.X.E. or the 1st X-Force Arc). Those residents were placed into Mutant Circuits in a way to produce something More from the Combination of Powers.

I swear, they wrote the Mutants to be so Dumb, it had impacted their own writing.
    Last edited by gambit2051; 08-09-2023 at 02:33 PM.
    If you are going to refute, you need to do your own research.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    Soft Serve about to save the whole Krakoan civilization lmao

Great issue! Glad it's not strictly mopey Chuck, though I'm sure we'll get more of his peppered thru the arc

Exodus is going to lead mutantkind to salvation, and her name is Jean Gre
    y
    You know wondered, Exodus has been convinced Hope was his messiah, what if the entire time he was being lead to Jean as Phoenix? Would if he's the herald of the Phoenix Force...

Quote Originally Posted by gambit2051 View Post
    Quick reaction before I go through everything.

"X Weeks Later" = Writers ignoring all the interesting questions about How Orchis achieved what it has after the Gala....meanwhile....we have literal Time Hoping in the Story itself. They seriously should have had Phobos converted to a Prison Planet for the Mutants...that would have made more sense than this.
    Xavier with a Beard on page after page after page...when Xavier has not been at all interesting in Immortal X-Men compared to the rest of the cast....

It was just so...Lifeless...which is the Problem with the entire concept of Fall of X...it is all just Lifeless. This is like we have been in Spring and suddenly a Winter Storm rolled in and it was Winter.....almost like real life (replace Spring with Summer).

The X-Franchise on Krakoa has typically felt Overstuffed with Life and Ignored Stories and Characters...and now......it feels Hollowed Out and Empty.

Consider....alllllllll those Mutants in the Desert....and we saw Exodus push The Five into the same portal...but only Exodus, Hope, and Destiny are the known Mutants..............I mean....Proteus could literally turn the Sand to Water and Food and Shelter, Tempus could literally stand still for a day and allow the planet to rotate around her and then go back to where she started and let them know where they are, Exodus (and who knows how many of the Mutants) can FLY and Scout which Direction to go...but nope...that would be bad for the story so they go with only the QC members.

This was the worst issue of the run and I feel like Gillan's work is being impacted by his own feelings about the trajectory this has all taken.
    Summer storms do happen and they can be very destructive.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Worst Immortal X-men so far.
    I was expecting an exam on Xavier's psychological state, but we got only a Gala flashback for those who hadn't bought the comic.
    Nobody really died, so Xavier's plot has no weight.
    Shaw and Selene are just goofy cartoon villains now.
    Destiny freaking out like a teenager and being hit by Hope.
    Exodus Moses was the only promising plot, but we have to wait and see if it will pay off.
    Xavier's plot has weight as in, it does really impact him. It's a good continuation of Xavier in general and in particular in this era, if you follow the threads. He's been more and more isolated and his head is so far up his own ass he has two sets of teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Summer storms do happen and they can be very destructive.
    Not when you have Precogs.

The X-Office REALLY had to make the X-Men, their Mutant Villains, and the Mutant Population so incredibly Stupid for this to "work"...

Oh, and the less said about the Children of the Vault the better....bc Orchis would TOTALLY leave them alone......................................

Quote Originally Posted by gambit2051 View Post
    Not when you have Precogs.

The X-Office REALLY had to make the X-Men, their Mutant Villains, and the Mutant Population so incredibly Stupid for this to "work"...

Oh, and the less said about the Children of the Vault the better....bc Orchis would TOTALLY leave them alone......................................
    did you read the issue lol? it was about how the children of the vault are subtly manipulating everyone with a psychic virus.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    Future spoilers: Exodus parts a Red Sea and writes seven new laws for Krakoa to make it an even 10.
    He will write 15, but drop the Tablet when going to present it.....I love History of the World Part 1 lol

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    did you read the issue lol? it was about how the children of the vault are subtly manipulating everyone with a psychic virus.
    that I did....and i rolled my eyes so hard at this idea bc it has been used and abused sooooooo often. I enjoyed Bishop and Cable...but the CotV plotline of the CotV Mini was just...meh.

Those Cities looked like the ones the Mutants Constructed back when they had the Phoenix Five (people forget that the Mutants basically established a Country in that Event...Co-Written by Hickman.....), and the idea that everyone in the World is infected with a Virus that makes them love the CotV sounds like throwing the idea of 'How do we get Humans to NOT Treat them like Mutants?' at the wall and just going with whatever hung there for the longest.

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    What if and maybe I am reaching here, and I think maybe someone pointed this out weeks ago about a Schism.

But what if we are going to have Different factions of Leadership and a civil war breaks out after the Fall?

Meaning

Apaccy
    Exodus
    Jean Or Storm Or Emma being a power couple with Tony Stark
    And a 4th leader? Magneto perhaps?

Seems to me something is brewing, I just cant put my finger to it.
    And to think....they were going to announce Elections at this Gala....sigh

Quote Originally Posted by PopCulturePooka View Post
    Like between Soft Serve, Eye Scream Man and Hope, they probably really could just feed the Exiles nutrient rich ice cream.
    I really can't believe that with 250,000 mutants and Hope, that "most" of them don't have any useful abilities for survial.
    The possibilities of Mutant Circuits are only limited by the Imagination of the Writer.
    Last edited by gambit2051; 08-09-2023 at 03:11 PM.

I absolutely love what they're doing with Exodus.