Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Default How would you use these secret orgs to fix USA and the world?t

If you had power to fix America and the world, how would you use them?

The resources at you disposal are: (any iteration you like)

• The Court of Owls

• The Hand

• Spectre

• Ozuno Clan from Ninja Assassin

• League of Shadows

I'm just trying to see something here lol.
    Rest in Peace mom, we love you and still miss you.
    8-29-53/11-30-21

I feel uncomfortable answering this question because it would mean that I'd in favor of a lot of criminal acts.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I feel uncomfortable answering this question because it would mean that I'd in favor of a lot of criminal acts.
    Yes, you would become a supervillian however one wants to rationalize it.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Spectre isn't a secret organization.

SPECTRE (Special Executive for Counter-intelligence, Terrorism, Revenge and Extortion) is a different story.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I mean well, Batman does a lot of criminal acts
    Rest in Peace mom, we love you and still miss you.
    8-29-53/11-30-21

Boisterously Confused

Literature is loaded with the karmic price one pays for using (or rejecting) the power to make a better world (in one's opinion). The epilogue of almost every Greek Hero's story is usually about that.

My arrogant inclination would be to bring down a range of folk from the Sacklers to Putin. Doubtlessly, I'd inflict an array of unintended consequences that I can't even imagine. That's before we even talk about betraying my belief that due process matters.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

First thing I would do is destroy Blackrock

Use the Hand, Talons, League of Shadows, and Ozunu ops to take out cartels and corrupt officials in Mexico and Afghanistan.

Use SPECTRE to over throw the rightwing government in Israel and stop those settlement expansions.

Use The Court of Owls to keep facists out of power in America, France, and U.K. or most Western world in general.

Then set my eyes on Latin America and Yemen.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Literature is loaded with the karmic price one pays for using (or rejecting) the power to make a better world.
    And I usually roll my eyes at stories like that, cause I suspect they want you to sit on your hands and do **** all. I'm suspicious of aesops like that.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    And I usually roll my eyes at stories like that, cause I suspect they want you to sit on your hands and do **** all. I'm suspicious of aesops like that.
    You emphasize the using and ignore the rejecting. Every decision has consequences. Because inaction didn't turn out the way you want doesn't mean it would be better.

You can’t use secret organizations to “fix” the world. The solution is not in being “secret”, is in doing the right thing and in doing the thing that is possible.

How do you fix the climate? When the problem lies in the way 8,1 billion people are living and the system that sustains them.

One author, joking, said we will end in a Green totalitarism.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

My Oath of Non-Interference prevents me from taking any action to fix the USA and the world.

Hypothetically, if for some reason I was granted dispensation to interfere, here's what I'd do.

At least one of the organizations listed, The Hand, has the ability to resurrect people with no statute of limitations. They brought Frank Castle's wife back and she's been dead for years. So I'll have them bring Ruth Bader Ginsburg back from the dead. Since Supreme Court Justices have a lifetime term and Ginsburg never retired, it could be argued that she is still a Justice. No doubt whether she is or not will be a case that ends up before the Supreme Court itself.

Before it gets to the Supreme Court, I'll ensure I win whatever decision the Court makes by having my minions arrange fatal accidents for at least two Republican-appointed Justices and then bring them back from the dead after a week or two has passed. If the Court rules Justices who die before retiring are still Justices after being resurrected, then Ginsburg is back in. If the Court rules that death ends a Justice's term even if they come back to life later, then the two Justices who were dead for a week are off the Court and Biden gets to appoint replacements. Either way the power of the current Republican bloc on the Supreme Court is broken.

Oh, and I'll also bring Prince, David Bowie, and a bunch of other dead celebrities back while I'm at it. Deceased scientific and medical geniuses too.
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

id like to reunite the classic-era simpsons writer's room and maybe consolidate the various streaming platforms libraries

Invincible Member

Well, the obvious thing to do is have them not be criminals anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    My Oath of Non-Interference prevents me from taking any action to fix the USA and the world.

Hypothetically, if for some reason I was granted dispensation to interfere, here's what I'd do.

At least one of the organizations listed, The Hand, has the ability to resurrect people with no statute of limitations. They brought Frank Castle's wife back and she's been dead for years. So I'll have them bring Ruth Bader Ginsburg back from the dead. Since Supreme Court Justices have a lifetime term and Ginsburg never retired, it could be argued that she is still a Justice. No doubt whether she is or not will be a case that ends up before the Supreme Court itself.

Before it gets to the Supreme Court, I'll ensure I win whatever decision the Court makes by having my minions arrange fatal accidents for at least two Republican-appointed Justices and then bring them back from the dead after a week or two has passed. If the Court rules Justices who die before retiring are still Justices after being resurrected, then Ginsburg is back in. If the Court rules that death ends a Justice's term even if they come back to life later, then the two Justices who were dead for a week are off the Court and Biden gets to appoint replacements. Either way the power of the current Republican bloc on the Supreme Court is broken.

Oh, and I'll also bring Prince, David Bowie, and a bunch of other dead celebrities back while I'm at it. Deceased scientific and medical geniuses too.
    Interesting use of logic to get around moral issues while still gaming the system.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

The best thing to do would be to expose secrets. Reveal what the scumbags did, and let the rest of the world mete out the punishment.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets