Thread: Diana Origin

All-New Member

Default Diana Origin

One more time was Diana made out of clay or Daddy Zeus? With DC continuity these days I'm lost! I'm still trying to figure out what made Diana come to America in world war two since Steve Trevor is set in the modern times I think? I hate the fact they set her back in the golden age to be with the JSA I don't see where this benefit her at all. This was all suppose to be 5G right?
    Last edited by Billy1977; 08-09-2023 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy1977 View Post
    One more time was Diana made out of clay or Daddy Zeus? With DC continuity these days I'm lost! I'm still trying to figure out what made Diana come to America in world war two since Steve Trevor is set in the modern times I think? I hate the fact they set her back in the golden age to be with the JSA I don't see where this benefit her at all. This was all suppose to be 5G right?
    Zeus has nothing to do with the creation of the Amazons nor the creation of Diana herself.

Astonishing Member

Until they change the origin again. I'm not a fan of her being Zeus's offspring -- because he is such a pig. I liked Perez's origin where she had a the soul of an unborn child.

Diana was molded from clay by Hippolyta and given life by the Goddesses. That's been her origin from 1941 to 2011. The Zeus thing happened in 2011 and while some writers and certain powers at DC are fond of it, a lot of writers either skirt around it or they ignore it and it's polarizing even among WW fans.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly