Thread: Gundam Manga

Default Gundam Manga

Anybody read any of these? Unfortunately they seem to be fairly limited in the US despite a lot of other Gundam merchandise becoming easier to attain over the past few years.

Thunderbolt seems the most available along with the Origin, there were also translations of the Kondo adaptation, Ecole, Blue Destiny and the Wing mangas in the past.

However others haven't been translated such as Crossbone Gundam, which is a sequel to F91, linking it a bit closer with Victory Gundam but also featuring links to the older UC shows, such as how Jupiter fits into everything. CB Gundam has had models and game appearences but the manga doesn't have an official translation

There's also a 0083 manga-Rebellion which is a retelling of the OAV but features major changes to the material (Kind of like the Gundam novels did, or the Evangelion rebuild movies). I also think Viz did a photocomic at one point.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I'm planning to read Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt.

The Origin manga is a pretty stellar retelling of the original series.

I've seen the anime version, which kind of 'stops' right before the original series, so it's kind of sold as a prequel despite some changes from what is generally established (Guntank and Guncannons existing before the Gundam instead of developed alongside, for example).

This is more apparent in the recent Doan's island movie, which takes place during the series yet has Sleggar with them before Jaburo, Bright's blue uniform etc.

Then again, it's in good company-Star Wars, Star Trek, Alien etc have often debated prequels that don't line up 100% with the rest of the series....
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Anybody read any of these? Unfortunately they seem to be fairly limited in the US despite a lot of other Gundam merchandise becoming easier to attain over the past few years.

Thunderbolt seems the most available along with the Origin, there were also translations of the Kondo adaptation, Ecole, Blue Destiny and the Wing mangas in the past.

However others haven't been translated such as Crossbone Gundam, which is a sequel to F91, linking it a bit closer with Victory Gundam but also featuring links to the older UC shows, such as how Jupiter fits into everything. CB Gundam has had models and game appearences but the manga doesn't have an official translation

There's also a 0083 manga-Rebellion which is a retelling of the OAV but features major changes to the material (Kind of like the Gundam novels did, or the Evangelion rebuild movies). I also think Viz did a photocomic at one point.
    Yeah! I'm only familiar with a few of the titles mentioned. But, I do own & remember reading the manga version of...

Mobile Fighter G Gundam

Mighty Member

I have a couple of the Wing mangas, one is a prequel while the other takes place after endless waltz. I've not read either yet, I'm kind of saving them for when I want to revisit the Wing Universe, but they seem pretty interesting.

I know that there is a manga adaptation for stardust memory don't believe its English translated and I am also unsure if its finished. I would like to see if they added anything extra to the ending like explain what happen to Kou after the events of the stardust
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy