Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    This has to be Bendis Illuminati and not Hickman's Illumanti.
    What's the difference?

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    85-90% probability on this very description coming true, lol. One can only hope Cantwell does a lil more reading of what Adam is capable of and at least shows a tad more of a guy can more than hold his own with any of these guys in the room.
    I'm going to hold off on buying it for that very reason: I don't trust Cantwell. I know if this was DC, we'd get a "Superman vs. Darkseid" type battle at the end with Superman showing exactly why he's Superman. But this is Marvel, and even though Thanos is comprised of matter, and Blue Marvel is capable of annihilating any and all matter, just like he did with the Beyonder who took a material form, we probably won't get to see any of that. We'll probably get another story where Adam mysteriously loses all of his antimatter abilities and never actually gets an Infinity Stone of any kind.

I can understand Emma being in the Illuminati being married to Tony, but why haven't these brainiacs in the Illuminati included Cyclops yet?

It can't be for past sins because Illuminati membership seems to ask for members living in glass houses. I would think his track record as a strategist is in the category of Captain America. Speaking of which, Cap isn't in the Illuminati either...

Quote Originally Posted by Cap808 View Post
    I can understand Emma being in the Illuminati being married to Tony, but why haven't these brainiacs in the Illuminati included Cyclops yet?

It can't be for past sins because Illuminati membership seems to ask for members living in glass houses. I would think his track record as a strategist is in the category of Captain America. Speaking of which, Cap isn't in the Illuminati either...
    Perhaps Cap is too noble a character for the Illuminati?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I'm going to hold off on buying it for that very reason: I don't trust Cantwell. I know if this was DC, we'd get a "Superman vs. Darkseid" type battle at the end with Superman showing exactly why he's Superman. But this is Marvel, and even though Thanos is comprised of matter, and Blue Marvel is capable of annihilating any and all matter, just like he did with the Beyonder who took a material form, we probably won't get to see any of that. We'll probably get another story where Adam mysteriously loses all of his antimatter abilities and never actually gets an Infinity Stone of any kind.

What's the current status of the Infinity Gems/stones anyhow? Last I read I thought they all had hosts like Star/ Ripley Ryan

Exactly, what's interesting is to see what consideration is given to the fact Adam was able work to stop Thanos while with The Ultimates.

Ya know, I sat here trying to figure out how to respond to this...then I realized that you're absolutely right. Cap won't stand for an Illuminati, let alone be a part of one.

Invincible Member

Ya know, I sat here trying to figure out how to respond to this...then I realized that you're absolutely right. Cap won't stand for an Illuminati, let alone be a part of one.
    He already was. He was in an early issue of Hickman's run. He didn't like an action the group was going to take, so instead of working it out or agreeing to disagree, the others mindwiped him and got rid of him. Which leads to another point...the whole point of the Illuminati is that not that these are the best minds of the Marvel Universe who are able to solve the big problems, it's that they're the big shots who keep secrets from their teammates and compromise their values and by doing so, make everything worse.

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    What's the current status of the Infinity Gems/stones anyhow? Last I read I thought they all had hosts like Star/ Ripley Ryan
    I honestly don't know the status, but that would be one way to ensure that Thanos doesn't get his hands on the stones again. At least not without killing all of the current wielders and using their desiccated bodies as Infinity relics, i.e., stones. Wait a sec, that's EXACTLY what Thanos would do. Maybe this series won't be so bad after all?
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member

Cyclops is currently a prisoner of Orchis

Quote Originally Posted by clonegeek View Post
    Man the Eternals just vanished from the comics didn't they?
    Yeah, Sersi was killed off at the end of Judgement Day, but the others haven't been used since then either.

If I remember right, he found out about them, but they wiped his memory!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

A kindler, gentler Illuminati, eh? lol. Lmao

Big Purple better wreck their club

Ultimate Member

Cap being part of a meta-organization of heroes who specifically sometimes try to do the harder 'right' thing, rather than the 'more effective' practical thing, less morally flexible and more prone to stop and ponder '*should* we be doing this?' would be neat.

People like himself, Spider-Man, the Thing, Jean Gray, Colossus, Wonder Man, Ms. Marvel, Shang-Chi, Songbird, Falcon, Blue Marvel, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Cyclops is currently a prisoner of Orchis
    Ahh, well I figured it was something like that which kept him 'indisposed' to taking a seat at this sketchy table. However, I shrugged it off assuming that the powers-that-be that print this book, don't really care about continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    He already was. He was in an early issue of Hickman's run. He didn't like an action the group was going to take, so instead of working it out or agreeing to disagree, the others mindwiped him and got rid of him. Which leads to another point...the whole point of the Illuminati is that not that these are the best minds of the Marvel Universe who are able to solve the big problems, it's that they're the big shots who keep secrets from their teammates and compromise their values and by doing so, make everything worse.
    Didn't I read a story like this in DC where they mindwiped Green Arrow and Batman? Can't keep track of all the crisis that DC characters go through, but that might have been Identity Crisis?